• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the difference between angels, aliens, thought-forms and interdimensional beings?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Yes, I know that there are aliens but I do have to wonder how many come from other planets and how many come from our future? We can already send an atom back in time one second. What will we be able to do in 1,000 years? We will be able to send people back to our current time period. So,how do we know the difference between the two and other things?

"The backwards-in-time point of view is nowadays accepted as completely equivalent to other pictures, but it doesn't have anything to do with the macroscopic terms "cause" and "effect", which do not appear in a microscopic physical description.."

Villata, M. (30 November 2011). "Reply to "Comment to a paper of M. Villata on antigravity"". Astrophysics and Space Science. 337 (1): 15–17. arXiv:1109.1201. Bibcode:2012Ap&SS.337...15V. doi:10.1007/s10509-011-0940-2.

"Retrocausality is sometimes associated with the nonlocal correlations that generically arise from quantum entanglement, including for example the delayed choice quantum eraser."

Rave, M. J. (22 October 2008). "Interpreting Quantum Interference Using a Berry's Phase-like Quantity". Foundations of Physics. 38 (12): 1073–1081. Bibcode:2008FoPh...38.1073R. doi:10.1007/s10701-008-9252-y

Wharton, William R. (1998-10-28). "Backward Causation and the EPR Paradox". Retrieved 2007-06-21.

"However accounts of quantum entanglement can be given which do not involve retrocausality. They treat the experiments demonstrating these correlations as being described from different reference frames that disagree on which measurement is a "cause" versus an "effect", as necessary to be consistent with special relativity."

Costa de Beauregard, Olivier (1977). "Time Symmetry and the Einstein Paradox"(PDF). Il Nuovo Cimento (42B).

David Ellerman (2012-12-11). "A Common Fallacy in Quantum Mechanics: Why Delayed Choice Experiments do NOT imply Retrocausality". Archived from the original on 2013-06-15. Retrieved 2017-05-12.

"That is to say, the choice of which event is the cause and which the effect is not absolute but is relative to the observer. The description of such nonlocal quantum entanglements can be described in a way that is free of retrocausality if the states of the system are considered."

Rubin, Mark A. (2001). "Locality in the Everett Interpretation of Heisenberg-Picture Quantum Mechanics". Found. Phys. Lett. (). 14 (2001): 301–322. arXiv:quant-ph/0103079. Bibcode:2001quant.ph..3079R.

"Physicist John G. Cramer has explored various proposed methods for nonlocal or retrocausal quantum communication and found them all flawed and, consistent with the no communication theorem, unable to transmit nonlocal signals."

J. G. Cramer (April 2014), "Status of Nonlocal Quantum Communication Test" (PDF), UW CENPA Annual Report 2013-14, Article 7.1, retrieved September 21, 2016

Even if retrocausality exists as a quantum level, it cannot be used for communication because verifying any nonl-local correlation requires ordinary sub-luminal communication between observers at the source and destination: the no communication theorem prevents the super-luminal transfer of information. Fundamental descriptions of matter and forces require the full framework of quantum field theory in which space like-separated operators commute.

Neutral Name

Angels are robotic extraterrestrial probes, aliens are extraterrestrial biological forms of life , and an example of an inter-dimensional being would be a four-dimensional based entity traversing through 3-dimensional space.

If a tesseract shaped inter-dimensional being were to traverse in front of any highly evolved 3 dimensional shaped great apes such as ourselves, then we would only see a 3 dimensional slice of this extra dimensional being appear out of nowhere and then vanish into thin air. We would not be able to see anywhere near the physical mind of this hypercube shaped inter-dimensional omniscient being.

I love all of your information! Very interesting.

Neutral Name

So in another words you want me to get into another discussion of the proof of God with you then because that is basically what you're asking me when you want me to provide facts.

Don't let him rattle you, Epic Beard Man. He could be a troll. Not worth wasting your energy. Just ignore him.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Don't let him rattle you, Epic Beard Man. He could be a troll. Not worth wasting your energy. Just ignore him.

@Skwim is a good dude no issue between he and I. I just don't like to get baited into a discussion of proving metaphysical beings are factual beings because I feel I might as well have a discussion about God.

Shad

Veteran Member
Well, let me speculate. The governments of the world are opening up their information now. In the next decade, I predict that it will be common place for people to understand that there is more to life than what we see on a daily basis. Many European countries have already started to make information public and the US government has just recently started doing the same thing. It will be totally public within the next ten years. Check to see if I don't know what I am talking about.

UFOS does not equate aliens. You are making the same mistake which you previous acknowledged.

Shad

Veteran Member
Thank you, Shad. I know that there are UFOs. But are they extraterrestrial or time travelers or inter-dimensional or something else?

This was tagged to a different user. Just an FYI

You are making a jump in logic. You have not ruled out human error and equipment error. It could be a USAF project for all we know.

Shad

Veteran Member
In reality, it is well known by thousands of people that there are UFOs.

Ad populum.

They could be extraterrestrial, inter-dimensional or time travelers but they do exist.

Assertion

The governments of the world are starting to open up about them.

Nope. You saw a video and jumped to the conclusion you wanted.

They have been collecting information about them for decades.

Assertion

That is just UFOs

Does not mean alien. Look up what UFO means

Then there are other unknown things. Many things which have been proven are not common knowledge. For example, psychic abilities tested in the United States and Russia and remote viewing used by the CIA and the Russians. The governments knew that they were a real capability. You can't say that you know what is and what isn't. Things we don't understand exist. Just because you personally haven't encountered them doesn't mean that they are non-existent.

This program was canceled by the US due to a complete lack of reliable results. Think about that.

I use to make money as a teen via tarot card reading. I figured out the con really fast. I say something vague while the client filled in the gaps.

I never said doesn't exist. I said the arguments are not evidence just arguments from assertion

Neutral Name

This was tagged to a different user. Just an FYI

You are making a jump in logic. You have not ruled out human error and equipment error. It could be a USAF project for all we know.

Possibly, but if that is the case, why do we have two different technological levels going on? We have the known technologies such as drones, unmanned planes and stealth aircraft. Yet, we, also, have unknown spaceships which hover over thousands of people but are unknown to local military radar operators. Why both? Is our military hiding something? Wouldn't be the first time. I used to stamp books top secret and above at NSA just to keep them from the public. So, why do you think that they are military? It is an option but I would like to know what your logic is behind this.

Neutral Name

Yet there are people who have prayed and tried to reach out to this higher power and didn't get a response.

I believe that I have learned that it matters more how one feels than what one says in a prayer. For instance, I have prayed but have not been entirely sure that I really wanted something. Then, my prayer was not answered. Ambivalence can stop God from answering prayers. Faith is completely important.

Matthew 8:26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

Matthew 13:58 And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.

Matthew 6:5-8
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

I have also been told that it is not all about us and what we want. Others must be considered. For example, if I pray for the wrong thing, I could hurt one of my children or grandchildren if my prayer is not in their best interest. Also, I have had a minister tell me that it is not right to pray for trivial or greedy things such as for your child's baseball team to win. I try not to ask for too much for this reason. Also, would it right to pray for someone in extreme pain with cancer to continue to live if they can no longer be helped because their body is riddled with cancer or would that be selfish on the part of the person praying because they want the person to live for themselves more than they want the person to feel comfortable?

There can even be cases where people need to learn things like caring for others or humility. God does teach lessons of love.

Lastly, I think God likes compliments. I thank God whenever my prayers are answered or I have good things happen out of the blue. It does say to be grateful to God.

There are probably other things which I have not thought of at this moment but God understands all. So, God does the most loving thing for any situation.

I do understand if you don't believe me. A always state that I was an atheist. Without proof, I would not believe but I wanted to explain some of how God works to you.

Neutral Name

People don't choose to believe or not believe in God, just like I don't choose to believe or not believe in the law of gravity... I just believe in it, it's not a choice.

I don't know. You might be right. I think I chose to believe in God. When I had things happen, I could have just thought that they were coincidences but statistically I have had too many coincidences for it to be chance. To me, logically, something else is going on. I do believe that it is God. That is just my personal viewpoint.

Jos

I believe that I have learned that it matters more how one feels than what one says in a prayer. For instance, I have prayed but have not been entirely sure that I really wanted something. Then, my prayer was not answered. Ambivalence can stop God from answering prayers. Faith is completely important.

Matthew 8:26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

Matthew 13:58 And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.

Matthew 6:5-8
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

I have also been told that it is not all about us and what we want. Others must be considered. For example, if I pray for the wrong thing, I could hurt one of my children or grandchildren if my prayer is not in their best interest. Also, I have had a minister tell me that it is not right to pray for trivial or greedy things such as for your child's baseball team to win. I try not to ask for too much for this reason. Also, would it right to pray for someone in extreme pain with cancer to continue to live if they can no longer be helped because their body is riddled with cancer or would that be selfish on the part of the person praying because they want the person to live for themselves more than they want the person to feel comfortable?

There can even be cases where people need to learn things like caring for others or humility. God does teach lessons of love.

Lastly, I think God likes compliments. I thank God whenever my prayers are answered or I have good things happen out of the blue. It does say to be grateful to God.

There are probably other things which I have not thought of at this moment but God understands all. So, God does the most loving thing for any situation.

I do understand if you don't believe me. A always state that I was an atheist. Without proof, I would not believe but I wanted to explain some of how God works to you.
Ok but for eg. what about the cases of people who were sexually assaulted and they cried out and got no help? Did they have to learn humility as well? Were they being ambivalent?
Also I'm pretty sure there have been cases where people did pray for selfish things and did get it, for eg. I've heard tons of stories of people who prayed about getting jobs or cars or a partner or and other selfish things and they got it and they have even prayed for trivial things like a sports team winning or finding some object they lost and they got their prayer answered. So it looks as though God does answer selfish or trivial prayers.
Also a verse in the Bible says that God will answer any prayer if one just asks for it.
I don't know. You might be right. I think I chose to believe in God. When I had things happen, I could have just thought that they were coincidences but statistically I have had too many coincidences for it to be chance. To me, logically, something else is going on. I do believe that it is God. That is just my personal viewpoint.
Fair enough but I think that you just happened to be convinced or were naturally convinced that it was God rather than actively willing yourself to believe that it was God but IDK.

Neutral Name

Ok but for eg. what about the cases of people who were sexually assaulted and they cried out and got no help? Did they have to learn humility as well? Were they being ambivalent?
Also I'm pretty sure there have been cases where people did pray for selfish things and did get it, for eg. I've heard tons of stories of people who prayed about getting jobs or cars or a partner or and other selfish things and they got it and they have even prayed for trivial things like a sports team winning or finding some object they lost and they got their prayer answered. So it looks as though God does answer selfish or trivial prayers.
Also a verse in the Bible says that God will answer any prayer if one just asks for it.

Fair enough but I think that you just happened to be convinced or were naturally convinced that it was God rather than actively willing yourself to believe that it was God but IDK.

Actually, for now, I agree with you. I will have to think about this. I guess I would think that it comes back to how much faith you have. If you completely believe without reservation, then you might get what you want anyway. I didn't know that because I try to be good about things I do. So, I try not to be greedy, etc. If other people get what they want even when they want greedy things, then I don't know what that is. Again, I will think about that. You have pointed out something that I am unclear on. Thank you.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member

Isn't answering prayers for selfish needs the basis for mega churches and the prosperity doctrine? It seems that if you have the right kind and quantity of faith, prayer is the way to win a personal lottery. Not something Jesus talked much about that I recall in reading the Bible.

unseen passerby

No difference. Your self awareness, perception and faith has your answer.
The angels are spiritual beings who were created by God to be His servants, and God has given them great authority and power to do His will. And at the present time, the angels are greater than we are, because God made us "a little lower than the heavenly beings (Psalm 8:5).
Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. (Hebrews 13:2)

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
an alien is simply an ordinary life form that lives on another planet. it may or may not be sentient, more advanced than us, etc.

Angel, or Malakh in Hebrew, simply means Messenger. They exist in the heavenly realm, or dimension if you prefer that term, although it appears they can manifest in ours. That would make them trans-dimensional beings.

I find it odd that the same skeptical science enthusiasts will entertain the idea of trans-dimensional beings, until you call them angels, and then they protest.