• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What evidence for God

The Neo Nerd

No, but I've read consistent theories on how water got to the Earth, and to be honest the world had to have been flooded in order for the "water" to embrace the Earth's gravitity.

Give me a link, I'll check it out :D

I believe I asked you a question, please oblige.

What question did you ask me?

Maury83

Harmony?

2 Samuel 23:8 These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time. (KJV) 1 Chronicles 11:11 And this is the number of the mighty men whom David had; Jashobeam, an Hachmonite, the chief of the captains: he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain by him at one time. (KJV) :shrug:
And this is only one of hundreds of examples of disharmony in the Bible.

First of all apologies for the delay in replying but I have been hectick at work....

The head one of David's thre most outstanding men was Jo'sheb-bas-she'beth (Jashobeam). (2 Sam 23:8) At 1 Chronicles 11:11 he is called Jashobeam, which is probably the more correct form. There are other scribal difficulties with the text in 2 Samuel 23:8, making it necessary for the obscure Hebrew in the Masoretic text (which appears to read, "He was Adino the Eznite") to be corrected to read "He was brandishing his spear". (NW) Other modern translations read similarly. (AT; RS; Mo; Ro; JB) Thus is made to agree with the book of Chronicles and with the construction pattern in this section of material. It is "the three" that are being dicussed, but to introduce another name, Adino, makes four. Additionally, each of the three mighty men has one of his deeds credited to him, so if the overpowering of the 800 were attributed to someone else, there would be no deed to be crdited here to Josheb-basshebeth (Jashobeam).
There is a possibility that the deed ascribed to Josheb-basshebeth at 2 Samuel 23:8 is not the same as that mentioned at 1 Chronicles 11:11. This may explain why the Samuel account speaks of 800 slain, whereas the Chronicles account refers to 300 slain.

Looncall

Do you even know what your talking about? :ignore:

It seems openmindedness escapes atheists as well.

Anyone with at least any consideration would of posted a link like I asked. But everyone seems to be having too much fun being a bully :D

A link ? To what?

What could "embrace the earth's gravity" possibly mean? Why do you have the word water in scare quotes? Why does what ever you think to be the origin of terrestrial water necessarily imply flooding?

Gibberish thoughout.

You are too used to mouthing absurdities. They are degrading your thinking.

Orias

Left Hand Path
What question did you ask me?

I asked you to provide me a link to the "Global Floods" thread.

What could "embrace the earth's gravity" possibly mean? Why do you have the word water in scare quotes? Why does what ever you think to be the origin of terrestrial water necessarily imply flooding?

Tis simple. A certain amount of water would of been needed in order for it to be substantiated throughout the Earth's gravitational pull.

This concept I speak of goes beyond the existence of Life on Earth as we know it.

Gibberish thoughout.

:biglaugh:

You are too used to mouthing absurdities. They are degrading your thinking.

You mock scientific theory?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
First of all apologies for the delay in replying but I have been hectick at work....

The head one of David's thre most outstanding men was Jo'sheb-bas-she'beth (Jashobeam). (2 Sam 23:8) At 1 Chronicles 11:11 he is called Jashobeam, which is probably the more correct form. There are other scribal difficulties with the text in 2 Samuel 23:8, making it necessary for the obscure Hebrew in the Masoretic text (which appears to read, "He was Adino the Eznite") to be corrected to read "He was brandishing his spear". (NW) Other modern translations read similarly. (AT; RS; Mo; Ro; JB) Thus is made to agree with the book of Chronicles and with the construction pattern in this section of material. It is "the three" that are being dicussed, but to introduce another name, Adino, makes four. Additionally, each of the three mighty men has one of his deeds credited to him, so if the overpowering of the 800 were attributed to someone else, there would be no deed to be crdited here to Josheb-basshebeth (Jashobeam).
There is a possibility that the deed ascribed to Josheb-basshebeth at 2 Samuel 23:8 is not the same as that mentioned at 1 Chronicles 11:11. This may explain why the Samuel account speaks of 800 slain, whereas the Chronicles account refers to 300 slain.

Ya gotta love apologetics.

Looncall

Tis simple. A certain amount of water would of been needed in order for it to be substantiated throughout the Earth's gravitational pull.

Still gibberish! How about expressing yourself clearly, without the high-flown language?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
You mock scientific theory?
Technically, that's not a Scientific Theory, it's a Scientific Hypothesis.

And it does not support a "worldwide flood". There is no evidence that suggests that at any point in the earths history the entire surface of the planet was covered with water.

Now, back to the OP...

diosangpastol

Dios - ang - Pastol
Evidence of God !

1. how could the bombardier beetle know how to mix certain chemicals in it's body to make an explosions millions of years before INTELLIGENT humans understood it?

did it guess?
was it by accident? if so how could a species pounce on this accident by evolving with it?

2.) human intellect actually distinguishes us from animals!

--so if the human intellect could have the notion of a Supreme Being it runs contrary to your notion in #1

also, consider LOVE, would you give you life for your children? maybe not, that runs contrary to biological self preservation, especially for INTELLIGENT beings like yourself

3.) the Bible is not inconsistent, an unhealthy understanding of Biblical stories is the culprit

4.)the Bible speaks something close to this. one of the greatest physicist is NOT AN ATHEIST----Albert Einstein

Simple, what evidence is there of there being a god, a higher being, or any of the like?

When asking for evidence for God you are asking for evidence derived from experiment or observation which could only be explained by invoking a supernatural agent. There are two problems with this. Firstly supernatural explanations aren't really explanations at all but rather ignorance of a particular set of observations or experimental results parcelled up and given the label supernatural. Secondly invoking a supernatural agent is making a unjustified assumption that we will never have a naturalistic understanding a particular observation or experimental result.

To search for evidence of God is to glorify ignorance and discourage investigation.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
was it by accident? if so how could a species pounce on this accident by evolving with it?
It had tens of trillions goes at it. Remember, you can win the lottery 5 times in a row if you have enough tries.
also, consider LOVE, would you give you life for your children? maybe not, that runs contrary to biological self preservation, especially for INTELLIGENT beings like yourself
It runs against self-preservation, but it doesn't run against gene preservation, which is more important.

3.) the Bible is not inconsistent, an unhealthy understanding of Biblical stories is the culprit

4.)the Bible speaks something close to this. one of the greatest physicist is NOT AN ATHEIST----Albert Einstein
The Bible describes the "4 corners of the earth." This cannot be reconciled with reality in any sane fashion.

Looncall

Evidence of God !

1. how could the bombardier beetle know how to mix certain chemicals in it's body to make an explosions millions of years before INTELLIGENT humans understood it?

did it guess?

--so if the human intellect could have the notion of a Supreme Being it runs contrary to your notion in #1

I hope you have a good dentist, your teeth will soon wear out the way you lie through them.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Evidence of God !

did it guess?

Duane Gish and some other creationists claim that the various components needed to make the system work could not have evolved, because they believe the components provide no benefit in themselves and therefore the entire system would have to have been created at once. Others, such as intelligent-design creationist Michael Behe and Answers in Genesis, accept most of the scientific view but contend that "complexity" suggests an origin by design.[6] Contrary to these creationist views, all necessary intermediate stages have been found in extant beetles within or closely related to the bombardier beetle family, with each intermediate giving a definite advantage to the organism

Bombardier beetle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yes it is true, humans do posses a sense of imagination
:facepalm:

polyhedral...covered that

if you consider skepticism unhealthy

this is another really good indication of the typical tactics one would revert to when feeling cornered...dishonesty

consider the following...
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man. (Albert Einstein)

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. (Albert Einstein, 1954)

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings. (Albert Einstein)

Orias

Left Hand Path
Still gibberish! How about expressing yourself clearly, without the high-flown language?

I am not at fault for your inability to withstand language and the following criteria. If it is "high-flown" language, then perhaps you should step up your game :D

Didn't you know? A meteor crashing into Earth would need the perfect quantity and mass in order for the after effects to remain within the Earth's gravity, otherwise it would just get flung off into space.

Technically, that's not a Scientific Theory, it's a Scientific Hypothesis.

Of course, it would take a tremendous effort to reproduce such effects :D

And it does not support a "worldwide flood". There is no evidence that suggests that at any point in the earths history the entire surface of the planet was covered with water.

Now, back to the OP...

Of course, it hasn't been taken into consideration that 70.78% of the Earth's surface is covered in water. With all of the falling rain and liquid in our bodies, everyone should of guessed that we are alive because the sun parches our very skin.

Though, this only appeals to those who "know" that we cannot view the "original" sediment layers of the Earth. We are limited to what see, by means of observing sediment layers that date back to the beginning of life, not the beginning of the Earth.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Of course, it hasn't been taken into consideration that 70.78% of the Earth's surface is covered in water. With all of the falling rain and liquid in our bodies, everyone should of guessed that we are alive because the sun parches our very skin.

Though, this only appeals to those who "know" that we cannot view the "original" sediment layers of the Earth. We are limited to what see, by means of observing sediment layers that date back to the beginning of life, not the beginning of the Earth.

As I said, and with all subjective speculation aside, there is no evidence that suggests that at any point in the earths history the entire surface of the planet was covered with water.

Looncall

I am not at fault for your inability to withstand language and the following criteria. If it is "high-flown" language, then perhaps you should step up your game :D

Didn't you know? A meteor crashing into Earth would need the perfect quantity and mass in order for the after effects to remain within the Earth's gravity, otherwise it would just get flung off into space.

Of course, it would take a tremendous effort to reproduce such effects :D

Gibberish again.

What do you mean by perfect? Why are you discussing meteors all of a sudden?

We are alive because we are drying out? Balderdash!

Why the scare quotes around the word know?

Rocks have been found that are much older than the first ocurrance of life here.

I find it amusing that ignorance produces such confidence.

Wombat

Evidence of God !

did it guess?

"A bombardier beetle produces and stores two reactant chemical compounds, hydroquinone and hydrogen peroxide, in separate reservoirs in the rear tip of its abdomen..." Wiki

Clearly the ancestors of the bombardier beetle had been experimenting with various ways of bleaching their hair ( >hydrogen peroxide< ) and while smoking 'hydroquinone' discovered the massive rush of blowing themselves up... It was young Werner Von Bombardier Beetle who first realized the defensive potential of this chemical combination and sought to genetically engineer a race of blond haired beetles....

:ignore: