• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion should I join?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
It's like being in a grocery store full of your favorite snacks, each cost a dollar, you only have one dollar on you, and they will close down after you buy it.

That is what religion feels like to me.

But right now it is late and my beliefs probably will not be accurate or true, and my beliefs always change. What I know for sure are my beliefs are:

Good is the lack of evil.

I'm leaning into reincarnation, but I think unconsciousness is another possibility.

I don't know what I believe on a God, I'm not agnostic, I just don't know if I want to have faith or just go with what is real so far.

If a god exists at all, it will not be human-formed and it will not have a gender. We will call it a "non-human animal".

I totally accept all science. Questioning the big bang theory.

The Sum of Awe

Also I think dreams are a like a key to life. They may have a spiritual influence on me somewhat.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Hmm. You can taste them all and see which one you like the most.

You don't actually need to have a specific religion. Many don't.
You could just keep your mind open to ideas and try to ponder about them.

tree

Seed Spreader
You don't have to subscribe to a particular religion if you don't want to. But, if you really feel the need to then just do some research and read some books on religions that interest you and you'll be able to figure out which ones fit you the most. If none of them do, then don't worry thats the category that most people fall into.

bain-druie

Tree-Hugger!
I'm assuming since you posted this that you would like to define your beliefs in greater detail than you have so far; I've been there, still am there in many respects. It's a good place to be.

You may get somewhere by examining what you already believe on a deeper level. :cool:

For instance, you list your first belief as "Good is the lack of evil". Do you really want to leave it at that? You are defining 'good' as a negative quantity. If that's how you see it ultimately, fine - nothing wrong with that. But if you're dissatisfied, why not examine it more closely? One way to go about that is to discover more about evil; elimination of things that could potentially be 'good' (lacking evil) can narrow the field and clear your vision.

Just my two cents. Good luck. :)

Draka

Wonder Woman
I know this is a bit late, but just found this. How about trying this: Belief-O-Matic- Beliefnet.com

It's a 20 question quiz which matches up what you believe to different religions/philosophies and tells you how close you match up with what and can provide you some information on each of your results.

chinu

chinu
It's like being in a grocery store full of your favorite snacks, each cost a dollar, you only have one dollar on you, and they will close down after you buy it.

But right now it is late and my beliefs probably will not be accurate or true, and my beliefs always change. What I know for sure are my beliefs are:

I'm leaning into reincarnation, but I think unconsciousness is another possibility.

I don't know what I believe on a God, I'm not agnostic, I just don't know if I want to have faith or just go with what is real so far.

If a god exists at all, it will not be human-formed and it will not have a gender. We will call it a "non-human animal".

Sometime after buying anything from the store we feel that, thing which we have purchased is not truely that we wanted.

So, how can we choose religion ?
Means, the real fault is within us, that's why, what we are choosing, is false.:)

When we are stepping farward to choose any religion, we must have a first lesson in mind, that religion is the path on which we need to search our faults, not the faults of others.

Otherwise what is the need of religion ?

_/\_
Chinu

Jacksnyte

Reverend
I know this is a bit late, but just found this. How about trying this: Belief-O-Matic- Beliefnet.com

It's a 20 question quiz which matches up what you believe to different religions/philosophies and tells you how close you match up with what and can provide you some information on each of your results.

I got:
1. Unitarian Universalism (100%) 2. Neo-Pagan (97%) 3. New Age (94%) 4. Mahayana Buddhism (93%) 5. Hinduism (81%) 6. Liberal Quakers (81%) 7. Theravada Buddhism (74%) 8. Sikhism (70%) 9. Jainism (69%) 10. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (63%) 11. Reform Judaism (60%) 12. New Thought (60%) 13. Taoism (59%) 14. Baha'i Faith (58%) 15. Scientology (53%) 16. Secular Humanism (50%) 17. Orthodox Judaism (43%) 18. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (41%) 19. Nontheist (38%) 20. Islam (32%) 21. Orthodox Quaker (29%) 22. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (19%) 23. Seventh Day Adventist (16%) 24. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (10%) 25. Eastern Orthodox (9%) 26. Roman Catholic (9%) 27. Jehovah's Witness (0%)

The Sum of Awe

I'm thinking of sticking with Jedi, but I feel that I need faith in a religion.

I looked at Jainism and it seemed perfect, but then all the practices, and it was just too complicated, just like most religions.

Commoner

Headache

Fun...

1. Secular Humanism (100%) 2. Unitarian Universalism (94%) 3. Liberal Quakers (78%) 4. Nontheist (76%) 5. Theravada Buddhism (73%) 6. Neo-Pagan (70%) 7. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (67%) 8. Reform Judaism (56%) 9. Taoism (56%) 10. New Age (56%) 11. Baha'i Faith (46%) 12. Mahayana Buddhism (45%) 13. Scientology (45%) 14. New Thought (43%) 15. Orthodox Quaker (40%) 16. Sikhism (39%) 17. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (38%) 18. Jainism (33%) 19. Islam (28%) 20. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (28%) 21. Orthodox Judaism (28%) 22. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (26%) 23. Eastern Orthodox (19%) 24. Roman Catholic (19%) 25. Hinduism (16%) 26. Seventh Day Adventist (15%) 27. Jehovah's Witness (5%)

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
All joking aside I don't think people can tell you to join a particular faith. Explore the various religions and see which one makes you comfortable. Remember, all religions are designed from the perspective of someone roses culture so be aware that the customs and practices maybe foreign to you.

Unitarian Universalism!

The only critical thinking religion that still finds beauty in all the world's texts... without clinging to dogmatic beliefs. :D

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Unitarian Universalism!

The only critical thinking religion that still finds beauty in all the world's texts... without clinging to dogmatic beliefs. :D

The problem with that is you need the dogma and the conflict to get the entire view of the religion simply picking and choosing parts of a religion only gives.you a partial perspective.

Intrigued

I think sticking to Agnostic good enough :)