• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion should I join?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Isn't a religion just a set or system of beliefs? Systems of belief exist.

Religions are organizations that describe what they think is reality into words, but I prefer to view reality as indescribable by words, and instead I find it describable by experience. Instead of looking up at the sky and describe it after saying "this is truth:", point up to the sky and say "that is truth".

Sapiens

Polymathematician
All that snack food is bad for you, puts inches on your waist, raises your blood pressure, rots your teeth. Save your buck and pass the junk food on by.

CEMB

Religions are organizations that describe what they think is reality into words, but I prefer to view reality as indescribable by words, and instead I find it describable by experience. Instead of looking up at the sky and describe it after saying "this is truth:", point up to the sky and say "that is truth".

True, words are clunky and have their limitations, but they enable us to share what we learn and understand with each other so that we, humanity, can grow stronger together.
Words may not be able to describe 'the state of enlightenment' or 'the taste of an orange' but they can tell us the actions necessary to achieve enlightenment or to taste an orange. Once we have tasted an orange we understand how it tastes and can then say to others who have tasted an orange 'like you I know its taste' and share the experience, and confirm their experience.
Until the day when we have evolved and can read each others minds, and therefore do not need to share words (or paint pictures) to show each other what we have learnt and experienced, I shall continue to use words to communicate. It is better than grunting.
We must use the tools we have been given.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
If you like alcohol and not ready to perform prayers on regular bases, then Islam is not the religion for you :)

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
That must mean I'm the opposition of Islam :D

Not necessarily. Not being a Muslim or disagreeing with Muslim laws does not necessarily mean you are the opposition of Islam :)

From this angle, don't worry about Islam as a belief.

If I get it right, opposition means enemy?