• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who think that a human can be God?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I believe...they simply don’t deal in the truth. They have fantasy perceptions of the world around them (and the people in it) that they convince themselves are real. Rather like a child, they live in a pretend world. And like a child with an invisible friend, it is very, very real to them.

What is glaringly lacking in your "analysis of the psychology" of those who think they are god is any facts or science supporting your "analysis". Basically, you're just speculating.

Since you're indulging yourself in unsubstantiated speculations, why not just choose to speculate that people who think they are god, and everyone is god, have uncommon insight into some fundamental reality that most of us don't have insight into. That would be just as speculative as what you're already doing, just as worthless to anyone except, perhaps, as an indulgence in idle mental masturbation.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Nope, I don't find the variation of Islam a problem in the least :)
Here we go !

It's not about variation of Islam. it's about very commun faith about God.

99.99% of Muslims don't believe in "I am God" or " Everything is God".

Even you can made a poll about you will be lucky if you find someone believe in the "term" you claim about Islam.

Kirran

Premium Member
Here we go !

It's not about variation of Islam. it's about very commun faith about God.

99.99% of Muslims don't believe in "I am God" or " Everything is God".

Even you can made a poll about you will be lucky if you find someone believe in the "term" you claim about Islam.

Here we go indeed!

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Exactly, Why not ask something along the order of, "Why do some people believe......" Seems like a more productive approach.

Just quotin' this for emphasis to reduce the probability that it'll get missed or overlooked.

At any rate, autotheism is a type of theism, and the idea of apotheosis is found in several different cultures, as far as I'm aware. Autotheism is something of an oddball as far as types of theism go, because otherwise one of the main common denominators of theisms is that there are forces out there greater than humans that are to be the subjects of worship, adoration, celebration, what have you. Autotheism uniquely turns that on its head
. The theology works better in polytheistic religions, where gods aren't expected to be all-powerful anyway - a particularly remarkable human simply becomes another powerful force in the world just as the gods are. Certainly one can make the argument that some cultural icons hold significant influence over human cultures that is on par with lesser gods in polytheisms. Autotheistic theology, like any theology, comes with pluses and minuses.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Outside of mental illness, a better question might be what kind of experience could possibly make a person feel they were god. Oneness, or the experience of Oneness brings one perilously close to the thought, "I am god" though few are silly enough to claim it outright due to rather obvious sociological implications. (Here I am not talking about the primitive Islamic concept of Oneness known as Tawhid.)

sovietchild

They have to overlook a lot of things or have a diminished definition of a god. Typically a god is considered all-knowing and immortal. A person believed to be a god can't be all-knowing since it's limited to the knowledge it possess and its space-time location. And a person can't be immortal since it was born and didn't exist before it was born.

Good post.

You always ask "What is wrong with those people" rather than "What is wrong with those ideas". The irony is you apparently have no clue what is wrong with your questions.

43eba2aa7713a59105fc9797c03541f453578920b863c9a83ef68440a395c3ee.jpg

What's wrong with those people who think men that have sex with children are moral and should be respected?

Backlash in ...
and...

Here we go again. Why "what is wrong with?"

Last edited:

interminable

منتظر
Hahaha, we're still doing this? :D

I think I am God. I think everybody is God. Wahdat al-Wujud is the Islamic term.
May I ask u not to share your thoughts about everything especially something that not only u but also some great philosophers can't understand

U don't have to express everything that comes to your mind

وحدت وجود
Is the ultimate level of mysticism so don't take it easy

It takes years to understand it intellectually let alone if u want to see it by heart

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
They have to overlook a lot of things or have a diminished definition of a god. Typically a god is considered all-knowing and immortal. A person believed to be a god can't be all-knowing since it's limited to the knowledge it possess and its space-time location. And a person can't be immortal since it was born and didn't exist before it was born.
How typical is typical exactly?

Kirran

Premium Member
May I ask u not to share your thoughts about everything especially something that not only u but also some great philosophers can't understand

U don't have to express everything that comes to your mind

وحدت وجود
Is the ultimate level of mysticism so don't take it easy

It takes years to understand it intellectually let alone if u want to see it by heart

Hmm, I do see your point. But to be honest, I think to discuss it in this venue is by definition at a superficial level, and so isn't really doing any damage to anybody.