• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What evidence for God

Subby

Simple, what evidence is there of there being a god, a higher being, or any of the like?

If the universe exists, what created the universe? If you choose that it randomly just created, you are in a contradiction.

To satisfy the logic necessarily something eternal exists by its own nature, if that isn't posited, you lead into contradiction, because nothing (prior to big bang) cannot create something (big bang).

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
If the universe exists, what created the universe? If you choose that it randomly just created, you are in a contradiction.

To satisfy the logic necessarily something eternal exists by its own nature, if that isn't posited, you lead into contradiction, because nothing (prior to big bang) cannot create something (big bang).

It did not just randomly create itself. basicaly because we dont know, would not be a good idea to use our imagination to justify the universes existance.

OP There is no evidence of any god.

since time began man has used his imagination to create gods and spirits to answer the questions in which he does not know.

there have been thousands of gods and myths in the last 200,000 year period.The only reason we know the omes we have is that modern man developed a language in which he got tired of writing on rock.

Once man started writing on papyrus and paper and animal skins, these are the lasting gods we are stuck with.

Subby

It did not just randomly create itself. basicaly because we dont know, would not be a good idea to use our imagination to justify the universes existance.

OP There is no evidence of any god.

since time began man has used his imagination to create gods and spirits to answer the questions in which he does not know.

there have been thousands of gods and myths in the last 200,000 year period.The only reason we know the omes we have is that modern man developed a language in which he got tired of writing on rock.

Once man started writing on papyrus and paper and animal skins, these are the lasting gods we are stuck with.

You do realize that because you claim not to know, that doesn't mean evidence for the non-existence of God. You have to interact with the proof and show it contradictory.

Subby

So start presenting something for us to interact with...

I already have, rofl.

This can be a time for atheists to shine! Give me your logical reasoning that you use to conclude the non-existence of God.

Last edited:

Subby

Still waiting for some evidence.

Then recognize arguments when they are presented right in front of your face. I have already presented one argument. Nobody has interfaced with that in any substantial way to show that my arguments lack logic. While I have shown that contradiction lies in the opposing argument.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Then recognize arguments when they are presented right in front of your face. I have already presented one argument. Nobody has interfaced with that in any substantial way to show that my arguments lack logic. While I have shown that contradiction lies in the opposing argument.

Your "argument" in post #2 is not evidence for the existence of god.
It is a rationalization for belief that god exists.

Subby

Your rationalization in post #2 is not evidence for the existence of god.

What else can adequately describe the existence of something rather than nothing? What other logical conclusion may one reach?

emptybe

Om Mani Padme Hum
Your "argument" in post #2 is not evidence for the existence of god.

That's all there is.. rationalizations.. There are NO facts either for or against the existence of gods.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
What else can adequately describe the existence of something rather than nothing? What other logical conclusion may one reach?
You are still merely trying to rationalize belief in god.

The OP is flat out asking for evidence.

Subby

You are still merely trying to rationalize rationalize belief in god.

The OP is flat out asking for evidence.

I am giving logical deduction based within nature. So again, interface with the arguments, don't just generalize the substance, engage it.