• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When I look up at the sky at night, and see the stars...

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
...I marvel at how insignificant I am. And, it's a good thing.

What do you find fascinating about your life in comparison to the universe?
I often sit down and looking up to the sky and thinking that seen from earth i am a normal human being at 5,6 feet tall, and dont look to small, but as soon i look upward and see the universe i realize how tiny i am. I am invisible in the big picture.

MNoBody

I find it a fascinating perspective to look down at the universe, rather than up, just because.
I flip maps around as well, just because......its fascinating.

Hellbound Serpiente

When I look up at the sky at night, and see the stars... I smile because what I am seeing is past, and is already over. This brings a sense of contentment in my heart that all that is is temporary, passing, and soon, will be gone too. All the suffering, all the pain, all the sadness, all the brutality, and all that is evil will pass away too, sooner or later. And I hope that happens soon, everyday for me is like going through hell, and I hope and pray this hell ends soon

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
How insignificant not only us (life) is but the entire panet.

This Pale Blue Dot is a photograph of planet Earth taken on February 14, 1990, by the Voyager 1 space probe from a distance of about 6 billion kilometers. It had not even left our own solar system

original.jpg

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

It's fascinating being a part of it. It wouldn't be a comparison but more of gratitude that who I am is not just a reflection of the physical universe but actually one that makes it up. In non-physics terms, everything is made up of energy. So, when we are in touch with our energy (maybe consciousness? I don't know) because all is energy, then we are at better appreciation of reality and life and how to live it. That's what I'm fascinated about.

To compare the universe to me is, how can I say, like comparing the person in the mirror with myself.

Yerda

Veteran Member

That a loop of thread is trying to make sense of the boundless quilt.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
When I look up at the sky at night, and see the stars... I smile because what I am seeing is past, and is already over. This brings a sense of contentment in my heart that all that is is temporary, passing, and soon, will be gone too. All the suffering, all the pain, all the sadness, all the brutality, and all that is evil will pass away too, sooner or later. And I hope that happens soon, everyday for me is like going through hell, and I hope and pray this hell ends soon
You sadden me. Yes, there is pain and sadness, brutality and evil. But there is also great beauty, extraordinary love and goodness from very ordinary sources. There's so much about simply being that can be irresistabily delicious, if you let it be.

I like to look up at the night sky in the far north of Ontario, well away from all the light polution of the south. And then plug in my headphones and listen to Vangelis, or Beethoven, or the Penguin Cafe Orchestra, or Karl Jenkins. Then I can go anywhere I want!

MNoBody

You sadden me. Yes, there is pain and sadness, brutality and evil. But there is also great beauty, extraordinary love and goodness from very ordinary sources. There's so much about simply being that can be irresistabily delicious, if you let it be.

I like to look up at the night sky in the far north of Ontario, well away from all the light polution of the south. And then plug in my headphones and listen to Vangelis, or Beethoven, or the Penguin Cafe Orchestra, or Karl Jenkins. Then I can go anywhere I want!
imagination gives wings to the mind

QuestioningMind

Sadly you've programmed yourself to only see the negatives in life. All of the suffering, pain, brutality, and sadness that you see does exist, but it's far from everything that exists. There is also prosperity, pleasure, kindness, and joy. These are just as real, but unless you focus on them daily, instead of just focusing on the negative it's easy to convince ourselves that the negatives are all that exist.

Hellbound Serpiente

Sadly you've programmed yourself to only see the negatives in life. All of the suffering, pain, brutality, and sadness that you see does exist, but it's far from everything that exists. There is also prosperity, pleasure, kindness, and joy. These are just as real, but unless you focus on them daily, instead of just focusing on the negative it's easy to convince ourselves that the negatives are all that exist.

My apologies, brothers. I don't mean to spread negativity [as much as it sounds like from what I post]. But I just being honest about what's truly happening. I hope one day I and my family will find peace. There's only an amount of stress a human mind can handle, and it's really impossible to stay optimistic when you have seen your own friends and family butchered right in front of you in the most brutal way imaginable.

I hope and pray I get to settle in Canada, and become a Canadian citizen one day. Maybe I sit back and enjoy the snow along with the family of mine that have survived. Settling in Canada is one of the biggest goal of my life. What a place, what a beauty!

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

On top of what others have said, I find it fascinating that the same laws and principles at work way out there are at work right here in my own life.

QuestioningMind

My apologies, brothers. I don't mean to spread negativity [as much as it sounds like from what I post]. But I just being honest about what's truly happening. I hope one day I and my family will find peace. There's only an amount of stress a human mind can handle, and it's really impossible to stay optimistic when you have seen your own friends and family butchered right in front of you in the most brutal way imaginable.

I hope and pray I get to settle in Canada, and become a Canadian citizen one day. Maybe I sit back and enjoy the snow along with the family of mine that have survived. Settling in Canada is one of the biggest goal of my life. What a place, what a beauty!

Glad to hear that you have hope... that's essential, because whatever you're currently experiencing, it CAN get better. Hold onto the notion that nothing is forever... things DO change and they can definitely change for the better. I understand that it can be extremely hard to remain optimistic, but it's still possible, as long as you can train yourself to stop looking exclusively at the negative. The more you can train yourself to focus on the positives, no matter how small they may seem in comparison to everything else that's going on, the easier it will be to feed your hope. And the more hope you have, the easier it will be to focus on and appreciate the positives.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Should you come and settle in Canada, I for one will welcome you with open arms. I am a champion of Canada's multicultural world-view, and spend a lot of time every year celebrating all of the cultures that enrich our lives here. (And eating all the food I can find, too.)

I do not know where you are from, nor what you've gone through. If you feel like sending me a private message, that would be appreciated, but I don't wish to pry into something that you don't think is my business.

Deidre

It's fascinating being a part of it. It wouldn't be a comparison but more of gratitude that who I am is not just a reflection of the physical universe but actually one that makes it up. In non-physics terms, everything is made up of energy. So, when we are in touch with our energy (maybe consciousness? I don't know) because all is energy, then we are at better appreciation of reality and life and how to live it. That's what I'm fascinated about.

To compare the universe to me is, how can I say, like comparing the person in the mirror with myself.
I almost cried reading this, it really moved me.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't really feel anything.

It exists. I exist. I guess that's about it.