• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is incorrect with those humans who comment sarcastically?

sovietchild

This is a religious forum. Don’t you think as a religious person I have a right to ask what is wrong with those people who….? The cure of ignorance is to question, prophet Muhammad once said.

I believe some peoples world is upside down. What’s good is bad and what’s bad is good, and so lying becomes smart. What is wrong with those people who make up lies just to make people laugh? Is it not a form of a bully? To deceive others in order to gain some.

Are they confident in themselves, or do they lack self-confidence? Is it a peaceful criticism, or is it an angry criticism?

"Woe to the one who tells lies to make people laugh, woe to him" prophet Muhammad once said.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
This is a religious forum. Don’t you think as a religious person I have a right to ask what is wrong with those people who….? The cure of ignorance is to question, prophet Muhammad once said.

I believe some peoples world is upside down. What’s good is bad and what’s bad is good, and so lying becomes smart. What is wrong with those people who make up lies just to make people laugh? Is it not a form of a bully? To deceive others in order to gain some.

Are they confident in themselves, or do they lack self-confidence? Is it a peaceful criticism, or is it an angry criticism?

"Woe to the one who tells lies to make people laugh, woe to him" prophet Muhammad once said.
Don't you worry brother,most of the people here take your "what's the wrong" as joke because you repeat it many times in most of thread titles :)

I do feel and agree with you that some people are bad and lies,and use provoke comments.

Tumah

Veteran Member

I believe there are some people who think they are right and that other people who don't agree with them are wrong. This is because they think they are smart already and have the right answers. So they keep questioning the people who don't agree with them in order to make them realize they are wrong, rather than to gain more knowledge.

But prophet Machamudim once said, "If you think you are smart you are an ignorant idiot". And this is why people like that keep getting bullied.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

I see that you don't understand the concept of sarcasm. As perhaps one of the most sarcastic posters on RF, I know that sarcasm does not rely on lies to make poisoned barbs. Sarcasm uses the truth to get its point across. With sarcasm, in its purest form, what is said is not what is meant, and relies on the inherent understanding of the listener/reader to detect the irony - hence humor.

In person even, sarcasm isn't so easy to detect, as one has to know the person making the comment BECAUSE they sound like they are merely stating what they believe to be the truth. Often the voice used or the intonation is the only clue that something is completely sarcastic. Trust the king of sarcasm on RF. :)

For example, if you hear me sounding like Kermit the Frog with a Pakistani accent you can be almost certain that whatever I am saying is meant sarcastically.

Kirran

Premium Member
Technically sarcasm is lying. A lie is when the truth is not told.

Incorrect! Lying is when you give someone false information. Sarcasm is not a means of giving false information.

How can you not understand this? You live in the USA, right?

sovietchild

Incorrect! Lying is when you give someone false information. Sarcasm is not a means of giving false information.

How can you not understand this? You live in the USA, right?

Sarcasm is an open lie. Is it not? Sarcasm is the opposite of the truth for the purpose of humor.

sovietchild

I believe there are some people who think they are right and that other people who don't agree with them are wrong. This is because they think they are smart already and have the right answers. So they keep questioning the people who don't agree with them in order to make them realize they are wrong, rather than to gain more knowledge.

But prophet Machamudim once said, "If you think you are smart you are an ignorant idiot". And this is why people like that keep getting bullied.

What is Machamudim?