• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Was Hitler's Religion?

Alceste

Vagabond
I believe that Hitler may well have attended a church service, perhaps several but I think it would have been for appearance sake...Anyone can wear a religious symbol but that doen's make you a "religious' person.... I can hang a cross on my dog, but that doesn't make him a priest. Would it make the crimes of Hitler anymore acceptable if he did them in the name of religion? I think not....If he were a believer in God, why kill the Jews? they were God's chosen people....:confused:

He was an altar boy. He mandated prayer in schools and talked extensively about his devout catholicism. He obliterated the distinction between church and state, claiming he was a leader given by God to the German people to save them (this was an aspect of the mandatory school prayers). Ever heard of the divine right of kings? He was that kind of religious nutcase. The Nazis also enforced a law that abortionists and homosexuals be killed. Yes, also that kind of religious nutcases.