• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what do you call a person who knows that god exists except that person hate god.

Random

Misotheism is hatred for God, or a deity (deities) in general. Hatred of God or gods. Goes with misanthropy to give foundation to the perfect Satanist.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
btw: he (my friend) isnt a satanist because my he does not support/worship the devil.

I'm sure others have answered adequately, but I just wanted to point out that not all satanists worship the devil. In fact, I believe the majority of them do not.

Nade

Godless Skeptic
I am a HUMAN BEEEIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGLGGG!!!!!!!!
Why must you pick on me? *sniff*

.lava

Veteran Member
hi :)

3:86 How shall Allah guide a people who disbelieved after their believing and (after) they had borne witness that the Messenger was true and clear arguments had come to them; and Allah does not guide the unjust people.

according to our knowledge, more than 10% of people are chosen by God even though they were Satanists. one's label is not what God cares for. the rest of humanity (nearly 10%) are not chosen. because they prevent people reaching the right path that leads to God. in other words, people enter hell because of their misguidance which is done knowingly but in some cases it is done unknowingly. God knows who's who. but this verse above is about those who knew the truth but still fight against it.

To Melanieeeee:
You're Catholic. No, that's fine. I DO have the most favoritism towards the Catholic-communities because at least 40-50% are open-minded-liberals. ... But !! ,... I am an Ultra-Orthodox-Chassidic-Jew living in Jerusalem (i'm from Philly/ Philadelphia), so Please Don't EVER lecture me on the Torah/ Bible/ Scriptures/ whatever!, for I am a man of the sciences, and I Too have also read the New-Covenant at least 7 to 8 times, word for word, from beginning to end ...
Ah right, my statement:
... I hate the Creator-of-all-Creation with an Eternal-death's-hatred ,...
there IS NO "Personal-God", and I for one will never for an eternity-of-eternities forgive this Infinitely-Infinite-Creator for His:
"Infinite lack of mercy", "Infinite cruelty", "etc.".
The God that I know and understand, a lot more thoroughly than most of you, has demonstrated that He IS: an inhuman, sub-human, non-human, and anti-human murderer, given over to His own Satanic-Creation ...
Do not ever dare to lecture me, those whom have had what to eat all there lives, not to mention the "ones" born with the silver spoons in their mouths and this big plastic white line taped across their foreheads ..........
Simcha.

jrbogie

seems to me a jahovah's witness would hate god in july and august seeing as he makes them wear those white shirts and skinny ties going door to door in the heat.

black cat royalty

*probably reading*
An anti-theist? Takes a position of anti-theism?

Just an idea. I was one of those, whatever the label is, when I was first breaking away from my Christian upbringing. I later took a more agnostic atheistic stance (ie: God probably doesn't exist but no absolutely way to know), but at first I just hated God. The OT seemed entirely mad, with all the descriptions of God ordering the slaughter of these people, the rape of those ones. Bad things happened to good people. I knew pious church Christians who were abusive and prejudiced. I wasn't a Satanist, I'd always considered that foolish, but I was against God and very, very angry. Later on, I realized God was probably not real and that I was mostly frustrated with the actions and attitudes of "church people" I'd known. But when you're 15, that's difficult to puzzle out. :)

I hope your friend figures out what's going on with him. I never had anything remotely like a personal experience with God, which you mention he's had. If he believes he's talking to God...hmm...

OmarKhayyam

An anti-theist? Takes a position of anti-theism?

I hope your friend figures out what's going on with him. I never had anything remotely like a personal experience with God, which you mention he's had. If he believes he's talking to God...hmm...

He is just your average run-of-mill theist. Except he has a chip on his shoulder. What to call him?

Confused.:D

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
because god doesn't exist, therefore he has nothing to hate except himself or society.

There is a clear difference between lying and saying something that isn't true because you believe that it is true.

This is a perfect example of how atheism without reason is no better or even different than religion (a phenomenon about which I strive to warn my atheist comrades).

gnomon

what do you call a person who knows that god exists except that person hate god?

Annoying.:shrug:

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
So far we've seen three suggestions for what to call this guy: maltheist, misotheist, and antitheist.

Maltheist - doesn't logically work, given that "theo" (as in the-ist) is Greek and "mal" (bad) is Latin. If we were to use "bad" it would be "dystheist" (dys is "bad" in Greek) although my Greek knowledge is not extensive enough to know if this would be a "dys-theist" (bad person who believes in god) or a "dysthe-ist" (person who believes in a bad god). Either way, this doesn't necessarily apply to the person in question, given that the OP specified only that the person hates god, not that the person thinks god is bad (I hate getting immunizations, but I don't think getting immunizations is bad).

(Linguistic note: Some neologisms DO mix Latin and Greek roots in addition to roots from other languages).

Misotheist - this would probably be the most accurate ("miso" means hating, a la "misogynist" or "misanthropist" (woman-hater and man-hater, respectively)).

Antitheist - "anti" meaning against; again this doesn't exactly fit the person, as one could hate god and still not be against him (I hate getting immunizations, but I'm not against getting immunizations).

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
In the end, the only thing I can say unequivocally is that it's funny that she came to people who don't believe in god to ask what to call someone who does believe in god.