• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the difference between angels, aliens, thought-forms and interdimensional beings?

Neutral Name

Yup. Didn't see any request for facts, and all I have left is opinion. But . . . in as much as you expect us to be dealing in fact here, what is your supporting evidence that, more than just a definition of terms, the following are facts:

1) "angels are incorporeal beings made of divine light (not light as we know as humans) who can traverse space time, dimensions, and whatever is in between."

2) "Through divine providence they can either materialize or dematerialize. They can travel beyond the concept of speed or travel itself. Within limits they know past, present, and future events so it would seem angels see time and reality simultaneously."

3) "Within limits they know past, present, and future events so it would seem angels see time and reality simultaneously."

4) "Aliens are are extraterrestrial beings that exist outside the Earth in various forms as some speculate from the ones that are microscopic, to bipedal (or tripedal) sentient beings with advance knowledge of the universe."

5) "Thought forms is a theosophical terminology as Annie Besant proposed "each definite thought produces a double effect — a radiating vibration and a floating form."

6) 'The radiating vibration "conveys the character of the thought, but not its subject."

7) "A thought of love and of desire to protect, directed strongly towards some beloved object, creates a form which goes to the person thought of, and remains in his aura as a shielding and protecting agent; it will seek all opportunities to serve, and all opportunities to defend, not by a conscious and deliberate action, but by a blind following out of the impulse impressed upon it, and it will strengthen friendly forces that impinge on the aura and weaken unfriendly ones.

8) "Thus may we create and maintain veritable guardian angels round those we love..."

9) "An intradimensional being (or extradimensional being) is a being that exist beyond our own. Whether its a time traveler a ghost or even an angel. This is an ascription to such other dimensional beings."

Skwim, Well, there are so many videos and pictures and massive sightings of UFOs that they are, obviously, real. Many were police officers who are good witnesses and Navy sailors, professionals, etc. So, they are real. I forgot to mention astronauts who reported sighting odd things. Some were broadcast by NASA before they started blocking out things they didn't want the public to know. Not to mention that the Bible speaks of worlds, plural, as I said originally. What are those worlds? It's too bad that some people are closed minded enough to not even consider the possibility of other beings in the universe.

Angels are not just a Christian concept. They are spoken of in many cultures. Evidently, God comes to many people, not just Christians.

Thought-forms might be scientifically proven. They haven't been yet but, in the future, that could happen since there is the ability to change the path of atoms by viewing them and everything is made of atoms. Yes, God did create atoms because He created everything, didn't He? So, would you like to try again with a different opinion?

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
So in another words you want me to get into another discussion of the proof of God with you then because that is basically what you're asking me when you want me to provide facts.
*SIGH* As I said,
"in as much as you expect us to be dealing in fact here, what is your supporting evidence that, more than just a definition of terms, the following are facts."

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)​

Exactly what is so difficult to understand here?

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
Yeah, that's like a nothing answer.

It is answer just not one you want. There is no evidence for any of the figures or entities. Ergo you rely upon the fiction written by people to differentiate the two. Good writing means you can clearly separate a ghost from an alien or whatever. Bad writing becomes a problem.

Neutral Name

We only know what God has told us. You can go crazy speculating...and what is the point? God tells us what we need to know, but not necessarily what we want to to know for now.

We know that God created the material universe and that we as his intelligent human representatives were placed here as caretakers of this particular planet. We had a purpose in being here, so it seems logical to me that this earth is the beginning of God's purpose to perhaps populate the whole universe eventually? Who knows...God does not tell us.

But if we take into consideration the fact that there was rebellion among God's spirit sons over the creation of man, (issues of God's sovereignty being raised) then there must be something important in connection with God's purpose to allow this rebellion to continue up until now. Otherwise God would have put it down immediately.

Again we can speculate about other worlds and other beings out there in the vastness of space, but it seems more likely to me that the earth is his starting point. If the issues regarding rebellious use of free will and God's sovereign right to set limits for his creation are important (as I believe they are), then this is the proving ground for all issues to be resolved once and for all time, before the Creator moves on with whatever he has planned for this universe. There is no limit to what he can do.

The results of this exercise would create precedents for all times and all worlds to come. Rebellion among free willed beings could never arise again. Its a brilliant strategy if you ask me.

The word "worlds" in that scripture means different things in different passages. But it doesn't mean the planet, so it isn't about other worlds in the universe, populated by aliens.

At Matthew 24:3, Jesus' disciples were asking him about how they would know that the "end of the age" was near. (same word)
They were not asking about "the end of the world" because there will never be an end to this planet, (Ecclesiastes 1:4) but there will be an end to the "age" or the "system of things" run by corrupt humans, that is operating on it....the one that is alienated from the Creator.

God planned the means for reconciliation way back in Eden, but the implementation of it has been a long time (in human terms) coming to its conclusion. The way I see that is, because it was not human rebellion that started this problem, but that humans were hijacked and held to ransom by a very powerful spirit creature, it was necessary to demonstrate that God is not just powerful, but has the long range benefit of all his 'children' in view. He could have stopped the original rebellion in its tracks if he had just used his power, but the original rebel never challenged God's power..... he challenged his sovereign right to set the rules.

Allowing all, both angels and humans to experience first hand what it means to disobey the Creator has been the most important object lesson in history. Yet most people have no idea why the world is the way it is and what it means for them to learn the lesson. We have a common enemy blinding people to the truth. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)

I totally believe in God but there are many things in this world which are not explained by God's word. How do I understand these. For instance, although God created everything including atoms, atoms are never spoken about in the Bible. Neither are cars or computers or so many technologies. It is only said that we will do much more than what has been done in the past.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
It is answer just not one you want. There is no evidence for any of the figures or entities. Ergo you rely upon the fiction written by people to differentiate the two. Good writing means you can clearly separate a ghost from an alien or whatever. Bad writing becomes a problem.

Material evidence for extraterrestrial intelligence provided in post #36 and #37.

Neutral Name

*SIGH* As I said,

"in as much as you expect us to be dealing in fact here, what is your supporting evidence that, more than just a definition of terms, the following are facts."
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)​

Ok, first, you are not an agnostic. You are an atheist. I was an atheist and my son currently is but there is more to life than what you understand. You are entitled to your beliefs but I have had many synchronous events or coincidences happen and many things which have helped me greatly in my life. Those could not be accidental. To me, there, obviously, is a higher power helping in this world. I think that you don't know this because you are not connected to it. You choose to not believe. So, it (the higher power) will not force itself on you. You may never know that it truly does exist. It is really up to you. If you don't believe me, try to connect with it and see what happens. If you don't, you have nothing to say to those of us who have. There is proof in the fact that this can be accomplished by anyone who reaches out for the higher power. If it is not reached for, it will not be found. That is how it works.

Last edited:

Neutral Name

Material evidence for extraterrestrial intelligence provided in post #36 and #37.

Yes, I know that there are aliens but I do have to wonder how many come from other planets and how many come from our future? We can already send an atom back in time one second. What will we be able to do in 1,000 years? We will be able to send people back to our current time period. So,how do we know the difference between the two and other things?

Neutral Name

*SIGH* As I said,

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)​

You did see my other answer, didn't you? What is your answer?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Pretty simple. Those are some factual definitions used to describe.
Not so simple at all. Citing the characteristics of X as some of its defining elements could well serve as part of a common definition; however, Epic Beard gave no indication that this is what he was doing. He simply listed various characteristics of each, and I'm just looking for evidence that these are what each truly possesses. IOW, given that angels, extraterrestrial aliens, inter-dimensional beings, and thought forms exist, show us the evidence that they have have such characteristics. That:

"angels are incorporeal beings made of divine light (not light as we know as humans) who can traverse space time, dimensions, and whatever is in between."
and

"Through divine providence they can either materialize or dematerialize."

and

"They can travel beyond the concept of speed or travel itself."

and

"Within limits they know past, present, and future events so it would seem angels see time and reality simultaneously."
etc.

etc.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
You posted none. You posted videos and papers claiming as such. There is a difference.

UFO does not equate alien.

Next!

UFOs or unidentified aerial phenomenon with "otherworldly" maneuverability capabilities and "otherworldly" design could be extraterrestrial..

The message of "037" embedded in our genetic coding is prima facie evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence.

Last edited:

Neutral Name

Please see my other answers. Aliens have, actually, been proven by the fact that they have been seen by many reputable witnesses. Police officers, Navy sailors, professionals, etc. have witnessed them, not to mention that they were witnessed en masse in many places. They, obviously, are real. rong and you are the only right person? Thought-forms. Physics shows that many things are possible which were not thought possible in the past. We now have quantum computers and atoms have been sent back one second in time. In the future, we will be able to do much more like send people back thousands of years. How can you not understand that all of this is possible? Are you that closed minded? Look around you. See what is going on in the world. Don't be caught up in past beliefs. Understand the present.

Neutral Name

Not so simple at all. Citing the characteristics of X as some of its defining elements could well serve as part of a common definition; however, Epic Beard gave no indication that this is what he was doing. He simply listed various characteristics of each, and I'm just looking for evidence that these are what each truly possesses. IOW, given that angels, extraterrestrial aliens, inter-dimensional beings, and thought forms exist, show us the evidence that they have have such characteristics. That:

"angels are incorporeal beings made of divine light (not light as we know as humans) who can traverse space time, dimensions, and whatever is in between."
and

"Through divine providence they can either materialize or dematerialize."

and

"They can travel beyond the concept of speed or travel itself."

and

"Within limits they know past, present, and future events so it would seem angels see time and reality simultaneously."
etc.

etc.

Have you seen my replies?

Skwim

Veteran Member
You did see my other answer, didn't you? What is your answer?
I assume you mean post # 9.

Diana Montgomery said:
If so, why would so many people believe in them? Are they all creating thought-forms. Through time, that would be millions of people.
Argument ad populums

"In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "argument to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition must be true because many or most people believe it, often concisely encapsulated as: "If many believe so, it is so."
don't convince, As stated, they're fallacious.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Skwim, Well, there are so many videos and pictures and massive sightings of UFOs that they are, obviously, real. Many were police officers who are good witnesses and Navy sailors, professionals, etc. So, they are real. Not to mention that the Bible speaks of worlds, plural, as I said originally. What are those worlds? It's too bad that some people are closed minded enough to not even consider the possibility of other beings in the universe.
I have absolutely no doubt that UFOs, Unidentified Flying Objects, exist, but there is no evidence that they carry any kind of life form, so it's a huge, and irrational, leap of the imagination to suppose they harbor intelligent life. It's silly.

Angels are not just a Christian concept. They are spoken of in many cultures. Evidently, God comes to many people, not just Christians.
And your convincing evidence is ______________________________________________ .

Thought-forms might be scientifically proven. They haven't been yet but, in the future, that could happen since there is the ability to change the path of atoms by viewing them and everything is made of atoms.
As might talking mice. :rolleyes:

Yes, God did create atoms because He created everything, didn't He?
Not that I know of. What's your evidence? Hell, I'm not even convinced a god exists.

So, would you like to try again with a different opinion?
Nope.

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
. Aliens have, actually, been proven by the fact that they have been seen by many reputable witnesses.

Nope. Show me a body. Proof by assertion.

Assertion regarding reputable and reliability of statements

Police officers, Navy sailors, professionals, etc. have witnessed them, not to mention that they were witnessed en masse in many places.

Ad populum

They, obviously, are real. rong and you are the only right person?

No I said the evidence was lacking.

Physics shows that many things are possible which were not thought possible in the past. We now have quantum computers and atoms have been sent back one second in time. In the future, we will be able to do much more like send people back thousands of years. How can you not understand that all of this is possible?

Speculation spring boarding from proven science into the unproven

Are you that closed minded?

I have a higher standard than fallacious arguments as per your blunders above.

Look around you. See what is going on in the world. Don't be caught up in past beliefs. Understand the present.

Babble.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Ok, first, you are not an agnostic. You are an atheist. I was an atheist and my son currently is but there is more to life than what you understand. You are entitled to your beliefs but I have had many synchronous events or coincidences happen and many things which have helped me greatly in my life. Those could not be accidental. To me, there, obviously, is a higher power helping in this world. I think that you don't know this because you are not connected to it. You choose to not believe. So, it (the higher power) will not forces itself on you. may never know that it truly does exist. It is really up to you. If you don't believe me, try to connect with it and see what happens. If you don't, you have nothing to say to those of us who have. There is proof in the fact that this can be accomplished by anyone who reaches out for the higher power. If it is not reached for, it will not be found. That is how it works.
And you're not Spiritual.

We good now?

David T

Premium Member
I never believe that I know the whole truth about what goes on in our world. I study many things but that brings me to more questions. It is possible that any or all of these types of beings could exist in our world. How can we know? I know that I have met many very strange people. No I don't mean crazy. I mean people who did the oddest of things and people who told me things that they had no way of knowing or who gave me wisdom that you never hear from "normal people". I know that I have dealt with something but i don't know what they are. Maybe all of the above. How can I know?

To me, aliens could appear to be angels because they could be so advanced that what they do would appear to be supernatural to us. We would appear to be supernatural to ancient man. Thought-forms could be created by us and therefore do or say things we are thinking about, have thought about or which are in our character. Angels could do strange things to teach us wisdom or to show us that they are real. They could have abilities which humans don't. Interdimensional beings could be capable of anything the others could do because they could have higher technologies than we do and they could be capable of things which are normal in their dimensions but not in our dimensions.

There could also be other things such as psychics, spiritual people receiving information from God, etc.

How do you distinguish one from the other?

Christians, please don't tell me to test the spirits. Aliens, interdimensionals, etc. could know God. The Bible does say God “has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds” Hebrews 1:2 Notice "worlds" plural.

Luke 20:36 “Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God”. This states that there are other beings besides angels. Yes, I know that they are speaking of saved Christians but this also shows that they have a supernatural difference from other people.

Also, Genesis 6:1, 2 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Who were these sons of God? They aren't called demons or angels. So, what are they? In the New Testament, sons of God are saved Christians. Obviously, that wouldn't be the case with these beings who married human women but weren't said to be from God. And if they were spirit beings, how did they create children? Yes, I do believe that angels can become solid physical beings when required as in Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. There are also other instances of angels interacting with humans in the Bible. If they were aliens or other beings, how could they create children? Inter-species offspring is a false concept. In biology only very closely related beings can create offspring. So, a horse and donkey can create a mule but a dog and a donkey can't create young.

To the alien people, something from a different planet or different dimension could not create offspring. They would not be biologically compatible unless we are somehow related to them.

So, my question for everyone of any belief is what's what? I am not currently a Christian but I do know Christianity better than other religions. That is why I quote the Bible. I am open to any belief. So, I would like to hear from anyone of any belief.
Parents. It depends on which kooky they pass on.

So the real scientific question we need to locate the kooky gene. I wish those kooky genetisists would get off there lazy kooky butt and hurry up and find that kooky gene. Slackers. They are not doing thier job.

Although maybe kooky is a virus bleeding over from another universe in a differnt dimemsion disquised as a non dimensional string with the length of one dimension seeking out dimensions so it can attach to host and spread the virus kooky. Thats a good theory right there as to the nature of kooky if ya ask me.

Breathing is harmful to kooky it kills it. Yet another scientific uninvestiated phenomena. I have many great theories today. Its amazing, i havent breathed for 4 days strong.

Last edited: