• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what do you call a person who knows that god exists except that person hate god.

melanieeeee.

procrastinator
he knows god exists because he has experienced his presence. i dont think he thinks that god is evil he wouldnt tell me why he hates god he just said its a personal reason.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
he knows god exists because he has experienced his presence. i dont think he thinks that god is evil he wouldnt tell me why he hates god he just said its a personal reason.

Probably call him "almost atheist." He needs to channel his anger into considering that maybe God seems so heartless because he isn't even there, and how could he make life fair, when he doesn't exist?

melanieeeee.

procrastinator
i dont think it was a process over time. i think it was an actual event that triggered his hatred towards god. because before [insert date here] he was more religious than most people i have met. he still acknowledges that he exists though.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
i dont think it was a process over time. i think it was an actual event that triggered his hatred towards god. because before [insert date here] he was more religious than most people i have met.

Hmm, so do you think this decision is something that is right for him and you should just let him be? I understand you wanna help your friend but sometimes that can do more harm than good.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
i dont think it was a process over time. i think it was an actual event that triggered his hatred towards god. because before [insert date here] he was more religious than most people i have met. he still acknowledges that he exists though.

He may turn atheist eventually though. A lot of people probably turn atheist because they notice that life is completely unfair. I notice a lot of rich people who never have to worry about anything believe in god, because they've never had any reason to question it. :D (poor people do too though... I'm not saying anything mean about people who believe in god)

melanieeeee.

procrastinator
He may turn atheist eventually though. A lot of people probably turn atheist because they notice that life is completely unfair. I notice a lot of rich people who never have to worry about anything believe in god, because they've never had any reason to question it. :D (poor people do too though... I'm not saying anything mean about people who believe in god)

im not rich and i believe in god. btw the guy that i am referring to is incredibly rich lol. his sister goes to a boarding school when really she lives 10 mins away from home. anywho god gave us free will for a reason. really we are the ones deciding how money/ the economy works.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
anywho god gave us free will for a reason. really we are the ones deciding how money/ the economy works.

Many would disagree with that statement. Myself included. I guess there are so many people living in poverty because they don't want to have money then. Hey!! Homeless people living in the streets and starving to death... Uh... you can decide to have money... so do it. :D

Anyway, I don't know what your friend's deal is, or what title you should call him, but you don't need a title for everything. I notice a lot of people like giving titles to everything so they can categorize everyone and everything. There's really no need.

Reiðrœska

Voice deeper than Thor's
btw: he (my friend) isnt a satanist because my he does not support/worship the devil.

<RAAAAAAAAAAGE!> Satanists don't support/worship the devil. Satanists don't believe in "the devil". </RAAAAAAAAAAGE!>

Anyway, I know a maltheist. She's a Jewish girl who hates God for letting so many people die in the holocaust. But to be honest, I don't think she really does believe in God.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
What do you call a person who knows that god exists except that person hate god.
btw: he (my friend) isnt a satanist because my he does not support/worship the devil.
1. It is highly improbable that your friend "knows" that "god" exists, although it would be reasonable to conclude that he believes that god exists.
2. I don't see how hating something that one cannot be certain even exists is even rational.
3. Oddly, Satanists do not, as a rule, hate "god".
4. There is also the possibility that he has thought about a predefined view of god that does not align with his idea of what is right. Things like: "Why does god let people suffer?" "Why does god inflict natural disasters on people if he cares so much for them?" "Why are believers in god held accountable and yet got gets away with murder?" etc...

If that is the case then perhaps it is just a sign that he should re-evaluate his god concept so that it is more in line with what he thinks, rather than how other people tell him god is.

What would I call him? Confused springs to mind.

Last edited:

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.

Can you be sure it was not just his imagination?

I would imagine that experiencing god would be one entirely of love, and would give no cause for hate.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
What do you call a person who knows that god exists except that person hate god.

1. It is highly improbable that your friend "knows" that "god" exists, although it would be reasonable to conclude that he believes that god exists.
2. I don't see how hating something that one cannot be certain even exists is even rational.
3. Oddly, Satanists do not, as a rule, hate "god".
4. There is also the possibility that he has thought about a predefined view of god that does not align with his idea of what is right. Things like: "Why does god let people suffer?" "Why does god inflict natural disasters on people if he cares so much for them?" "Why are believers in god held accountable and yet got gets away with murder?" ect...

If that is the case then perhaps it is just a sign that he should re-evaluate his god concept so that it is more in line with what he thinks, rather than how other people tell him god is.

What would I call him? Confused springs to mind.
1. Let's asume he believes in God then.
2. Isn't that the same with loving then? Isn't it like your own father, whom lots of people love, but it's not unlikelly that you can hate your own father..

He could think that God must have created this place, but did a terrible job. maybe on purpose..

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
2. Isn't that the same with loving then? Isn't it like your own father, whom lots of people love, but it's not unlikelly that you can hate your own father..
I would suggest that entertaining conflicting emotions about a given thing demonstrates a distinct lack of ability to be objective.

He could think that God must have created this place, but did a terrible job. maybe on purpose..
That may be, but I think it would be better to either review ones beliefs about such a god or dispense with the idea altogether.