• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do Trump protesters accomplish?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Trump protesters are communist low life dirt bags and they're very bad hombres. ANTIFA has just recently vandalized the home of Fox News contributor Carlson Tucker

If "antifa" represents all anti-trump activists, then do neo-nazis represent all pro-trump activists?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Good point, not every Trump protestor is with antifa, but many of them are involved with antifa.

Likewise it could be said that many trump supporters are involved with white nationalism, but I think it's counter-productive for each side to paint the other with their worst examples.

PureX

Veteran Member
I visited Capitol Hill last night. There was a crowd of people on the steps chanting anti Trump rhetoric, and each taking turns giving speeches about how much they want Trump impeached or even incarcerated.

I just wonder what they accomplished by doing that
They see their nation falling collapsing into an abyss or greed, willful ignorance, and criminal stupidity. And they want to do something about it but they have no real power to change the course of our calamity. What they are accomplishing is personal. They need to feel that they are DOING SOMETHING. So they are doing what they can. The fact that it's ineffective is beyond their control.

Why do people pray? Often it's because it's the only course of action that's left to them.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
They see their nation falling collapsing into an abyss or greed, willful ignorance, and criminal stupidity. And they want to do something about it but they have no real power to change the course of our calamity. What they are accomplishing is personal. They need to feel that they are DOING SOMETHING. So they are doing what they can. The fact that it's ineffective is beyond their control.

Why do people pray? Often it's because it's the only course of action that's left to them.
If indeed God does exist, the potential for prayer to accomplish something is high. If God does not exist, then prayer is a waste of time, unless of course it comforts the person praying.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Likewise it could be said that many trump supporters are involved with white nationalism, but I think it's counter-productive for each side to paint the other with their worst examples.

I've put forth the following proposal that could very likely bring peace between the various races and save us from an impending race war in the United States: Our nation should sell southern parts of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California to Mexico. Furthermore, the United States should create a separate black state out of parts of northern Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia along with parts of western South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland.

I'm a white separatist, not a white supremacist; in fact, I do often support some black separatist causes like those of Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam.

There's a huge difference between peace-loving white separatists like me and hateful white supremacists like the KKK or neo-Nazis.

Every time an unarmed black man gets shot in the back by a white police man, there's racial tension and riots; this wouldn't happen if blacks policed blacks and whites policed whites. Not only do white separatists concur with me, but so do black separatists like Louise Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
If indeed God does exist, the potential for prayer to accomplish something is high. If God does not exist, then prayer is a waste of time, unless of course it comforts the person praying.
Prayer works or doesn't work depending on the prayer and the circumstances to which it's being applied. The existence of God/gods doesn't really have anything to do with it except to provide us with a conceptual focus. And the results can be far more varied and valuable than mere "comfort" (not that comfort in itself is not a respectable and appreciable goal). It can also give us hope when we would otherwise have none, a sense of purpose and the courage to pursue it when we might otherwise have none, and a method through which to gain clarity and focus on both the difficulties and the possible solutions at hand.

Effecting the external world is not the only nor the most important criteria by which we should be judging the success of such political protest, or of prayer.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I've put forth the following proposal that could very likely bring peace between the various races and save us from an impending race war in the United States: Our nation should sell southern parts of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California to Mexico. Furthermore, the United States should create a separate black state out of parts of northern Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia along with parts of western South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland.

I'm a white separatist, not a white supremacist; in fact, I do often support some black separatist causes like those of Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam.

There's a huge difference between peace-loving white separatists like me and hateful white supremacists like the KKK or neo-Nazis.

Every time an unarmed black man gets shot in the back by a white police man, there's racial tension and riots; this wouldn't happen if blacks policed blacks and whites policed whites. Not only do white separatists concur with me, but so do black separatists like Louise Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam.

You do realize that we're far more divided by religion, class, education, and culture than we are by "race", right?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
You do realize that we're far more divided by religion, class, education, and culture than we are by "race", right?

Homogeneous racial nations with various religions and social classes have lower crime rates than the multi-racially diverse United States, multiculturalism here has clearly failed.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Homogeneous racial nations with various religions and social classes have lower crime rates than the multi-racially diverse United States, multiculturalism here has clearly failed.
How big are said nations and do they have the similar issues with low education and high poverty?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm a separatist separatist. I think that those who still advocate racial segregation should find a hole and pull it in after them.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I visited Capitol Hill last night. There was a crowd of people on the steps chanting anti Trump rhetoric, and each taking turns giving speeches about how much they want Trump impeached or even incarcerated.

I just wonder what they accomplished by doing that. I mean, they all seemed like they were in agreement that Trump sucks, but it isn't like they had an audience except for myself. So, it didn't appear like they had any potential of changing any hearts on the issue.

So, if they all dislike Trump, what good does it do to get together and shout about it?

If there were indifferent people, uninformed audience, or Trump supporters there, I could see that their hope is to change people's opinions or educate people.

But with that not being a factor, what else do they accomplish?

Seems like radicalism to me.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Charlottesville Car Driver Was Fleeing Antifa Attack

Believe me, I watch my Fox and Friends in the morning, I know what's going on.

83f.png

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I thought you were Christian? There is no "If" if one believes in a singular deity.
I was saying if God exists, cuz I was considering the people that read my post who don't believe in God.

I have no doubt that God exists, but I cannot prove it and could be mistaken.