• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you miss about the old RF

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
I am very pleased that Rex has returned and brings back his leadership to the forum....I look forward to learning more about his new vision for the forum.....he reminds me of Marcus Lemonis of "The Profit"....I believe within a short time...he will return the forum to positive cash earnings !!.....but he knows our core competency...."interfaith dialogue"......:D

Last edited:

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I haven't mentioned this because I thought it may just be one of my plugins interfering with it. But now that I know it isn't just me, it's easier to say the quoting feature of this forum software sucks. As much as we pull from outside sources, a button that adds the quote code tags in the text editor should have been a top priority, but rather it's entirely absent.

I wonder if @Infinitum can script it :p

Brent W

Resident Tech Guy
We have a quote button

Screenshot_2014-12-31-15-05-17.png

GoodbyeDave

I find this forum interface very clunky compared with the old one. Compared, with anything, in fact: there are half a dozen forums I visit regularly and more I use occasionally, and this now has by far the worst interface.

I have managed to stop it running in wounded snail mode though, by turning off javascript. But I have to turn it on again to log out!

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
I find this forum interface very clunky compared with the old one. Compared, with anything, in fact: there are half a dozen forums I visit regularly and more I use occasionally, and this now has by far the worst interface.

I have managed to stop it running in wounded snail mode though, by turning off javascript. But I have to turn it on again to log out!
Oh well...I guess we have to wait for Xenforo v.2015....it will cost more, use more memory, run slower, and have less functionality....:D

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I miss a lot
Who' online option , and saw if there someone read your thread , or what they read imediatly

plus
location and (male/female) gender

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I appreciate the Alerts, and absolutely love that I can upload photos to posts if I need to.

I don't mind the ads, and even click on some of them.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What I hate is the openness of this new forum. Must there really be live video feed from the web cam in OldBadger's bedroom?

dust1n

Zindīq
Oh man... Remember when you could see where people were from, so you could at least half way decipher their words better?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Why wouldn't ya? They are geared towards your internet habits.
Yep!
And if you deliberately google ads with useful tables and charts, that's what you get to see regularly on RF. You can manipulate the ads quite a lot. :)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Can you do it directly from your Picture Library file? If so, how?
Hi Skwim...
1. Take a picture with your camera and download it to your docs, or wherever.. (a polite one!:D)
2. Write your post.
3. Click on 'Upload a file' the blue box next to the 'post reply' box.
4. You will be directed to your computer files, where you can click on that photo.
5. It will take about thirty seconds to upload the pic to RF,
6. You will then be asked to choose either thumbnail or full size picture inclusion.
7. Now click on 'post reply'

Really really brilliant addition to RF.!!!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Admit it......... I've brought new excitement into your love life.
Aye....tis like watching a National Geographic show about weird & frightening practices of wild peoples. I never knew a hedgehog could be used that way!