• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What I dislike about some of the posting habits here

Skwim

Veteran Member

Share your gripe, but no names or other identifying remarks please.

Mine:
People who don't identify the person or post they're replying to when it isn't immediately apparent. If you can't use the quote function then at least address your comment.​

Last edited:

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Starting the argument with specific examples and then moving to broad brush strokes when they are challenged. :mad:

Norman

Defender of Truth
Share your gripe, but no names or other identifying remarks please.

Mine:
People who don't identify the person or post they're replying to when it isn't immediately apparent. If you can't use the quote function at least address your comment.​

Norman: Hi Skwim, what is the "quote function?"

Skwim

Veteran Member
Poster who change what you said, in order to make a winnable argument.
They burn my bacon!

I also hate it when someone uses spinach enhanced intelligence to crush the opposition.

4516d08160425b.img.jpg

Now who ya supposin' that could be?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Norman: Hi Quetzal, what do you mean by "broad brush strokes whey they are challenged?"
For example, let's say we are debating who is the best cartoon character...
User 1: Bugs Bunny is the best cartoon character.
(Various users disagree and present evidence that suggests that Bugs Bunny is not, in fact, the best cartoon character. Evidence suggests that Marvin the Martin is the best cartoon character!)
User 1: Actually, what I really meant was that the Loony Tunes are the best cartoon characters. So, I was right! Ha-ha!

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
  1. People who overuse the word 'please', hoping to make themselves seem more polite.
  2. People who tell you you're wrong and don't explain why.
  3. People who ignore evidence that challenges their point of view.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
What frosts my socks is folks who move the goalposts and then pretend that is what they were meaning... for the moment, at least.
What ices my cake is when folks pretend to be interested in your comments and then slap you silly for daring to give them and that you are wrong, wrong, wrong... So wrong.

People who make hallucinatory posts, for lack of a better description, and then get all in a huff when people think they are a sandwich shy of a picnic

Most of the time if I read my old posts I think I come across as a smug ****. I dislike that.

Other than that, when someone makes you clarify your points and justify them with specific referencing over about 12 posts then once you have done that they simply ignore what you have said and insist their unsubstantiated opinion was correct all along

Last edited by a moderator: