• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your top-notch argument for the existence of God?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Koldo it may not entail anything in particular about the Divine power to you. But our histories and cultures are what they are. A majority of the world has no problem with that reality.

I meant logically. The fact that a lot of people believe that God exists, in itself, doesn't entail that it exists. To say otherwise is to commit a fallacy known as argumentum ad populum.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Yes....

Dark Energy, Dark Matter | Science Mission Directorate

What Is Dark Energy?
More is unknown than is known. We know how much dark energy there is because we know how it affects the universe's expansion. Other than that, it is a complete mystery.

What is dark matter?
We are much more certain what dark matter is not than we are what it is.

science by way of equation decided there is more to the universe
more than we can detect

No. We do detect it. Hence the need for labeling the phenomenon with a name to be able refer to that which we can detect.

the numbers point that way
but the numbers produce a puzzle with no resolve

With no resolve so far.
Sure, perhaps we'll never know.

the dark stuff cannot be stuffed into an experiment

Which is consistent with what I said: that we don't know what it is.

:rolleyes:

no predictable results
no detection devices
just numbers pointing into the dark

Instead: very detectable, very measureable effects that remain unaccounted for.
Dark matter / energy are the labels used to refer to those unaccounted for, yet very real and measureable, effects.

The terms "matter" and "energy" were used simply because those are the closest matches to what we detect.

The actual answer may actually turn out to be something very different then what is currently understood by "matter" and "energy".

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
so God the Almighty isn't capable of setting chemistry in motion and then settle back to see what happens....????

Sure. There's no evidence at all pointing in that direciton, but sure.

However, that won't change the point I made. That point being that complexity in life forms is explained through evolutionary biology - no gods required.

Wheter first life was the work of a natural chemical process, an alien engineering it on this planet, or poofing it into existance through god magic... the complexity of current life is the result of natural evolution - no intervention by third party agents of any kind required.

lostwanderingsoul

Extra-dimensional unicorns, big foot, alien abduction, leprechauns,... also can't be proven to not exist.
I guess that makes it also "the best argument" for such unicorns, bigfoot, aliens, leprechauns,...

If that is the "best" argument you have, then you don't have much, obviously.
People try to prove bigfoot and aliens DO exist. People try to prove God does NOT exist. Big difference.

WalterTrull

Godfella
what would be your number one argument for the existence of God?
Seems like I've posted this before.
The simple (but irrefutable to me) answer is "You and Me"
When I first joined up, I proposed perhaps the more refutable:
Everyone dies, and we can communicate.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Varying theologies and religions have diverse concepts of a God. As a theist, what would be your number one argument for the existence of God? Of course the response to this would naturally beg for a definition of what you think God is. Is he a transcended God, is he a man, is he a pantheistic God, or is he a panentheistic God? What ever your concept is, without looking at divinities like sometimes people make their own children their deity, what is your top notch argument for the existence of God?

The Bible contains fulfilled, verifiable prophecy, has power to change you as a person, and contains the exceeding love of Jesus Christ.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Varying theologies and religions have diverse concepts of a God. As a theist, what would be your number one argument for the existence of God? Of course the response to this would naturally beg for a definition of what you think God is. Is he a transcended God, is he a man, is he a pantheistic God, or is he a panentheistic God? What ever your concept is, without looking at divinities like sometimes people make their own children their deity, what is your top notch argument for the existence of God?

The only sound argument to me is that there are Messengers that tell us there is One God.

I see the best proof of God through the Messenger is that I long to transcend more than self. My inner self calls out to be better, to be more than the animal I appear to be.

It also proves to me that there is a God as I see the result of when people choose not to be more than the animal, which includes myself.

Regards Tony

tigrers2019

He argues that mathamatics is the language of the universe. [tigrers2019]

Mathematics is a "language" that WE humans designed specifically to describe phenomenon in the universe.
And when phenomenon are encountered that can't be described by this language, we simply invent new math to do it.

Like when Newton invented calculus.
Math isn't discovered under a rock. [Tag. Monster]

What lengths a person will go to in order to avoid possible metaphysical obligation!
These mathamatical concepts were in place long before we evolved to the point to grasp them.
As for 'inventing' new math to solve a problem that the current math is unable to; even Albert Einstein was force to pursue a mathematician who worked in the study of calculus in order to solve a problem in his Theory of Relativity.
If we followed the reasoning of your posts, we couldn't even build a simple kite.

firedragon

Veteran Member
The Bible contains fulfilled, verifiable prophecy, has power to change you as a person, and contains the exceeding love of Jesus Christ.

Almost everyone says the same thing about their respective scripture and their deity my friend. Faith statements are not any kind of evidence or proof of God.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
People try to prove bigfoot and aliens DO exist. People try to prove God does NOT exist. Big difference.

First of all, people who try to prove an undetectable entity does not exist, are wasting their time and engaging in an exercise in futility.

Secondly, that doesn't change the point you are replying to.

Neither of those things can be shown to be false.
So if that makes it the "best argument for gods", then that also makes it an equally "good" argument for the other things.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Except that most Jews do not accept Jesus as the fulfilment of any prophecy.

So, we have a lot of theists, sharing the same prophecy, and not agreeing with you. What should a skeptic think of your "fulfilled" prophecy, then?

Ciao

- viole

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The Image of man was formed by God.

Yet God in relativity is stone philosophy and science is artificial human machine builder/owner and controller of changing God the stone fusion.

So when he changed God the stone he was given an image. Which meant that his machine cause, to change God removed his life ownership of what allowed him to own cellular formation and health.

Oxygen….why the Holy Ox 1000 was a symbol of Jesus/Christ
Oxygen regeneration, needed for cellular life/DNA being healthy.
Water, Holy water over our head or above our head x mass to keep our chemical brain protected, our consciousness.

So we said the Christ consciousness.

We said life was irradiated and sacrificed, due to the image of Man formed by a stone mass conversion....fission.

Now one status natural and historic is that cloud formation already existed.

Clouds were heavenly bound in the blue light sky, for blue light sky to exist, for it is a cooling function.

If you asked how did an image get put into the cloud body, is what you were really discussing. I live on the ground, how come my man image was put into the cloud mass?

It was taken from me is the actual teaching theme in an occult condition.

Revelation 1:7 7"Look, he is coming with the clouds," and "every eye will see him, even those who pierced him"; and all peoples on earth "will mourn because of him." So shall it be! Amen.

If you lived as a man, and said a man pierced him, and radiation pierced the human flesh and cell due to man/Satanism occult science converting, then how is that statement wrong?

If however you did not know how to read what was written, how you read and interpreted the meaning would be proven wrong.

Matthew 25:12
But he answered, ‘Truly, I say to you, I do not know you

jesus image in the clouds - Bing images

You read genetic information and it said that the lion got attacked also.
lion in clouds image - Bing images

UFO like our human built designed satellites come to Earth, suck up Earth gases and become transmitting image owner between Earth and out of space.

The life of a lion and form lion lives on the ground inside of the Earth atmosphere.

Did you ever wonder how Earth images got transmitted into out of space?

maxresdefault.jpg

Animal images in reactive space body proves that when a nuclear reaction occurred on Earth, it communicated Earth images into out of space. Therefore it became a record that says science on Earth before attacked the life of animals.

If it were not real, then animals in large group deaths or phenomena UFO inferred life/body attacks would not be witnessed in nuclear science causes today either.

We did not created by God in a ground fission, we were Genetic attacked by God and life sacrificed, due to the Father, an adult male being the inventor of nuclear science.

If the Bible is written by humans and it says a quote, Ground fission, then God was only ever described as the physical presence of stone, the planet.

God, the argument, planet Earth, stone.

Not God, the removal of the planet.

Change oxygen regeneration and you cannot breathe. Have the sacrifice stopped and your life saved, then you could breathe.

End of a fission reaction, human could breathe again.

https://www.icr.org/article/ancient-oxygen-rich-rocks-confound
8/04/2009 · No rocks have yet been discovered—not even deep down—that have an oxygen-free composition. The earth’s crust apparently was always under an oxygenated atmosphere, which can only be maintained by living things. Perhaps life was specially placed on earth at its very

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Without God's vision, who we are would be an illusion since we require his judgment to have an accurate reality.
We aren't an illusion.
Therefore God exists.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't require "god's judgment" anymore then I require Captain Kirk's judgement for assessing reality.

Do you know what @Link means by "God's judgement" and "God's vision" is then? You must to be able to make this assessment. Can both of you explain? Religion makes abundant use of metaphor, so for all I know this is referencing the human ability to sense and perceive the environment as gifted by their one-god, in which case we would require it to assess reality.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I mean who we are to have an accurate reality and not be an illusion, we require God's judgment.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
By that I mean to have an accurate value to who we are by which our actions properly form part of who we are, we require God's judgment and vision.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Religion makes abundant use of metaphor, so for all I know this is referencing the human ability to sense and perceive the environment as gifted by their one-god, in which case we would require it to assess reality.

That is indeed how I interpreted it.
And it's just such an empty bare assertion that you can replace the word "god" by pretty much anything and it wouldn't have any effect on the validity / merrit thereof.

As such, it can be discarded as meaningless.

lostwanderingsoul

First of all, people who try to prove an undetectable entity does not exist, are wasting their time and engaging in an exercise in futility.

Secondly, that doesn't change the point you are replying to.

Neither of those things can be shown to be false.
So if that makes it the "best argument for gods", then that also makes it an equally "good" argument for the other things.
Thank you. I will next try to prove atheism does not exist.