• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes Islam a religion of peace

nameless

The Creator
I am a bit confused here. Why would "permitted" apply here. If they are non-muslims why would any Islamic law apply to them? Do you mean rebellion as citizens of a Muslim state?

You can read up on when Muslims are permitted war here.

to make sure there is no double standard ..
of course, non-muslims dont need any approval from islam or muslims to do something they think to be fair.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
do non-muslims has the same rights? ie according to islam, are non-muslims permitted to invade an islamic state if there is denial of rights of people including muslim or non-muslim? the rights includes proselytisation for other religions, leaving islam, also disrespecting muhammad, allah, quran(like quran burning) etc etc ....

nb: i am not a supporter of these sort of acts, but firmly believes that it dont deserve any punishments.

non-muslims have done that and are doing it regardless if they have a right or not, so why should muslims (islamic state) sit on the side lines if muslims are being mistreated and have their rights violated by non-muslims?

nameless

The Creator
non-muslims have done that and are doing it regardless if they have a right or not, so why should muslims (islamic state) sit on the side lines if muslims are being mistreated and have their rights violated by non-muslims?

i dont think your reply have met the spirit of my question. Quoted below my question, you know why i have asked the question.

do non-muslims has the same rights? ie according to islam, are non-muslims permitted to invade an islamic state if there is denial of rights of people including muslim or non-muslim? the rights includes proselytisation for other religions, leaving islam, also disrespecting muhammad, allah, quran(like quran burning) etc etc ....

nb: i am not a supporter of these sort of acts, but firmly believes that it dont deserve any punishments.

Yes or No?

fishy

Why is there a dichotomy of muslim and non-muslim? And why is it so important especially to muslims?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Why is there a dichotomy of muslim and non-muslim? And why is it so important especially to muslims?

because there are muslims and non-muslims, just like there are creationsts and evolutionists, just like there is white and black, positive and negative.

nameless

The Creator
because there are muslims and non-muslims, just like there are creationsts and evolutionists, just like there is white and black, positive and negative.
good comparison, surely there will be a lot of peace if people has mentalities like these.

Last edited:

cablescavenger

i mean i can understand Christianity receiving that label as its founder -Jesus was crucified for no fault and lived a life of peace and love that many chrisitans follow.

What about the crusades, the religious wars, the witch hunts, the inquisition. Were they just a blip, or a rumour put out by the devil to make people believe it happened and pull them away from God?

markymark

Because he wasn't Jesus. I understand that you want to hold up this statement as some kind of proof that Mohammed was evil but I fail to see why. I guess if you want to go all Gandhi and declare all war to be inherently evil that's your business but don't expect the rest of us to buy it.

I'm tired of all the BS, time to look for a more sensible thread.

bye now..run away

markymark

how many times do i have to say this.

I'm going to put it in really big letters so you can actually see it this time, even though i've posted it what, 4 times already.

Muhammad NEVER instigated war against the Meccans. The Meccans persecuted him and his people, and he was forced under fear of OBLITERATION and DEATH to defend Medina, the city he migrated to. He did NOT attack ANYONE, and those 8 years were not a continuous time of war. He did not have the luxury of being the 'SON OF GOD', and thus didn't give himself up to be murdered as Jesus did. Get these facts through your head.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

someone please back me up? :help::sad4:

wow ....deep breath and maybe some water ...i know it helps me when i loose my cool, also deep breathing aswell .....are you confused as muslims say jesus eas a prophet and you say he is the son of God ...so which is it ...also HISTORY would disagree with you here is why

Muhammad gained few followers early on,[13] and was met with hostility from some Meccan tribes; he and his followers were treated harshly. To escape persecution, Muhammad sent some of his followers to Abyssinia[14] before he and his remaining followers in Mecca migrated to Medina (then known as Yathrib) in the year 622.[15] This event, the Hijra, marks the beginning of the Islamic calendar, which is also known as the Hijri Calendar. In Medina, Muhammad united the conflicting tribes,[15] and after eight years of fighting with the Meccan tribes, his followers, who by then had grown to 10,000, conquered Mecca. In 632, a few

wow history gota love it ...so first he had no believers then he attacked his former home town for 8 years of war and then he had 10 000 followers ..mmmmm...poltical warlard..... absolutely

markymark

Good post, thanks for your sincerity and honesty. throughout history the Islamic state never started a war simply to get rid of the other people. all the wars that is took part in were either for the defense of the islamic state and it's people or in defense of the rights of people, muslim or non-muslim, being oppressed. having said that, no muslim denies that the past generations have fought wars.

Markymark and Bigbadgirl wish to be willfully ignorant, just as i said earlier that if anyone posts anything truthful about the matter then it will only be accepted so long as it conforms to their perspective of islam, ie. a blood thirsty religion/faith.

unfortunately i don't have time to waste explaining all the battles and why they happened to people who have demonstrated that they won't accept that.

so why is it almost every Islamic state is at a war....wait let me guess the west ...hahahha yeah old news

markymark

What about the crusades, the religious wars, the witch hunts, the inquisition. Were they just a blip, or a rumour put out by the devil to make people believe it happened and pull them away from God?

again - the founder of islam was a warlord , the crusades happend , many people used them as a reason to go to war ...the differences is the founder of Christianity was a mn of peace Muhammed as a warlord

godlikemadman

God Among Men
MARK. WIKIPEDIA. IS. NOT. A. SOURCE.
You are continuously copypastaing from Wikipedia to support your evidence. This is unacceptable. I could go to Jesus' page and change it to say he was a fluffy yellow unicorn brony. This does not make it true. Wikipedia. is. not accurate.

I really like this whole big text thing.

cablescavenger

again - the founder of islam was a warlord , the crusades happend , many people used them as a reason to go to war ...the differences is the founder of Christianity was a mn of peace Muhammed as a warlord

You were judging, not asking a question.

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-2]You asked why Islam was supposed to be peaceful, gave your reasons why it wasn't and then rounded it off with a sickly statement saying you could see why people would think Christianity was peaceful.

In all of that you failed to denigrate Christianity with the same brush you denigrated Islam.

I was merely reminding you of your omissions.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-2]Matt. 7:1 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-2] "judge not lest ye be judged"[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-2]

[/SIZE][/FONT]