• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Was Hitler's Religion?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Anyone that would push people in wheelchairs off of 3 story balconies..hang little naked children by the neck while the other children watched(knowing they are next) and pull them by the legs while they hung so it wouldnt take so long is a devil..

He even tried to breed humans with animals..

What religion is that?...

The religion of you need to go ahead and shoot your self in the head YEARS before you do it..

The name of the religion is coward...

Yellow bellied sniffling coward living in fear..With a brain that is defective..

Defective brain religion.

Blessings

Dallas

Somkid

Hitler was a borne a Roman Catholic than again so was I. I guess it is obvious he was not exactly a "practising Catholic". Adolph Hitler's religion was the Nazi party and the Nazi parties god was Adolph Hitler, I would think this kind of stuff is sort of obvious. Hitler said "We do not want any other God than Germany itself." I think the reason people believe that Hitler was a Christian is because he quoted the Bible on many occasions for the simple reason of appealing to the vast Christian majority.

Here is a good article:

The religion of Hitler: German dictator Adolf Hitler

And here is another form the Lansing State Journal newspaper (Lansing, Michigan) of February 23, 1933.

Hitler's Religion

kai

ragamuffin
the nazis were humans like us, humans do all that kind of thing , they kill maim, and destroy, they can be barbaric to the extreme always have ,Hitlers no different than genghis,or pol pot, his religion is as irelevent to us as it was to him,

Alceste

Vagabond
Are any of the Christians in here squirming in the face of Hitler's obvious Christianity the same ones who incessantly try to link atheism with Stalin?

Just curious.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
What was Hitler's religion? I'm very confused about this. I've heard so many different ideas about what his religion was. Can you help me with this?

What I saw on this forum so far; the only reason one would need this answer is to either project his thoughts and deeds to his religion, or to to defend the religion from it. Whatever his religion was, his deeds were his own..

hitler was a devout religios man,not roman catholic,but superstitious,he used the swastica an anceint symbol of luck,buhdist statues adorn it,on white and red,templers used the same symbol,he love vougner,spelled wrong but a composser who blended grail mytholgy with pegan symbols such as percival,he was ritualistic such as the flag touching ceromonies,all nazi flags where touched to the blood of the first one they used when they stormed the riechstag before he wrote miencomf,he was a magician using any and all,he controlled the spear of longiluss and colected holy relics known to bring power,he had no religion but used them all,the iron cross is the malteese cross,swastica is a crooked cross on templar colors white under red,all symbolic,he was into mysticism,numerology,astrology and most of all a distorted view of grail mytholgy romanticized,he was the green knight who beloved the swan!he had no religion but used em all to further his ambitions!he was alester crowly,merlin,the master of all and slave to none!meglomaniacs believe in power from god but can never truly be faithfull because power is there religion,numerolgy is cabal judiac mysticism,mix that with persian thought u get astrology,jesus was a jew,how could he respect and acept him as the son of god,he wasnt athiest id say norse blended with christian lore!read percival a story of templer,celtic,norse symbolism blended into a story defying cathlisism of the time,green night is the green man,the swan is love buetty the feminine,dyonisis,helen,mary,brigit,the pentigram,symbol of venus.hermes trismagistus's emrald tablets,why did the nazis invade africa?no suez canal,oil production nill,he invaded russia for oil,it was the rock of the dome solomans temple,the third riech,byzantines,romans than the nazis,his god was himself because if he admitted to a faith he would be following judaism!the swastica says it all a 3 thousand yr old symbol representing the four winds and the wheel of time on essene white and red,there highest medal the iron cross is a templar or malteese cross,the eagle is roman!

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
His religion was hatred.

I always find opinions like this concerning. Throughout last year we studied the Nazis in social studies and 9/10 people shared your view. However, if you take it into context, Hitler was one of a very large number of people who hated Jews for their apparent strangehold on a failing German economy. The only difference being Hitler was one of a few celebrities who voiced his opinion without check.
I'm not trying to defend Hitler for he was a coward and has the blood of millions on his hands, but i always think hatred is spread through the media in such television programmes as Hitler: The Rise of Evil which blows him way out of proportion.

Alpha&Omega: Hitler also used many symbols of Norse mythology, the SS shoulder pads are runes found in Sweden a few hundred years ago.

Dreamwolf

Blissful Insomniac
Here we go again. The article provides no evidence whatsoever that Hitler was a pagan. It doesn't say that he believed in or worshiped pagan gods, participated in pagan rituals, or anything of the sort. "Pagan" is not a synonym for "lapsed Catholic," "unbeliever," or "anti-Christian."

Actually in a sense that is exactly what paganism is. I turned to Dictionary.com for confirmation and this is the result:

pa·gan
thinsp.png

–noun
1.one of a people or community observing a polytheistic religion, as the ancient Romans and Greeks. 2.a person who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim. 3.an irreligious or hedonistic person. –adjective 4.pertaining to the worship or worshipers of any religion that is neither Christian, Jewish, nor Muslim. 5.of, pertaining to, or characteristic of pagans. 6.irreligious or hedonistic.

oldcajun

__BE REAL
What was Hitler's religion? I'm very confused about this. I've heard so many different ideas about what his religion was. Can you help me with this?

I believe he associated with christians but I can assure you he was a godless individual whatever he claimed to be.

Dreamwolf

Blissful Insomniac
I think he used the different religions of his followers as just another tool of manipulation. He used anything he possibly could as propaganda to further his message of hate, why would religion not have occured to him? I also believe that Hitler wasn't religious, but I do believe he had faith, in himself only.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I believe he associated with christians but I can assure you he was a godless individual whatever he claimed to be.

Do you say this because of his "evilness"? Whats wrong with religious people being evil, does it reflect poorly on your religions moral self image?

MasonicLodge

An interesting side note is that at the time of the rise of Fascism , the Church supportted it . They both viewed Communisn and Democracy as emenies . The Church viewed them as anti-christian because communism had a policy agaisnt all forms of religion and democary eroded christian values by allowing too much freedom . { or so they thought **.

So , considering the times , couldn't Hitler have been a Christian ? Pergaps not by today's views { or our person views ** , but by the views of the time ?

This is completely unsubstantiated garbage since Catholicism doesn't care about political structures, they were just as happy with the world being ruled by Kings as they are about it being ruled by Bureaucrats...all it cared about is "stability".

It may have supported Facism along those lines but I doubt even that...Rome resisted Italo-Facsism until Muslini captured Rome for himself.

Any other Churches don't matter in this concept...they are mostly national churches like Anglicanism or Presbyterianism etc.

Scott1

What I saw on this forum so far; the only reason one would need this answer is to either project his thoughts and deeds to his religion, or to to defend the religion from it. Whatever his religion was, his deeds were his own..
Well said!

:clap

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I believe that Hitler may well have attended a church service, perhaps several but I think it would have been for appearance sake...Anyone can wear a religious symbol but that doen's make you a "religious' person.... I can hang a cross on my dog, but that doesn't make him a priest. Would it make the crimes of Hitler anymore acceptable if he did them in the name of religion? I think not....If he were a believer in God, why kill the Jews? they were God's chosen people....:confused: