• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does it mean to search for the truth?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Absolutely! Based on your previous posts, I assumed that you weren't really talking about things like scientific proof in this thread. More like spiritual truth?
With me spiritual truth is the only true truth i seek :) scientific truth is nothing i seek

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Isn't the truth, "what is"? Do we really need to know this? I mean after all, it's all around us all the time. Isn't our being in it, and part of it, truth enough for us?

No, because we want control of it. And that's the truth. The truth of us.
I think i said it in this thread, i do not seek the "truth" on this earth. I seek only spiritual truth

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Repetition of the word “Water” doesn’t cool down thirst because the word “Water” is NOT “Water” itself.

Similarly, the repetition of “Truth/God” doesn’t cool down thirst because the word “Truth/God” is NOT “Truth/God” itself.

One need to consume Truth/God in order to cool down that thirst. :)

Nice

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
With me spiritual truth is the only true truth i seek :) scientific truth is nothing i seek

When I think about spiritual things I always start by asking myself what I VALUE. For example, I value honesty, a clean environment, the golden rule, and so on.

shivsomashekhar

I spoken a lot about seeking or searching for the truth.
But what am i actually searching for :confused:

What is that truth actually?

This is the first question everyone should ask - but few actually do.

People jump into their quest for the "truth" without pausing to ask themselves where and how they decided that there is a truth to discover. Usually, the truth is something given to you by someone else (religion, Guru, etc) and you dumb yourself down to simply accept it. But how can that be the truth?

There is no hidden truth to discover. The truth is "what is". It is available instantly to all people - without discrimination and without the need for agents.

The real problem is boredom or dissatisfaction with life. This is what drives people to look for something more interesting, more permanent and so long as there are people who have this need, there will be suppliers in the form of religious and spiritual masters to cater to this need - through their own conceptions of truth, heaven, mindfulness, meditation, moksha and so on.

If you can accept life as-is, then there is no need for such a quest. You will no longer have to put your faith in the words other people/religions. You simply live your life as best as you can.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I spoken a lot about seeking or searching for the truth.
But what am i actually searching for :confused:

What is that truth actually?
If i knew the truth i would not need to ask for it
I think i said it in this thread, i do not seek the "truth" on this earth. I seek only spiritual truth

Putting together three posts, I'm left with an image of you on a journey. We can offer our perspectives, but only you can find and become what you are seeking. Only by becoming what you are seeking will you finally be the answer to your question.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Putting together three posts, I'm left with an image of you on a journey. We can offer our perspectives, but only you can find and become what you are seeking. Only by becoming what you are seeking will you finally be the answer to your question.
I lost my track, not because of my change to Islam, but i dont understand the physical world

MNoBody

I do not know the answer, if i did i would never asked
the conscious part of a man is said to be the tiniest sliver of awareness,
the sub-conscious is a whole other domain, yet still contained in the same set.
just encouraging you to dig inside in the 'unknown' department where likely, you will find more than you ever imagined.:)

QuestioningMind

For me the truth is in the teaching of Islam. It tells what we need to do to get in to heaven. That is all that matter to understand and practice ( to me)

Okay... but can you define what you mean by spiritual and can you provide an example of a spiritual truth?