• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What evidence for God

nonbeliever_92

"A bombardier beetle produces and stores two reactant chemical compounds, hydroquinone and hydrogen peroxide, in separate reservoirs in the rear tip of its abdomen..." Wiki

Clearly the ancestors of the bombardier beetle had been experimenting with various ways of bleaching their hair ( >hydrogen peroxide< ) and while smoking 'hydroquinone' discovered the massive rush of blowing themselves up... It was young Werner Von Bombardier Beetle who first realized the defensive potential of this chemical combination and sought to genetically engineer a race of blond haired beetles....

:ignore:
Bombardier Beetle Idol.:D

Cordoba

Simple, what evidence is there of there being a god, a higher being, or any of the like?

Your real existence on this earth is a sign of God's existence. Look around you, look at the heaven, the earth, the stars, the moon, the sun. Who is controlling this universe in a very accurate manner?

Look at your body and its sensitive systems and cells which govern it. These are sings of God's existence.

How did the universe come into being without a creator? How did the living being emerge? There must be a creator who is behind this flawless order of the universe.

The Neo Nerd

Your real existence on this earth is a sign of God's existence. Look around you, look at the heaven, the earth, the stars, the moon, the sun. Who is controlling this universe in a very accurate manner?

Look at your body and its sensitive systems and cells which govern it. These are sings of God's existence.

How did the universe come into being without a creator? How did the living being emerge? There must be a creator who is behind this flawless order of the universe.

OMG You're right. I have no idea how this universe came into existence, there must be a god.

-Q

P.S. Was that too sarcastic? I can never tell with these types of things.

Oh oh! Let this noob answer the easy questions.

Existence means God: No, simple as that, that is just a baseless assumption.

Heaven: What's Heaven?
Earth: Is a chunk of rocked formed by debris that clumped together after the ignition of our sun.
Moon: This was formed after a comet hit the earth on a hard angle, breaking off a chunk and forming, falling in a stable orbit around the earth.
Stars: See Sun-
Sun: Hydrogen clumped together and was forced in upon itself into a tight sphere, the gravity caused friction enough to raise the temperature to 15 million degrees, causing nuclear fission to occur.

The body was formed by millions of years of evolution, plenty of time to figure out systems that work, other words we would all spontaneously die.

The universe was created, more likely then not, by the big bang. Who says an eternal creator had to be behind it? Why not matter that is eternal, as there is NO evidence that the building blocks of matter EVER break down.

Chemical reactions occur on there own all the time, this could have formed simple life which then evolved, go buy sea monkey's.

And the universe is NOT in flawless order, in fact it's quite erratic, in fact in about 3 billion years we have a date with Andromeda.

The universe is around 14 billion years old

What brought it into existence?

You have heard of the big bang theory right? Matter is already super compressed in a black hole, there is no reason this couldn't be the second, or even third (or fourth or fifth or sixth) time that the universe was exploded into existence, before being crushed back to a point to be recycled again.

waitasec

Veteran Member
The universe is around 14 billion years old

What brought it into existence?

:shrug:
good question.

so god was hanging around for billions of years and all of a sudden decided to create life on this itsy bitsy planet...just so you can come with that conclusion?

doubt it.

good question.

so god was hanging around for billions of years and all of a sudden decided to create life on this itsy bitsy planet...just so you can come with that conclusion?

doubt it.

That doesn't cut it.

There are people who think a God created the universe then ditched out of boredom or some crap, and stuff kinda happened on its own.

Cordoba

good question.

doubt it.

The point is this universe is not eternal

It has a starting point, which was around 14 billion years ago

The physical laws which govern this amazing universe are not random laws, but very precise, and this should make us think ...

A consistent and logical possible reason is that there is an intelligent, mighty power which brought the universe into existence, and it would make sense that this power is "eternal" ...

waitasec

Veteran Member

The physical laws which govern this amazing universe are not random laws, but very precise, and this should make us think ...

A consistent and logical possible reason is that there is an intelligent, mighty power which brought the universe into existence, and it would make sense that this power is "eternal" ...

how do you know it it's not eternal? it is expanding...
how do you know these laws are not random?

truth is, my little life is insignificant when it comes to the indifference nature has proven itself to be...
watching the tsunami do what it did reminded me that in the scheme of it all, observing natural law, it wasn't any more different than the ripple affect of throwing a rock in a shallow pond...

And that being, could very well be, the flying spaghetti monster.

Wait, what does that have to do with anything regarding the size of the universe, which, I am very well aware of.

By the way, VY Canis Majoris is larger then Antares.

Cordoba

And that being, could very well be, the flying spaghetti monster.

Maybe

But did a (flying spaghetti monster) ever claim that it created the universe?

The only claim for creating the universe worth thinking of comes from God in His Divine Book

Maybe

But did a (flying spaghetti monster) ever claim that it created the universe?

The only claim for creating the universe worth thinking of comes from God in His Divine Book

And the only claim that he did so comes from man, I am a man, and my word is just as valid.

That is the beauty of my argument. *glee*

Actually no, that was pretentious. I'm sorry.

My point is that there is no proof he wrote the book. It is a work of fiction by man (my opinion) used, very affectively I might add, to control thought.

Cordoba

If you've read the Qur'an and come to that conclusion, that's your free choice

If however you have not then it's worth to read it with an open mind and reflect