• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White Supremacy and Christianity

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I hail from the northern most part of the South, southern Indiana.

Yeah, there's a lot of that here where I live. Less than it used to be, but still.
Tom

Wait! What...you think Indiana is part of the South? But you kind of made my point. The North is as bigoted or as not bigoted as any other area.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Northern Indianastan isn't the south.
It's Michiganistan's basement.
I didn't grow up in Da Region.
Reading comprehension dude.
I grew up in Northern Kentucky. I could walk to the Grand Dragon of the Indiana KKK house from where I lived.
Not that we Papists were welcome at his annual Hog Roast.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Note:
I don't blame Xianity for these horrid malefactors being in their midst.
I do.
"The Chosen People" is an ancient concept. "We're all children of God" is a modern secular concept.
And it's not Scriptural. That's what the KKK is still such a Christian organization.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I didn't grow up in Da Region.
Reading comprehension dude.
I grew up in Northern Kentucky. I could walk to the Grand Dragon of the Indiana KKK house from where I lived.
Not that we Papists were welcome at his annual Hog Roast.
Tom
Were you a KKK member or just a groupie?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I do.
"The Chosen People" is an ancient concept. "We're all children of God" is a modern secular concept.
And it's not Scriptural. That's what the KKK is still such a Christian organization.
Tom
As with all religions, I judge not based upon scripture, but on
how the adherents behave. Of the Xians I know, nasty racists
are far & few between. So I don't blame Xianity for the KKK.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
But pull off those hoods, & the overwhelming odds are they'll be white Xians.

Note:
I don't blame Xianity for these horrid malefactors being in their midst.

They might call themselves christians. You might consider them christians. But they are not Christians in my book. They barely qualify as humans.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They might call themselves christians. You might consider them christians. But they are not Christians in my book. They barely qualify as humans.
To overly demonize people would be to blind one to understanding them.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Care to substantiate?

Great example: Trump's Jerusalem embassy move was lauded by Israel's prime minister who said Trump "did a great service for peace"

Self-righteousness, or self-interest, when it precedes and precludes empathetic intelligence, becomes the root of social unrest and violence.

The KKK, Hitler, etc. are embodiments of certain Judeo-Christian values:

1) Slavery is acceptable.
2) Apartheid and ethnic cleansing are acceptable.
a) Bigotry is acceptable.
3) Civilian casualties are acceptable.
4) Nationalism and tribalism are acceptable.
5) Superstition is encouraged.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Great example: Trump's Jerusalem embassy move was lauded by Israel's prime minister who said Trump "did a great service for peace"

Self-righteousness, or self-interest, when it precedes and precludes empathetic intelligence, becomes the root of social unrest and violence.

You seriously think that the KKK and Adolf Hitler represent Judeo-Christian values? Is there any reason you want to pick the worst examples of people to represent one of the largest groups on the planet (Christians)? Also, the Israeli PM does not represent world Jewry and never has.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
They might call themselves christians.
That's the only way I have to tell the difference between Christians and everybody else. Christians describe themselves as Christians, non-Christians do not.

It isn't like there's some objective standard or anything. Your personal opinion about which Christians are True Christians and which are not isn't particularly objective.
Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Northern Indianastan isn't the south.
It's not the South, but it's still heavy on the Jesus and pork, and to my knowledge Kokomo still holds the record for hosting the largest Klan rally ever held. Quiet a few Northern/North-Central towns even have a reputation as sunset towns.
Study identifies Kokomo as home of KKK 'hate group'
Kokomo has been an historic hotbed for KKK activity since at least the early 20th century. The city hosted what is reported to be the largest Klan rally in history on July 4, 1923, in which an estimated 200,000 supporters converged on a park about four miles west of the city.
An article by historian Robert Coughlan reported “literally half” the town had joined the Klan at its peak between 1923 and 1925.
But something interesting that I didn't know:

In 1925, the KKK opened its own 50-bed hospital on West Sycamore Street because members didn’t want to be treated at the only other hospital in town, which was operated by Catholic sisters, according to a publication of the Howard County Historical Society.
The Klan hospital closed in 1930 and eventually was turned into St. Joseph Memorial Hospital.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But they are not Christians in my book
And yet so many Christians would say the same about you. Christians disagree on so much more than they agree on, and one of the few things they agree on is that "my" interpretation and understanding of the Bible is "the correct" version, and everybody else is wrong.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

1. Wrong. Abolitionism in the United States - Wikipedia

2. Apartheid - Wikipedia was white supremacy, but not based on Christian beliefs.

3. Bigotry is never acceptable. But plenty of people are guilty of that, religious and non-religious.

4. Same as 3.

5. Same as 3.

Looks to me like your just making stuff up.