• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes Islam a religion of peace

markymark

Most Muslims I have met appear peaceful. I guess that would make Islam a religion of peace, if the followers believe in peace and peaceful solutions and such. At least their interpretation.

but it birthed in violence and its founder spread islam by the sword

Trey of Diamonds

And was not Christianity spread by the sword? How do you justify the Crusades or the Inquisition?

John 8:7
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Islam is often referd to by Muslims as the religion of peace , i just wanted to know why that is , surely for something to get that label it must have done something very peaceful , so what was that ?

The founder of islam -Muhammed spread islam by the sword , before that islam did not spread but after Muhammed took to the sword and got an army behind him , he became a political warlord.i mean i can understand Christianity receiving that label as its founder -Jesus was crucified for no fault and lived a life of peace and love that many chrisitans follow.

It seems as alot of muslism around the world today or simpy following Muhammed as there seems to be alot of violence linked with islam and i dont think thasts just the media.##So waht has Islam done regarding peace to get the lable as the religion of peace , its a very simple question - i hope i will get an intelligent response.

Many thanks for your time

i was going to answer your questions, however i have seen that you are not honest with your questions, even if i was to give absolute truthful answers it would not do any good since you are seeking answers which conform to what you wish to accept about islam, ie. a blood thirsty religion/way of life.

i don't wish to waste my time answering dishonest questions.

Trey of Diamonds

i was going to answer your questions, however i have seen that you are not honest with your questions, even if i was to give absolute truthful answers it would not do any good since you are seeking answers which conform to what you wish to accept about islam, ie. a blood thirsty religion/way of life.

True Dat.

But it's fun to poke the bear.

Kerr

Irrelevant. It doesnt matter how it began, if someone who believes in it believes in peace and peaceful solutions then it is a religion of peace for them.

There is a lot of violence associated with most religions, especially in places with low education and abundant poverty. Religion doesn't inherently cause violence, ignorance and desperation do. A religion only encourages violence if it encourages ignorance and blind obedience to authority. I don't think its fair to single out Islam. The only reason it seems violent is because there are so many followers. There are a lot of followers of Christianity who're violent as well. Heck, a thousand years ago European Christians were the violent barbarians and the Muslim world was a beacon of education and civility. What I'm saying is that Islam isn't inherently violent more than any other faith.
god bless you for these words

Markymark you are just debating to keep your opinion or convince others with it,
the word sword in arabic has arround 6 synonims (saif ,husam,rumh,,,etc,,,) however none of them appeared even once in Quran ????
In the other hand, in the bible the word sword was repeated 200 times????
This is just a note , i dont want to lose more time in this thread sinse many non muslim reply to you perfecly and you dont accept , you can keep your conviction it doesnt bother islam !!

markymark

i know the truth hurts hey ...good come back

markymark

Markymark you are just debating to keep your opinion or convince others with it,
the word sword in arabic has arround 6 synonims (saif ,husam,rumh,,,etc,,,) however none of them appeared even once in Quran ????
In the other hand, in the bible the word sword was repeated 200 times????
This is just a note , i dont want to lose more time in this thread sinse many non muslim reply to you perfecly and you dont accept , you can keep your conviction it doesnt bother islam !!

really so are saying muhammed was not invloved in battle - cause histroy says he was a warlord that fought for 8 years ohhh and the sword is on the saudi arbia flag , he bible often refers gods word as the 2 edge sword , pls provide any versus were jesus used a sword

Muhammad gained few followers early on,[13] and was met with hostility from some Meccan tribes; he and his followers were treated harshly. To escape persecution, Muhammad sent some of his followers to Abyssinia[14] before he and his remaining followers in Mecca migrated to Medina (then known as Yathrib) in the year 622.[15] This event, the Hijra, marks the beginning of the Islamic calendar, which is also known as the Hijri Calendar. In Medina, Muhammad united the conflicting tribes,[15] and after eight years of fighting with the Meccan tribes, his followers, who by then had grown to 10,000, conquered Mecca. In 632, a few

after 8 years of fighting

do you deny Muhammed was a involved in battle for 8 years ?

cause historical fact would suggest otherwise -

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
AHHHH THE RELIGION OF PEACE - WERE THE GOVERNMENT KILL ITS OWN PEOPLE

The Arab Spring (Arabic: الربيع العربي‎ ar-Rabīʻ al-ʻArabiyy), otherwise known as the Arab Awakening,[1] is a revolutionary wave of demonstrations and protests occurring in the Arab world that began on Saturday, 18 December 2010. To date, there have been revolutions in Tunisia[2] and Egypt;[3] a civil war in Libya resulting in the fall of the country's government;[4] civil uprisings in Bahrain,[5] Syria,[6] and Yemen, the latter resulting in the resignation of the country's longtime president;[7] major protests in Algeria,[8] Iraq,[9] Jordan,[10] Kuwait,[11] Morocco,[12] and Oman;[13] and minor protests in Lebanon,[14] Mauritania, Saudi Arabia,[15] Sudan,[16] and Western Sahara.[17] Clashes at the borders of Israel in May 2011 and the Palestine 194 movement were also inspired by the regional Arab Spring.[18]

SO THATS WHAT YOU MEANT BY PEACE

ISLAM - 0

Ah, so we aren't actually talking about Mohammad. See, I thought, when you said you wanted to talk about Mohammad and the beginnings of Islam, that that meant that you wanted to talk about Mohammad and the beginnings of Islam, Silly me.

hello there - like i said the crusades happen - people have often used christanity for the wrong reasons ....

Ah, OK I see what you're saying: if someone uses Christianity to justify atrocities, it's the perpetrator's fault. But if someone uses Islam in the same way, it's Islam's fault.

[FONT=&quot]George, C. J., Kennard, J., Werdegar, J., Chin, J., Moreno, J., and Corrigan, J., [/FONT]but the founder of islam was a plotical warlord involved in battel with his home town for 8 years

Already been addressed. :)

THATS MY POINT - those people involved in the crusdes were not folloeing the bible .....

They would have disagreed with you about that.

but old mo he killed many in battle and by histrical fact was a warlord - fact - cant change that

Why not? You've spent this whole thread showing everybody just how easy it is to change facts.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Why not? You've spent this whole thread showing everybody just how easy it is to change facts.
To me, this is one of the tragedies of the Information age and the explosion of the Internet.

Psychology Today - March 18 said:
"It's the paradox of the internet age: never before has so much information been available so effortlessly, so quickly -- and never before has so much of it been completely erroneous. How do we decide what is true? Who do we trust to verify the information that we consume?"
<Source>

My advice to the writer of the OP is to spend a year or two reading through the mountains of work written by the Cleveland E. Dodge Professor Emeritus of Near Eastern Studies at Princeton University, Prof. Bernard Lewis.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
To me, this is one of the tragedies of the Information age and the explosion of the Internet.

<Source>

Ah, it really isn't all that hard if you take the most practical route: a lot of the time when someone in here asks me "Hey! Why are you crawling up my ***?" I just tell them, "Sorry, I was just tracing your argument to it's source and that's where I wound up".

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Ah, it really isn't all that hard if you take the most practical route: a lot of the time when someone in here asks me "Hey! Why are you crawling up my ***?" I just tell them, "Sorry, I was just tracing your argument to it's source and that's where I wound up".
I know, I'm terrible for that too. I was about to report something to the Admin's last week, upon doing some research on a poster, clicked the report button only to find the thread had been nuked. I just smiled. :)

gnostic

The Lost One
YmirGF said:
I know, I'm terrible for that too. I was about to report something to the Admin's last week, upon doing some research on a poster, clicked the report button only to find the thread had been nuked. I just smiled. :)

A thread has been nuked?! :eek:

Oh my goodness. How does someone smuggle and plant an atomic bomb into a forum? :eek:

We must inform someone to evacuate RF. We must go and hide in the cyber-bunker? WE MUST FIND DR ANGELO! :eek:

Where is Dr Angelo? :eek:

Oh, I feel light-headed...I think I'm goinnn.... :thud:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

Oh my goodness. How does someone smuggle and plant an atomic bomb into a forum? :eek:

We must inform someone to evacuate RF. We must go and hide in the cyber-bunker? WE MUST FIND DR ANGELO! :eek:

Where is Dr Angelo? :eek:

Oh, I feel light-headed...I think I'm goinnn.... :thud:

My bad. I was only half awake and I mistook the RF control panel for the Pepsi machine.

Hey, one red button looks pretty much like any other red button....

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member

Yes, the RF staff has nuclear capabilities. Actually, there are several buttons on the control panel I have no clue what they do.

I have been tempted to push them, but so far have restrained myself.

How does that help you sleep at night? :help:

gnostic

The Lost One
reverend rick said:
Yes, the RF staff has nuclear capabilities. Actually, there are several buttons on the control panel I have no clue what they do.

I have been tempted to push them, but so far have restrained myself.

How does that help you sleep at night? :help:

I don't think I can...

But i may just faint a little...sorta like this.... :thud:

Does that count?

Last edited:

markymark

Ok, what does any of that matter when Christianity has an as bad if not worse tract record? You can't list all these things as evidence of Islam's being evil without addressing how they don't make Christianity evil. The history of all of the Abrahamic faiths are full of examples of hate, war and violence, no one claims they aren't. So why do you think Islam is any worse than the rest? Why are you avoiding that question?

sorry epic fail

cant you read - as i have said before over and over - thte bile instructs us to live by the NT , there is no NT in the quran , so pls provide anything from the NT regarding the treatment of woman and unbelievers