• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the difference between angels, aliens, thought-forms and interdimensional beings?

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I never believe that I know the whole truth about what goes on in our world. I study many things but that brings me to more questions. It is possible that any or all of these types of beings could exist in our world. How can we know? I know that I have met many very strange people. No I don't mean crazy. I mean people who did the oddest of things and people who told me things that they had no way of knowing or who gave me wisdom that you never hear from "normal people". I know that I have dealt with something but i don't know what they are. Maybe all of the above. How can I know?

To me, aliens could appear to be angels because they could be so advanced that what they do would appear to be supernatural to us. We would appear to be supernatural to ancient man. Thought-forms could be created by us and therefore do or say things we are thinking about, have thought about or which are in our character. Angels could do strange things to teach us wisdom or to show us that they are real. They could have abilities which humans don't. Interdimensional beings could be capable of anything the others could do because they could have higher technologies than we do and they could be capable of things which are normal in their dimensions but not in our dimensions.

There could also be other things such as psychics, spiritual people receiving information from God, etc.

How do you distinguish one from the other?

Christians, please don't tell me to test the spirits. Aliens, interdimensionals, etc. could know God. The Bible does say God “has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds” Hebrews 1:2 Notice "worlds" plural.

Luke 20:36 “Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God”. This states that there are other beings besides angels. Yes, I know that they are speaking of saved Christians but this also shows that they have a supernatural difference from other people.

Also, Genesis 6:1, 2 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Who were these sons of God? They aren't called demons or angels. So, what are they? In the New Testament, sons of God are saved Christians. Obviously, that wouldn't be the case with these beings who married human women but weren't said to be from God. And if they were spirit beings, how did they create children? Yes, I do believe that angels can become solid physical beings when required as in Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. There are also other instances of angels interacting with humans in the Bible. If they were aliens or other beings, how could they create children? Inter-species offspring is a false concept. In biology only very closely related beings can create offspring. So, a horse and donkey can create a mule but a dog and a donkey can't create young.

To the alien people, something from a different planet or different dimension could not create offspring. They would not be biologically compatible unless we are somehow related to them.

So, my question for everyone of any belief is what's what? I am not currently a Christian but I do know Christianity better than other religions. That is why I quote the Bible. I am open to any belief. So, I would like to hear from anyone of any belief.
They are all the same to me. I have never seen any of them.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Difference between my post and yours is I was attempting to answer the OP by defining and distinguishing between said entities such as angels, aliens etc. I never inferred an opinion of fact unlike you when you proclaimed that said entities are creations of the mind.
Still waiting for your reply to my question---your tap dancing here hardly qualifies:

"in as much as you expect us to be dealing in fact here, what is your supporting evidence that, more than just a definition of terms, the following are facts:

1) "angels are incorporeal beings made of divine light (not light as we know as humans) who can traverse space time, dimensions, and whatever is in between."

2) "Through divine providence they can either materialize or dematerialize. They can travel beyond the concept of speed or travel itself. Within limits they know past, present, and future events so it would seem angels see time and reality simultaneously."

3) "Within limits they know past, present, and future events so it would seem angels see time and reality simultaneously."

4) "Aliens are are extraterrestrial beings that exist outside the Earth in various forms as some speculate from the ones that are microscopic, to bipedal (or tripedal) sentient beings with advance knowledge of the universe."

5) "Thought forms is a theosophical terminology as Annie Besant proposed "each definite thought produces a double effect — a radiating vibration and a floating form."

6) 'The radiating vibration "conveys the character of the thought, but not its subject."

7) "A thought of love and of desire to protect, directed strongly towards some beloved object, creates a form which goes to the person thought of, and remains in his aura as a shielding and protecting agent; it will seek all opportunities to serve, and all opportunities to defend, not by a conscious and deliberate action, but by a blind following out of the impulse impressed upon it, and it will strengthen friendly forces that impinge on the aura and weaken unfriendly ones.

8) "Thus may we create and maintain veritable guardian angels round those we love..."

9) "An intradimensional being (or extradimensional being) is a being that exist beyond our own. Whether its a time traveler a ghost or even an angel. This is an ascription to such other dimensional beings."​

JJ50

I am of the opinion that intelligent life forms are likely to exist on other planets, it would be extraordinary if Earth was the only one hosting them. However, I think it highly unlikely they have visited our planet.

As for angels and other entities, I think they are figments of the human imagination.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
What is the difference between angels, aliens, thought-forms and interdimensional beings?

I never believe that I know the whole truth about what goes on in our world. I study many things but that brings me to more questions. It is possible that any or all of these types of beings could exist in our world. How can we know? I know that I have met many very strange people. No I don't mean crazy. I mean people who did the oddest of things and people who told me things that they had no way of knowing or who gave me wisdom that you never hear from "normal people". I know that I have dealt with something but i don't know what they are. Maybe all of the above. How can I know?

To me, aliens could appear to be angels because they could be so advanced that what they do would appear to be supernatural to us. We would appear to be supernatural to ancient man. Thought-forms could be created by us and therefore do or say things we are thinking about, have thought about or which are in our character. Angels could do strange things to teach us wisdom or to show us that they are real. They could have abilities which humans don't. Interdimensional beings could be capable of anything the others could do because they could have higher technologies than we do and they could be capable of things which are normal in their dimensions but not in our dimensions.

There could also be other things such as psychics, spiritual people receiving information from God, etc.

Aliens might be real - given that we haven't a clue about the vast majority of existence, and now know that planets are as common as muck - and thought-forms might explain the other two, being that we haven't discovered everything about the human mind but do know enough to know that we deceive ourselves constantly due to the interplay between our senses, perception, and our thoughts, such as for us to assign variable meanings to many experiences. And variable meaning for those who experience the same things quite often. I do think it highly likely that intelligent life does exist elsewhere - given the sheer numbers involved and the age of the universe - but I doubt we will necessarily encounter any, particularly if we destroy ourselves or are destroyed by any of the possible causes.

There could be all sorts of things as you described but one (in my view) must go for the most plausible explanations, and hence unless one can demonstrate the existence of any of these then they should remain in the category 'unknown' or 'asserted'.

For any 'messengers' from God, one could look at most other reasons for there being such before one assumed the truth of these, in my view, since there will usually be more satisfactory answers from doing so - and it causing a lot less trouble, like conflict, than if one just accepted them at face value.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I think we can’t necessarily tell the difference between supernaturals and extra terrestrials, but we might be able to if we are able to spot their devices.

After all even if we don’t understand helicopters we can tell the difference between a helicopter and just levitating above the ground.

Although presumably more advanced beings would be capable of more advanced optical illusion as well so I suppose even then we couldn’t be sure of a supernatural as opposed to a scientifically advanced being

If naturalism holds in its most absurd sense, then the most advanced extra terrestrials, you will ever meet, you won't know that you have met them. You or I could be a computer simulation running on an extra terrestrial computer. Not a simulation of the universe as such, but a simulation of one of us as how the program, that we are, works.
So I were turned on 25 seconds ago and will be turned of sometimes in the future and I can't know nor control it. :)

So there is a limit to knowledge and what we can test. I know, I am a global skeptic, I know the limits of knowledge.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Still waiting for your reply to my question---your tap dancing here hardly qualifies:
"in as much as you expect us to be dealing in fact here, what is your supporting evidence that, more than just a definition of terms, the following are facts:

1) "angels are incorporeal beings made of divine light (not light as we know as humans) who can traverse space time, dimensions, and whatever is in between."

2) "Through divine providence they can either materialize or dematerialize. They can travel beyond the concept of speed or travel itself. Within limits they know past, present, and future events so it would seem angels see time and reality simultaneously."

3) "Within limits they know past, present, and future events so it would seem angels see time and reality simultaneously."

4) "Aliens are are extraterrestrial beings that exist outside the Earth in various forms as some speculate from the ones that are microscopic, to bipedal (or tripedal) sentient beings with advance knowledge of the universe."

5) "Thought forms is a theosophical terminology as Annie Besant proposed "each definite thought produces a double effect — a radiating vibration and a floating form."

6) 'The radiating vibration "conveys the character of the thought, but not its subject."

7) "A thought of love and of desire to protect, directed strongly towards some beloved object, creates a form which goes to the person thought of, and remains in his aura as a shielding and protecting agent; it will seek all opportunities to serve, and all opportunities to defend, not by a conscious and deliberate action, but by a blind following out of the impulse impressed upon it, and it will strengthen friendly forces that impinge on the aura and weaken unfriendly ones.

8) "Thus may we create and maintain veritable guardian angels round those we love..."

9) "An intradimensional being (or extradimensional being) is a being that exist beyond our own. Whether its a time traveler a ghost or even an angel. This is an ascription to such other dimensional beings."​

So in another words you want me to get into another discussion of the proof of God with you then because that is basically what you're asking me when you want me to provide facts.

calm

Christians, please don't tell me to test the spirits. Aliens, interdimensionals, etc. could know God. The Bible does say God “has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds” Hebrews 1:2 Notice "worlds" plural.

Luke 20:36 “Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God”. This states that there are other beings besides angels. Yes, I know that they are speaking of saved Christians but this also shows that they have a supernatural difference from other people.

Also, Genesis 6:1, 2 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Who were these sons of God? They aren't called demons or angels. So, what are they? In the New Testament, sons of God are saved Christians. Obviously, that wouldn't be the case with these beings who married human women but weren't said to be from God. And if they were spirit beings, how did they create children? Yes, I do believe that angels can become solid physical beings when required as in Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. There are also other instances of angels interacting with humans in the Bible. If they were aliens or other beings, how could they create children? Inter-species offspring is a false concept. In biology only very closely related beings can create offspring. So, a horse and donkey can create a mule but a dog and a donkey can't create young.

To the alien people, something from a different planet or different dimension could not create offspring. They would not be biologically compatible unless we are somehow related to them.

So, my question for everyone of any belief is what's what? I am not currently a Christian but I do know Christianity better than other religions. That is why I quote the Bible. I am open to any belief. So, I would like to hear from anyone of any belief.
There are no aliens. There are only four beings: the first being is God, the second the human, the third the angel and the fourth the animal. Aliens are fairy tales, nothing more.

JJ50

There are no aliens. There are only four beings: the first being is God, the second the human, the third the angel and the fourth the animal. Aliens are fairy tales, nothing more.

The human animal and animals of other species exist, we know for a fact, whereas god and angels are not likely to exist outside of the very vivid imagination of humans. As I have said before, aliens could exist somewhere in the universe.

Pretty simple. Those are some factual definitions used to describe.

Would it be okay to say “I don’t know?” The term “alien” doesn’t have to mean a bunch of green things. If there is a separate place called heaven somewhere, would they be aliens? Or if God or angels lived in a far away country or place, would they be aliens? Then humans would be aliens to their place as well.

Last edited:

JJ50

Would it be okay to say “I don’t know?” The term “alien” doesn’t have to mean a bunch of green things. If there is a separate place called heaven somewhere, would they be aliens? Or if God or angels lived in a far away country or place, would they be aliens?

By alien I mean an intelligent life force on another planet.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

Angels are robotic extraterrestrial probes, aliens are extraterrestrial biological forms of life , and an example of an inter-dimensional being would be a four-dimensional based entity traversing through 3-dimensional space.

If a tesseract shaped inter-dimensional being were to traverse in front of any highly evolved 3 dimensional shaped great apes such as ourselves, then we would only see a 3 dimensional slice of this extra dimensional being appear out of nowhere and then vanish into thin air. We would not be able to see anywhere near the physical mind of this hypercube shaped inter-dimensional omniscient being.

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

There is eyewitness testimony from U.S. Navy jet pilots as well as video footage from the U.S. Department of Defense showing a possible encounter between U.S. Navy jet pilots and an extraterrestrial drone, which I've defined with the word "angel" that being an alien robotic probe.
Pilot+Report+5-6.jpg

On the 14th of November 2004, the U.S.S. Princeton's radar detected an approximately 40 foot diameter tic-tac shaped object abruptly descending from an altitude of 28,000 feet to near sea level over a period of one second; U.S. Navy pilots witnessed this apparently propulsion-less tic-tac shaped approximately 40 foot diameter sized object briefly hoovering over the Pacific Ocean; then a few seconds later, the object abruptly shifted directions moving perpendicularly-horizontally. Pilots with their infrared cameras recorded this object on video showing the object travelling at an estimated speed in excess of some few thousand miles per hour; hence, easily evading its pursuant U.S Hornet F-18 fighter jets.

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

Angels, extraterrestrial aliens, and inter-dimensional beings are all thought forms; that is, they are all figments of the mind.

There is indeed a mark of intelligence left in our genetic code as evident by how the numeric and semantic message of 037 appears in our genetic code. Each codon relates to 3 other particular codons having the same particular type of initial nucleobase and sequential nucleobase subsequently then followed by a different ending nucleobase. Half of these 4 set of codon groups ( whole family codons ) each code for the same particular amino acid. The other half of those 4 set of codon groups ( split codons ) don't code for the same amino acid. So then, in the case of whole family codons, there are 37 amino acid peptide chain nucleons for each relevant nucleobase determinant of how a particular amino acid gets coded. Start codons express 0 at the beginning of 37 Hence, the meaningful numeric and semantic message of 037 gets unambiguously and factually conveyed to us descendants of our cosmic ancestor(s) with our genetic code invented by a superior intelligence beyond that of anybody presently bound to Earth.

“There is no plausible chemical logic to couple directly the triplets and the amino acids. In other words, the principles of chemistry where not the sought essence of the genetic code”

“The zero is the supreme abstraction of arithmetic. Its use by any alphabet, including the genetic code, can be an indicator of artificiality.”

"The place-value decimal system represented through digital symmetry of the numbers divisible by prime number (PN 037). This arithmetical syntactic feature is an innate attribute of the genetic code. The PN 037 notation with a leading zero emphasizes zero's equal participation in the digital symmetry. Numbers written by identical digits are devised by PN 037*3=111 and 1+1+1=3 and appear regularly [from the figure: 037*6 =222 and 2+2+2=6, 037*9=333 and 3+3+3 =9, 037*4=444 and 4+4+4=12, 037*15=555 and 5+5+5=15, 037*18=666 and 6+6+6=18, 037*21=777 and 7+7+7 =21. 037*24 =888 and 8+8+8=24, 037*27=999 and 9+9+9=27.)"

"There is a complete set of information symbols utilizing the decimal syntax 111, 222, 333, 444, 555, 666, 777, 888, 999 in the genetic code. Each of these symbols consists uniformly of a carrier (balanced nucleons) and a meaning (the decimal syntax)."

Reference: The "Wow! signal" of the terrestrial genetic code. Vladimir l. shCherbak and Maxim A. Makukov. http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.906.4671&rep=rep1&type=pdf

This informational and artificial characteristic of the WOW signal of the terrestrial genetic code demonstrates extraterrestrial intelligent design.

This intelligent signal transmitted via genetic code that has been documented and confirmed by scientists researching the WOW signal of the terrestrial genetic code is prima facie evidence for an extraterrestrial intelligent designer.

The authors who discovered this mark of intelligence embedded in our genetic code show that "the terrestrial code displays a thorough precision-type orderliness matching the criteria to be considered an informational signal. Simple arrangements of the code reveal an ensemble of arithmetical and ideographical patterns of the same symbolic language. Accurate and systematic, these underlying patterns appear as a product of precision logic and nontrivial computing rather than of stochastic processes (the null hypothesis that they are due to chance coupled with presumable evolutionary pathways is rejected with P-value < 10–13). The patterns are profound to the extent that the code mapping itself is uniquely deduced from their algebraic representation. The signal displays readily recognizable hallmarks of artificiality, among which are the symbol of zero, the privileged decimal syntax and semantical symmetries. Besides, extraction of the signal involves logically straightforward but abstract operations, making the patterns essentially irreducible to any natural origin. Plausible ways of embedding the signal into the code and possible interpretation of its content are discussed. Overall, while the code is nearly optimized biologically, its limited capacity is used extremely efficiently to pass non-biological information."

Reference: The "Wow! signal" of the terrestrial genetic code. Vladimir l. shCherbak and Maxim A. Makukov. http://earth-chronicles.ru/Publications_12/35/64182102-1-s2.0-s0019103513000791-main.pdf

Exactly who/what left its/their mark in our genetic coding might not ever get determined by anybody presently bound to Earth. The search for our cosmic relatives and cosmic common ancestor likely then needs to be done with advanced space exploration. I'd like to urge you then to please advise our Senate, Congress and President to expand our tax-payer funded resources for advance space exploration.

Last edited:

Neutral Name

There is eyewitness testimony from U.S. Navy jet pilots as well as video footage from the U.S. Department of Defense showing a possible encounter between U.S. Navy jet pilots and an extraterrestrial drone, which I've defined with the word "angel" that being an alien robotic probe.
Pilot+Report+5-6.jpg

On the 14th of November 2004, the U.S.S. Princeton's radar detected an approximately 40 foot diameter tic-tac shaped object abruptly descending from an altitude of 28,000 feet to near sea level over a period of one second; U.S. Navy pilots witnessed this apparently propulsion-less tic-tac shaped approximately 40 foot diameter sized object briefly hoovering over the Pacific Ocean; then a few seconds later, the object abruptly shifted directions moving perpendicularly-horizontally. Pilots with their infrared cameras recorded this object on video showing the object travelling at an estimated speed in excess of some few thousand miles per mile; hence, easily evading its pursuant U.S Hornet F-18 fighter jets.

Thank you, Salvador. I just watched a documentary this morning where a Navy ship captured video of ufos and the Navy pilots chased them in their planes. The US Government seems to be hiding it less as are other governments in the world. The Bible stated that there were "worlds", plural, which I stated in my initial post. Skwim, obviously, has a closed mind. I have spoken with a Christian young man at work who feels the same way. He can't accept that there might be beings from other places. Why can't they? What kind of closed mindedness is this?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Angel: messenger of any type
Alien: not from here
Thought form: collective spirit: egregore, maara, tulpa, archetype, mob mentality, nomos, daimon, lemur/larvæ, herd instinct, colony instinct (such as coral colonies,) hive mind. (edit to add: anything from Plato's World of Forms.)
Interdimensional being: one who walks in both the physical and the collective thought forms; Shaman, medicine man, etc, or contagious mind virus that jumps from host to host if it gains sentience from its hosts when their individual minds are overcome (which is much like a collective thought form of the maara type above.) (edit to add: sentient humans would also qualify as interdimensional beings if they have abstract thought as per Plato's World of Forms.)

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Last edited: