• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

Notanumber

A Free Man
The trouble with politicians is that they are far too keen on spending taxpayer’s money.

They will be giving away £39 billion of our hard-earned next.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
There's going to be winners and losers in this mess but I hope we can ride it out,what is important is that we are brave enough to say Fark off t the EU.

Altfish

Veteran Member
There's going to be winners and losers in this mess but I hope we can ride it out,what is important is that we are brave enough to say Fark off t the EU.
I don't remember that being said in June 2016? It was all roses if we left.

I can see it being a shambles and the way Brexiteers are more and more lining up to blame Remainers convinces me that the likes of Johnson, Rees Mogg, Farage know full well they've sold us a pup.

Last edited:

Notanumber

A Free Man
We have a Remain leaning Prime Minister that is trying to bride Labour MP’s to vote for her so-called deal with taxpayer’s money.

Gerard has right idea.

Notanumber

A Free Man
This will be the same Gerard who is so committed to democracy that he's written to the Queen asking her to suspend parliament and accused her of treason for signing the Maastricht treaty? Source

You gotta laugh...

Biased reporting but you wouldn’t expect anything else from the Guardian. Owen Jones works for them.

He is not well liked by the establishment elites because he is prepared to speak his mind regardless of Political Correctness.

He has principles and sticks to them. You would not find UKIP voting overwhelmingly in support of a policy and later trying desperately to overturn that policy.

Personal Declaration – Gerard Batten MEP

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Biased reporting but you wouldn’t expect anything else from the Guardian. Owen Jones works for them.

He is not well liked by the establishment elites because he is prepared to speak his mind regardless of Political Correctness.

He has principles and sticks to them. You would not find UKIP voting overwhelmingly in support of a policy and later trying desperately to overturn that policy.

Personal Declaration – Gerard Batten MEP

You gripe at biassed reporting... Oh the shock, the horror, the blatant hypocrisy.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Some of you are "brave*" enough, and ride it out? Not sure you have any idea of the storms heading britains way.

To paraphrase you 'Fark off t' those determined to destroy their country for the sake of xenophobia.

* I would use a different word/phrase, something like stupid or short sighted

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
It is an establishment witch-hunt.

Did you arrive at that conclusion having reviewed all the evidence available to those actually doing the investigating or did you just jump to that conclusion because it is one you don't like?

My gut says it's the latter...

When are they going to investigate the £9 million government propaganda sent to our letterboxes at the taxpayer’s expense?

Why would that need to be investigated? As unfair as you might find it, those leaflets were not illegal.

BTW, neither influenced my vote.

Regardless of whether or not they influenced your vote, what Leave.EU and Arron Banks' firm have done is illegal. Quite honestly they should have got more than a pitiful fine. Confiscation of assets and reversal of the result would have been more appropriate.

Oh, but of course, you will complain I am against democracy because I don't want cheaters to win.

Typical Brexiteer: 'The Remain campaign had a huge advantage and I will happily ignore any (including illegal) actions taken to level the playing field because I believe in democracy'

Also Typical Brexiteer: 'Any investigation into the Leave campaign is an establishment witch-hunt. I don't care what they did, how the result was achieved or what effect it will have, so long as I get my way because that is what democracy really is'.

That's not something the Leave campaign said prior to the Leave result; but then the same can be said of a hard Brexit.

Generally speaking the winners will be the affluent who will continue to be able to shift their undeserved wealth off-shore without having to worry about EU anti-tax-avoidance regulations; as well as moving their businesses to more profitable places inside the Single Market. The rest of us will lose as the resulting economic hit is passed onto us through increasing costs of living. There's also the possibility that the Tories will turn the UK into a tyranny to prevent Scotland deciding '**** this, we're out' as well as the possibility of the Troubles reigniting.

But yeah, all that will pale in comparison to how utterly brave you lot are for sticking the middle finger up to one of the only viable checks on the Westminster government.

Last edited:

Notanumber

A Free Man
This is a good video and not too long.

Jeff seems more optimistic about us leaving on time.

We need a clean break including our defence strategy.

A recent poll shows that 58% of the British people are against the losers vote.

Altfish

Veteran Member
We need a clean break including our defence strategy.

A recent poll shows that 58% of the British people are against the losers vote.
With Trump vetoing NATO our defence strategy will be "HELP!!"

A challenge NAN, please list below the five key improvements that I will see from March 30th...I'll start it off, so you only need 4 now.

1. Blue Passports

...and please, none of these meaningless, "We'll get our sovereignty back" type phrases

Notanumber

A Free Man
With Trump vetoing NATO our defence strategy will be "HELP!!"

A challenge NAN, please list below the five key improvements that I will see from March 30th...I'll start it off, so you only need 4 now.

1. Blue Passports

...and please, none of these meaningless, "We'll get our sovereignty back" type phrases

There are presently 27 reasons but granted this could reduce after the EU elections.

You will have freedom if we can get the EU monkey off our backs.

The EU is a runaway train and we need to get off before it crashes into the buffers.

If only we had a Leave inspired government that could have controlled these headless chickens in parliament.

The BBC seems to have swept the yellow vest protests under the carpet but it has not gone away.

Why would anyone want to embrace this?

Altfish

Veteran Member
There are presently 27 reasons but granted this could reduce after the EU elections.

You will have freedom if we can get the EU monkey off our backs.

The EU is a runaway train and we need to get off before it crashes into the buffers.

If only we had a Leave inspired government that could have controlled these headless chickens in parliament.

The BBC seems to have swept the yellow vest protests under the carpet but it has not gone away.

Why would anyone want to embrace this?
So you can't give me any specific benefits, just very generic statements.
I thought so.just as I expected.

So we are left with Blue Passports as the only benefit

Notanumber

A Free Man
So you can't give me any specific benefits, just very generic statements.
I thought so.just as I expected.

So we are left with Blue Passports as the only benefit

Can you find a politician that can attempt to answer your questions?

They are the ones that are being paid big money for their so-called expertise.

Take your pick with these two.

BTW, Nigel wins easily.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Did you arrive at that conclusion having reviewed all the evidence available to those actually doing the investigating or did you just jump to that conclusion because it is one you don't like?

My gut says it's the latter...

Why would that need to be investigated? As unfair as you might find it, those leaflets were not illegal.

Regardless of whether or not they influenced your vote, what Leave.EU and Arron Banks' firm have done is illegal. Quite honestly they should have got more than a pitiful fine. Confiscation of assets and reversal of the result would have been more appropriate.

Oh, but of course, you will complain I am against democracy because I don't want cheaters to win.

Typical Brexiteer: 'The Remain campaign had a huge advantage and I will happily ignore any (including illegal) actions taken to level the playing field because I believe in democracy'

Also Typical Brexiteer: 'Any investigation into the Leave campaign is an establishment witch-hunt. I don't care what they did, how the result was achieved or what effect it will have, so long as I get my way because that is what democracy really is'.

That's not something the Leave campaign said prior to the Leave result; but then the same can be said of a hard Brexit.

Generally speaking the winners will be the affluent who will continue to be able to shift their undeserved wealth off-shore without having to worry about EU anti-tax-avoidance regulations; as well as moving their businesses to more profitable places inside the Single Market. The rest of us will lose as the resulting economic hit is passed onto us through increasing costs of living. There's also the possibility that the Tories will turn the UK into a tyranny to prevent Scotland deciding '**** this, we're out' as well as the possibility of the Troubles reigniting.

But yeah, all that will pale in comparison to how utterly brave you lot are for sticking the middle finger up to one of the only viable checks on the Westminster government.

I think it's the voters that keep our governments gn check,not an outside bureau,cheers EU for lableing Gibraltar "a colony.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Can you find a politician that can attempt to answer your questions?

They are the ones that are being paid big money for their so-called expertise.

Take your pick with these two.

BTW, Nigel wins easily.
I don't want their slippery answers; I want yours.
You put the cross in the leave box; you thought it would be better for you and your country, you have defended your position,
Just tell me what benefits I can expect. Other than blue passports