• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you do in Heaven?

Meesheltx

For those of you who believe in an afterlife and an actual place where souls go, what do you believe that it is like? Is its an actual other world where spirits interact with eachother? Are there physical attributes to it? Are there any activities other then worship? I would hope so...I wouldn't want to believe that God made heaven just so spirits could spend all eternity worshipping him. As humans, we have so much potential to do great and wonderful things, I would hate to see that wasted on praise rather than helping somebody/something. Anyway...just curious what kind of Heaven is in everyone's minds.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
As I said in another thread, Heaven is being in the presence of God. It is not a Place.
We will do nothing as we know it . When we return to and become one with God, we shall be and do as he wills it.

Terry________________________---
Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Meesheltx said:
For those of you who believe in an afterlife and an actual place where souls go, what do you believe that it is like? Is its an actual other world where spirits interact with eachother? Are there physical attributes to it? Are there any activities other then worship? I would hope so...I wouldn't want to believe that God made heaven just so spirits could spend all eternity worshipping him. As humans, we have so much potential to do great and wonderful things, I would hate to see that wasted on praise rather than helping somebody/something. Anyway...just curious what kind of Heaven is in everyone's minds.
According to what i believe in there is no such a thing called worshipping in heaven but to enjoy and get reward for our deeds and worshipping in this current short life.:)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
i get to spend eternity with my friends, Rachel, "X-men Legends 2:Rise of Apocolypse", and an infinite supply of that wacky tobaccy!:jam:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I hope I will see all those I love who have died; that we be reuinited. I'm not sure if God has a playroom, or a work rota though!:D

As Terry has said, the principle is being with God; after that, who cares ?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
michel said:
I hope I will see all those I love who have died; that we be reuinited.

excatly :clap

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
michel said:
I hope I will see all those I love who have died; that we be reuinited. I'm not sure if God has a playroom, or a work rota though!:D

Frubal worthy...:clap

~Victor

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
retrorich said:
You float around on a cloud and eat bagels with strawberry cream cheese. :)
Well, at least you give the advertizers the confidence of knowing you remember both the ad and the product!:biglaugh:

edit: I had this horrendous urge to say, in answer to the thread title "I don't know, I am not there":D

gtrsgrls

The Bible doesn't talk too much about heaven.Maybe if it did it wouldn't be as cool when we get there.Or maybe it's going to be so wonderful our minds wouldn't be able to comprehend it.I believe the latter.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
gtrsgrls said:
The Bible doesn't talk too much about heaven.Maybe if it did it wouldn't be as cool when we get there.Or maybe it's going to be so wonderful our minds wouldn't be able to comprehend it.I believe the latter.
I think that latter part of your answer is the most likely reason; as in the same way that there is negligible descriptions of God - simply because the concept would be way over our heads...........I wish I was taller....:biglaugh:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I believe Summer Land is a place similiar to this world, minus the pains of it. You can do anything you want, have anything, and live a care free life with the worries being no bigger than "do I go swimming after I smoke this bowl or play my bass?"

Merlin

Terrywoodenpic said:
As I said in another thread, Heaven is being in the presence of God. It is not a Place.
We will do nothing as we know it . When we return to and become one with God, we shall be and do as he wills it.

Terry________________________---
Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you.
Surely that should read "as we will it", not as He wills it. If we returned to and become one with God, then we are God.

Merlin

The Truth said:
According to what i believe in there is no such a thing called worshipping in heaven but to enjoy and get reward for our deeds and worshipping in this current short life.:)
That doesn't answer the original question. What will people do in paradise?

may

According to the bible, those who are going to heaven will be kings ruling over the earth ...(revelation 5;10.)....(luke 12;32.)...(Daniel 7;27)....(James 2 ;5.).....(2;timothy 2;12.)....(revelation 20;6).......(revelation 20;4)

Merlin

retrorich said:
You float around on a cloud and eat bagels with strawberry cream cheese. :)
In that case, I am changing to atheism. I love strawberry cream cheese.

Merlin

may said:
According to the bible, those who are going to heaven will be kings ruling over the earth ...(revelation 5;10.)....(luke 12;32.)...(Daniel 7;27)....(James 2 ;5.).....(2;timothy 2;12.)....(revelation 20;6).......(revelation 20;4)

How many kings? Will the earth be divided up into sections with each one having a bit of the earth.

Will there be any Queens? Or do only men go to heaven

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
UU heaven: where the coffee flows freely, books are plentiful and there's always a committe meeting or class going on somewhere. :D

Aqualung

Tasty
Maize said:
UU heaven: where the coffee flows freely, books are plentiful and there's always a committe meeting or class going on somewhere.
:eek: Coffee in heaven?! I don't think so. :tsk: :biglaugh: