• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you do in Heaven?

mr.guy

crapsack
Kowalski said:
Heaven doesn't exist, has anybody come back to say how wonderful it all is ??, NO, so it exists only in the minds of wishful thinkers.
What happens if we apply this to black holes? Then again, if anybody could come back from that, they'd look a mess.

Kowalski said:
What is going to happen, is your atoms will, your small amount of energy, will be disapated back into the World from whence it came, and maybe, just maybe, it float of into the cold darl emptiness of space, Second Law of Thermodynamics. Energy cannot be destroyed, only changed. Usually from useful energy into non-useful energy.
Please, explain the second law as it pertains to black holes.

Kowalski said:
Heaven and Hell are one and same ,total and utter oblivion.
Kinda like some of these posts.

Kowalski

mr.guy said:
What happens if we apply this to black holes? Then again, if anybody could come back from that, they'd look a mess.

Please, explain the second law as it pertains to black holes.

Kinda like some of these posts.
Your quite the joker MR Guy ain't ya, people come back from a black lol, and are these people going to get there pray tell, oh your an athiest, so I shouldn't ask you to pray, just tell please.

As far as the Second law of Thermodyamics is concerned, nobody is really sure if the classical laws hold good inside a black hole, but since you ask, let's see what an expert has to say shall we ? Good, OK, we shall indeed.

"
In comparing the laws of black hole mechanics in classical general relativity with the laws of thermodynamics, it should first be noted that the black hole uniqueness theorems establish that stationary black holes - i.e., black holes ``in equilibrium'' - are characterized by a small number of parameters, analogous to the ``state parameters'' of ordinary thermodynamics. In the corresponding laws, the role of energy, E, is played by the mass, M, of the black hole; the role of temperature, T, is played by a constant times the surface gravity,
img23.gif
, of the black hole; and the role of entropy, S, is played by a constant times the area, A, of the black hole. The fact that E and M represent the same physical quantity provides a strong hint that the mathematical analogy between the laws of black hole mechanics and the laws of thermodynamics might be of physical significance. However, as argued in [ this cannot be the case in classical general relativity. The physical temperature of a black hole is absolute zero so there can be no physical relationship between T and
img23.gif
. Consequently, it also would be inconsistent to assume a physical relationship between S and A . As we shall now see, this situation changes dramatically when quantum effects are taken into account.

The Thermodynamics of Black Holes
Robert M. Wald
http://www.livingreviews.org/lrr-2001-6
© Max-Planck-Gesellschaft. ISSN 1433-8351

I don't think that this is the a thread in which to discuss quantum theories and Black holes. By the way, are Black holes your heaven ? or your hell ?

Cheers

K

mr.guy

crapsack
Kowalski said:
Your quite the joker MR Guy ain't ya, people come back from a black lol, and are these people going to get there pray tell, oh your an athiest, so I shouldn't ask you to pray, just tell please.
I've read this a couple times, but i'm afraid i can't make much sense of it. Please restate.

Kowalski said:
As far as the Second law of Thermodyamics is concerned, nobody is really sure if the classical laws hold good inside a black hole,...
Thank you for the reply. Now that you've indulged me, please advise on how the second law of thermodynamics debunk heaven.

Kowalski said:
I don't think that this is the a thread in which to discuss quantum theories and Black holes.
Far be it from me to insist on this focus. I'm utterly unqualified to even splash around in the shallow end of physics at large.

Kowalski said:
By the way, are Black holes your heaven ? or your hell ?
Shoot me out a rocket to find out, i suppose...although i recall being pretty frightened of them when i was little. Strange, as i wonder why i thought i'd be coming across them all that much in the first place.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Meesheltx said:
For those of you who believe in an afterlife and an actual place where souls go, what do you believe that it is like? Is its an actual other world where spirits interact with eachother? Are there physical attributes to it? Are there any activities other then worship? I would hope so...I wouldn't want to believe that God made heaven just so spirits could spend all eternity worshipping him. As humans, we have so much potential to do great and wonderful things, I would hate to see that wasted on praise rather than helping somebody/something. Anyway...just curious what kind of Heaven is in everyone's minds.
Funny thing about that...I posed a similar question a while back (in my nascent days here in REF), in the thread entitled: "So what’s so great about a Christian heaven?"
I suspect that you may find the responses there as unsatisfying as the ones you may garner here...;-)

Kowalski

mr.guy said:
I've read this a couple times, but i'm afraid i can't make much sense of it. Please restate.

Thank you for the reply. Now that you've indulged me, please advise on how the second law of thermodynamics debunk heaven.

Far be it from me to insist on this focus. I'm utterly unqualified to even splash around in the shallow end of physics at large.

Shoot me out a rocket to find out, i suppose...although i recall being pretty frightened of them when i was little. Strange, as i wonder why i thought i'd be coming across them all that much in the first place.
well, Mr Guy, if you can't much sense of it, that's because of your obvious limitations.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics hasn't nothing to with heaven, which is, as I've already stated, a construct of the human mind, that is, it is a psychological sop to counter he fear of death and that this life is all there is, which indeed it is.

Cheers

K

may

Merlin said:
That is still a lot of kings to rule one little world, especially a world where there is no war, no hunger, no thirst, no famine, no illness, in fact no problems at all
you better ask God about that one , he is more wise than all of them. but then again it looks like as there will be no more war , famine, illness, in fact no problems at all ,they must be looking to the right source for guideance :)

may

Kowalski said:
Heaven doesn't exist, has anybody come back to say how wonderful it all is ??, NO, so it exists only in the minds of wishful thinkers.

What is going to happen, is your atoms will, your small amount of energy, will be disapated back into the World from whence it came, and maybe, just maybe, it float of into the cold darl emptiness of space, Second Law of Thermodynamics. Energy cannot be destroyed, only changed. Usually from useful energy into non-useful energy.

Heaven and Hell are one and same ,total and utter oblivion.

Cheers

K
Jehovah God is dynamic energy(Isaiah 40 26)

Merlin

may said:
you better ask God about that one , he is more wise than all of them. but then again it looks like as there will be no more war , famine, illness, in fact no problems at all ,they must be looking to the right source for guideance :)
But as this thread asks the question 'what will people do in heaven'. With no problems to solve or illnesses to cure, there will be a distinct absence of tasks. What does your denomination think we will actually do with our time?

may

Merlin said:
But as this thread asks the question 'what will people do in heaven'. With no problems to solve or illnesses to cure, there will be a distinct absence of tasks. What does your denomination think we will actually do with our time?
when the bible tells us that they will rule as kings and priests , that is what they will do i supose, we can only go by what the bible says we do not go beyond that ,and it says it will be for a thousand years, i suppose it will take that long to get the earth and those on it perfect again.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Merlin said:
if you are up for it, read revelations

i can't remember where this particular part is, but it says their were 12 old men, and two lions (i think, i really can't remember, or find it) and the main message is that in heaven, they can see all of Gods power and glory, andall they WANT to do is fall at his feat and worship him in all the ways they can imagine

this is a very sketchy post, i have been intending to read revelations anyway, so when i find it i will post it - promise

im sure i didn't dream it.......

C_P

Merlin

corrupt_priest said:
if you are up for it, read revelations

i can't remember where this particular part is, but it says their were 12 old men, and two lions (i think, i really can't remember, or find it) and the main message is that in heaven, they can see all of Gods power and glory, andall they WANT to do is fall at his feat and worship him in all the ways they can imagine

this is a very sketchy post, i have been intending to read revelations anyway, so when i find it i will post it - promise

im sure i didn't dream it.......

C_P
It sounds a pretty boring way to spend eternity. In fact, I have not yet heard of a human description of what they believe heaven will be like that does not sound appalling.

PS

I wouldn't waste your time on revelations. It's gibberish. the only good thing about it, is you can read into it whatever you like.

Merlin

may said:
when the bible tells us that they will rule as kings and priests , that is what they will do i supose, we can only go by what the bible says we do not go beyond that ,and it says it will be for a thousand years, i suppose it will take that long to get the earth and those on it perfect again.
Okay, but what do the ordinary citizens Do? Assuming, that the rulers are busy ruling, what do the rest of us do?

may

Merlin said:
Okay, but what do the ordinary citizens Do? Assuming, that the rulers are busy ruling, what do the rest of us do?
we will inherit the earth as the bible tells us , if we have died we have a resurrection not into heaven but on to the new earth
But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell ...2 peter 3;13

and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous ... acts 24;15

But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth

And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace...psalm 37;11

(Matthew 5:5) "Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth

Aqualung

Tasty
Yes, you did a good job of telling us that we would get to earth, but you didn't answer what we would do there. Walk around? Listen to music? What?

may

Aqualung said:
Yes, you did a good job of telling us that we would get to earth, but you didn't answer what we would do there. Walk around? Listen to music? What?
LOL live life to the full with out the influence of satan ,that will be a new earth thats for sure
And he(God) will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away:clap REVELATION 21;4

Merlin

may said:
LOL live life to the full with out the influence of satan ,that will be a new earth thats for sure
And he(God) will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away:clap REVELATION 21;4

Wouldn't it be easier, just to say "I have no idea what we will do after Armageddon".

There will certainly be very little work about

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Merlin said:
It sounds a pretty boring way to spend eternity.
you miss the point, the fact that we will see the puest power we have ever seen, is that we will just want to worship it non stop

In fact, I have not yet heard of a human description of what they believe heaven will be like that does not sound appalling.
appalling to who? i find the idea of discovoring the ultimate source of power rather intruiging

PS
I wouldn't waste your time on revelations. It's gibberish. the only good thing about it, is you can read into it whatever you like.
well, i'l just read the words, and then take it form there ;)

Aqualung

Tasty
corrupt_priest said:
you miss the point, the fact that we will see the puest power we have ever seen, is that we will just want to worship it non stop
A good analogy to illustrate C_P's point is this - Have you ever gone to a concert with a group that you just love? All you can do is stare at the stage. You don't run around the stadium doing "fun" stuff, because just being their in your seat watching the concert is way funner than anything you could do. C_P is saying it will be kind of like that in heaven. You will be in the presence of such a great being, that what more could you want to do?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Meesheltx said:
For those of you who believe in an afterlife and an actual place where souls go, what do you believe that it is like? Is its an actual other world where spirits interact with eachother? Are there physical attributes to it? Are there any activities other then worship? I would hope so...I wouldn't want to believe that God made heaven just so spirits could spend all eternity worshipping him. As humans, we have so much potential to do great and wonderful things, I would hate to see that wasted on praise rather than helping somebody/something. Anyway...just curious what kind of Heaven is in everyone's minds.
Hi, Meesheltx. Wow, I hardly know where to start. I definitely believe there is an afterlife. I believe that Heaven is an actual place where spirits interact with each other -- except that I believe that by the time we get to Heaven, we will be resurrected beings with glorified, physical bodies. So we won't just be spirits. I'm confident that, while we will certainly continue to worship God, there will be many, many more things for us to do that just that. I'm with you in thinking that God didn't create us so that He'd have someone to worship Him. I believe His purpose in creating us was 100% unselfish. He wants us to be as happy as we can possibly be and progress as far as we can possibly progress.

I have a book that I bought awhile back. I'll bet you'd love it. It's called A Travel Guide to Heaven. The author is a Christian, but I haven't been able to figure out which denomination, if any, he is. (I've been able to determine that he is not a member of my denomination, because there are several statements he makes which are contrary to my beliefs. On the other hand, I've found that I agree with him on many points.) Anyway, he attempts, in this book, to use the Bible to answer some of the questions Christians commonly ask about Heaven. Some of the chapters are called: "Luxury Accommodations -- Your New Body," "Our Fellow Travelers," "Till Death Do Us Part?," "Do All Dogs Go to Heaven?," "Rest in Peace? NOT!," "The Vacation that Never Ends." If you'd like, I can post a brief summary of what he says in each chapter (one at a time) and we can discuss what he has to say. I don't want to bother if nobody's interested, but if anyone is, I'd be happy to.