• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White Supremacy and Christianity

So I watched a documentary about the KKK on netflix a while back and it got me thinking about a couple of things. Manley because majority of the people they showed on the documentary were fervent believers in God. They even held a 'church service' so to speak.

But that really doesn't make sense. Because the Christian-Judaeo God really favors the Jewish people. There's a whole part of the bible in which he demands the death of anyone who tries to oppose his people. Also the fact that their savior is descended from a long line of Jewish family. Since they hate people of Jewish decent too.

So does anyone have a opinion on the matter. I'm only asking because I'm curious.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
People read scriptures and find what they are looking for. One of my touchstones for this is Abraham Lincoln's second inaugural address - this section where he refers to the North and South:

Both read the same Bible and pray to the same God, and each invokes His aid against the other. It may seem strange that any men should dare to ask a just God's assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men's faces, but let us judge not, that we be not judged. The prayers of both could not be answered. That of neither has been answered fully. The Almighty has His own purposes. "Woe unto the world because of offenses; for it must needs be that offenses come, but woe to that man by whom the offense cometh."

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
So I watched a documentary about the KKK on netflix a while back and it got me thinking about a couple of things. Manley because majority of the people they showed on the documentary were fervent believers in God. They even held a 'church service' so to speak.

But that really doesn't make sense. Because the Christian-Judaeo God really favors the Jewish people. There's a whole part of the bible in which he demands the death of anyone who tries to oppose his people. Also the fact that their savior is descended from a long line of Jewish family. Since they hate people of Jewish decent too.

So does anyone have a opinion on the matter. I'm only asking because I'm curious.
Are you seriously asking some of us to justify the ludicrous thinking of KKK members?

People read scriptures and find what they are looking for. One of my touchstones for this is Abraham Lincoln's second inaugural address - this section where he refers to the North and South:

Both read the same Bible and pray to the same God, and each invokes His aid against the other. It may seem strange that any men should dare to ask a just God's assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men's faces, but let us judge not, that we be not judged. The prayers of both could not be answered. That of neither has been answered fully. The Almighty has His own purposes. "Woe unto the world because of offenses; for it must needs be that offenses come, but woe to that man by whom the offense cometh."

I see. So you believe they ignore the majority of it and follow the rest?

Grandliseur

Most things can be perverted, and have been, and will continue to be tomorrow. It is in fact that it is a fact that evolution was used for the reason to assume that certain human races were untermensch by both the British, the German and other Europeans where terrible things were done around the world, Africa, etc. in the colonies of such nations. Thus, it seems you have a pseudo Christian-evolutionary thing that permitted this kind of reasoning to take place for the sake of profiting on others' suffering.

The Bible itself does not encourage this:
Acts 28:28 Therefore let it be known to YOU that this, the means by which God saves, has been sent out to the nations; they will certainly listen to it. . .
Acts 26:23 that the Christ was to suffer and, as the first to be resurrected from the dead, he was going to publish light both to this people and to the nations.”​
Genocide of indigenous peoples - Wikipedia

Aldrnari

Meh... Never underestimate people's capacity to stick our fingers in our ears and go "LA LA LA..." when confronted with things we don't like, agree with, or want to understand. :D

I'm sure these KKK members have rationalised a counter argument for anything that disagrees with their hateful beliefs; even if it comes from the "word of god."

Most things can be perverted, and have been, and will continue to be tomorrow. It is in fact that it is a fact that evolution was used for the reason to assume that certain human races were untermensch by both the British, the German and other Europeans where terrible things were done around the world, Africa, etc. in the colonies of such nations. Thus, it seems you have a pseudo Christian-evolutionary thing that permitted this kind of reasoning to take place for the sake of profiting on others' suffering.

The Bible itself does not encourage this:
Acts 28:28 Therefore let it be known to YOU that this, the means by which God saves, has been sent out to the nations; they will certainly listen to it. . .
Acts 26:23 that the Christ was to suffer and, as the first to be resurrected from the dead, he was going to publish light both to this people and to the nations.”​
Genocide of indigenous peoples - Wikipedia

Interesting. I remember learning a lot about the British empire and how they treated the natives in their colonies.

InChrist

Free4ever
I can only conclude that the KKK twist the scriptures to serve their own evil agendas and imagined entitled superiority over others in an attempt to justify their behavior by using God.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

I think you may have a couple of misconceptions about Judaism in your question. Where in the Bible is your reference about a god demanding the death of anyone who opposes Jews? I think this is opposite of the truth both historically and scripturally. In what way are Jewish people favored other than through the gift of Judaism? That seems to be the favor that is spoken of.

The kkk is relatively unknown to me, but they rely upon superstition to support their aims. It seems little more than a puppet para-church created by wealthy slave owners to prop up their vicious practices, and somehow it has failed to completely die with desegregation in the USA. I think that the Bible is misunderstood often enough and by enough organizations and enough people that its reasonable to dismiss anything the kkk claims to know. They're just the worst possible place to start, like trying to read underwater.

Grandliseur

Interesting. I remember learning a lot about the British empire and how they treated the natives in their colonies.
Even the pre-Hitler German 'Empire' killed ruthlessly their colonial subjects. There seem to be very few nations that has not been having their day of terror around the world. Turkey is one of these. Recently, was it, Uganda, and one other African nation that for no reason at all began this kind of merciless killing of its subjects where successful farmers, etc. had their properties confiscated, people hurt.

Don't forget Mao and Stalin / Lenin. They were as bad or worse than Hitler. No Christian fellow feeling there. Even now though it is hard to get facts, the harvesting of organs in China from their prisoners seem to be happening frequently.

Phantasman

I don't confuse Christianity with orthodoxy. When you drop the OT from the Gospel (message) there is no racism. Just spiritual truth, devoid of color as well as sex and nationality. It's all about mind and spirit, and the flesh means nothing, having no value. John 6:63

There is only light and darkness.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

You need to understand that an extremely small % of "Christians" are in the KKK.

By saying all Christians are white supremacist you are accusing African Americans amongst other ethnicities of being white supremacist as well. Which is extremely offensive. So I'd be careful of that.

Jumi

Jesus was a Jew is a point that is sometimes brought up, but sometimes it's also brought up that it was they that caused his death. Just like all viewpoints, people will find their justifications for good and bad if they wish.

Vee

Premium Member

People who want to spread and justify hatred look for ways to push their agenda and doing things "in God's name" and saying that it's "God's will" is a strategy that has worked for centuries (just look at the history at the Catholic Church for example). Hitler also said that he was serving God.
They take advantage of people's ignorance and emotional weakness to manipulate them.