• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the mistakes Muslims do when informing others about Islam?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I doubt you will get an answer.

IMO they ARE, or at least they represent those adherents to the faith that MATTER. The 301's of the world take the "Faith" into the public area and fully intend to compel others to at least act like they believed it also.:sad4:

These shy wallflowers who can't or won't speak up in defense of whatever they think the "Faith" calls for - they simply do not matter. Their silence makes them irrelevant.
No, they are to busy whining that a fellow "Muslim" is being called out.

Their silence on the actual point speaks volumes.

Wotan

"Long ago, I told you that the best thing was to simply let Muslims talk and that detractors would become unnecessary. You have proven my point a 1000 times over. Keep up the good work, Fatihah. :bow:"

Indeed I think that is very true. The more we hear from 301 and Fatihah. and OBL and the others of similar persuasion the more obvious it becomes what a totalitarian, dictatorial, puritanical, medieval, madhouse these people intend to create. And HAVE created when given the chance.

Fatihah

I doubt you will get an answer.

IMO they ARE, or at least they represent those adherents to the faith that MATTER. The 301's of the world take the "Faith" into the public area and fully intend to compel others to at least act like they believed it also.:sad4:

These shy wallflowers who can't or won't speak up in defense of whatever they think the "Faith" calls for - they simply do not matter. Their silence makes them irrelevant.

Response: Or rather, it's not shyness at all, for the "Faith" does not require every voice. When a message is substantial, like 301's, only a few voices of the masses in agreeance is required.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
What damages Islam is lack of unity, and I personally would never respond to naive attempts by detractors of Islam to attack fellow Muslims.

Ah, but who are the detractors of Islam?

Surely foremost among them are those who claim to talk on his behalf yet use foolish and angered words.

We're not overly concerned with what you, a disbeliever, reckon about Islam (due to your rejection of faith).

I value faith enormously. That is both cause and consequence of my atheism. It would be easy to claim that I believe in God, however it would also be a lie.

Anyway, you really shouldn't be concerned with me, because I'm not your enemy. I just don't share your belief in God, nor your faith in the Quran.

It is those who misuse the Islamic faith that should worry you. Not me.

Our job is merely to convey what Islam is about, if you have sincerity within you, then it will reach you, if not, then it most likely won't. So don't give me this nonsense about "If you just denounce these guys, then I'll listen".

Having criteria is a good idea for anyone. If you want to claim that belief in the Quran is more important than honesty or respect, that is your privilege - but it is also not a particularly wise choice, much less one that helps Islam.

You ignore the truth because inside you there is rejection of your maker, plain and simple.

Except that you're completely wrong about that. I never had to reject God, although I am completely at peace with the idea of his eventual existence. A good, honest person has no reason whatsoever to fear God, regardless of whether he believes in his existence or not.

MissAlice

No, my intention is to get Muslims who disagree with the bull **** the likes of Fatihah spews in every thread he pollutes to at least be addressed.
But it does not happen.
At least not outside the Muslim Sanctuary.

So it appears to non-Muslims that what Fatihah presents is the correct representation of what Muslims are like.

Thus the point that goes on being ignored by the vast majority of RF Muslims.

I think there have been a couple of muslims on this forum who have openly disagreed with his attitude.

As a non-muslim myself, I can openly say that I really don't feel comfortable getting into a discussion with someone not only hateful toward a various majority of people who don't believe the same thing he does (non-secularism, non-muslim and whatever else). It seems that whenever I run across people like this, they don't want a conductive discussion they just want you to agree with them. I know this may sound general and 301, I don't mean to sound harsh, but the pattern of thread are indicative of themselves. You already have "it" figured out.

There are other muslims here who do seem more open, but again I guess I can kind of see both sides to this discussion. I'm not too great with debating myself...I don't think all of us are and there are not too many muslims on this forum imo.

Fatihah

"Long ago, I told you that the best thing was to simply let Muslims talk and that detractors would become unnecessary. You have proven my point a 1000 times over. Keep up the good work, Fatihah. :bow:"

Indeed I think that is very true. The more we hear from 301 and Fatihah. and OBL and the others of similar persuasion the more obvious it becomes what a totalitarian, dictatorial, puritanical, medieval, madhouse these people intend to create. And HAVE created when given the chance.

Response: Yet when one of a reasonable mind evaluates the situation, they acknowledge rather, the tremendous efforts of you and those like you, trying to portray as if such a claim is intended to be created. The downfall is when such claims have never and can never actually be supported with anything substantial, leaving those of a reasonable persuasion to turn their ears further to myself and 301 in interest, while plugging them in your direction.

Last edited:

Sahar

If Fathihah is misrepresenting Islam, then you'll find that Muslims will quietly advise her, not publicly denounce her as you seem to demand. That is the dignity and respect that Islam commands of it's adherents towards one another.
I'd like to emphasize that there is no harm in disagreeing with each other publicly or criticize other Muslims' ideas or way of thinking publicly and sometimes it has its great benefits. The Muslim should always favor honesty and truth even if they came from a non Muslim and s/he should always be against dishonesty and falsehood even if they came from another Muslim. What is in favor of our message, we should do it, what harms our message, we should avoid or speak against it when needed regardless if the harm came from a Muslim or a non Muslim.
Disagreement, criticism and correction don't mean "insult" or "slander".

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, they are to busy whining that a fellow "Muslim" is being called out.

Their silence on the actual point speaks volumes.

I think the problem is, that we can't have this conversation specified about a certain fellow Muslim. In general, i agree that we should criticize or disagree with each other (Muslims), and that we should intervene when a fellow Muslim is doing harm to Islam. Also, if he is attacking or insulting other people, i personally believe that i must publicly disagree with him.

So, my point is, may be you could ask the same question, without referring to a certain member, then you might get an answer, as to why do they stay quite when another Muslim is doing one of those things.

Sahar

I think the problem is, that we can't have this conversation specified about a certain fellow Muslim. In general, i agree that we should criticize or disagree with each other (Muslims), and that we should intervene when a fellow Muslim is doing harm to Islam. Also, if he is attacking or insulting other people, i personally believe that i must publicly disagree with him.

So, my point is, may be you could ask the same question, without referring to a certain member, then you might get an answer, as to why do they stay quite when another Muslim is doing one of those things.
Exactly.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

And I flat out say that this is nothing more than a cop out.
In fact, it merely FURTHERS my whole point.

One would think that they are afraid of death threats if they dare speak out, what with the way they are acting.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And I flat out say that this is nothing more than a cop out.
In fact, it merely FURTHERS my whole point.

One would think that they are afraid of death threats if they dare speak out, what with the way they are acting.

I understand your point. But this is a forum, for people to come and say their opinions. For us to call a certain Muslim specifically, that his opinions are wrong or that his tactics are bad, is uncalled for. Especially, to be honest, because i personally don't disagree with anyone on everything. In other words, there isn't a member i can think of now, that has nothing good to say, so i think i should just criticize the method or the bad behavior itself, instead of the person.

I still see what you mean though, but take it as us being nice, or considerate. Not necessarily refusing to admit any mistake on behalf of Muslims.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
It seems to me your intention is focused on getting Muslims to infight. You won't be pleased until a Muslim is publicly attacking or opposing another. If Fathihah is misrepresenting Islam, then you'll find that Muslims will quietly advise her, not publicly denounce her as you seem to demand. That is the dignity and respect that Islam commands of it's adherents towards one another.

If you are shallow enough to take, what you obviously recognise as a misrepresentation, as representative of Islam, then that speaks volumes about your own integrity.
As opposed to the weakness of your religion, there is no tolerance for Anti-Agnostic thought in Illumination. all that is wrong or believed wrong should be quickly pointed out, proved wrong, and fixed. and according to Mestemia, there is much wrong in arguments from some Muslims in respect to how Islam wants to be viewed and accepted in modern secular civilizations. if there was any true dignity and respect, wrong would not be tolerated...and it would be clear that evil for good is just evil. and that evil for evil is just evil aswell. In all, i believe Mestemia was likely simply explaining that an error when informing others about Muhammudism is that the more voicefull muslims are allowed to wrongfully represent the religion as some sort of If-so-facto truth. In Mestemia's error however, it is clear that most religions do this and it would be rather hard to stop as by mere logic, the only ones talking are the only ones talking.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
What damages Islam is lack of unity, and I personally would never respond to naive attempts by detractors of Islam to attack fellow Muslims.

We're not overly concerned with what you, a disbeliever, reckon about Islam (due to your rejection of faith).

Our job is merely to convey what Islam is about, if you have sincerity within you, then it will reach you, if not, then it most likely won't. So don't give me this nonsense about "If you just denounce these guys, then I'll listen". You ignore the truth because inside you there is rejection of your maker, plain and simple.
What damages Islam is the perseived notion that a extensive lie would be believed in the same way, in the same manner and at the same time. What damages Islam is the false description of "unity". rejection of a yet to be proven believe is NOT the same as Ignorance of Truth, being as the only truth is Agnosticism. It is clear that we are all Agnostic and born Agnostic and it is YOU, and others like you, who are filled with rejection of the obvious truth. It is clear and obvious that only someone who confesses their agnosticism can be truely submitting to the Will of God.

Last edited:

Fatihah

What damages Islam is the perseived notion that a extensive lie would be believed in the same way, in the same manner and at the same time. What damages Islam is the false description of "unity". rejection of a yet to be proven believe is NOT the same as Ignorance of Truth, being as the only truth is Agnosticism. It is clear that we are all Agnostic and born Agnostic and it is YOU, and others like you, who are filled with rejection of the obvious truth.

Response: Only in the eyes of Agnostics is it clear that the truth is Agnosticism. But in islam, muslims acknowledge that the truth is in fact, islam.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Response: Only in the eyes of Agnostics is it clear that the truth is Agnosticism. But in islam, muslims acknowledge that the truth is in fact, islam.

Thats Islam's biggest problem.

You guys (with exceptions) are often very difficult to debate with because you refuse to accept anything.

MissAlice

And imo a label is just a label and nothing more.

Agnosticism is never agreed upon in the principles of faith or lack thereof.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Islam...which you cannot define in any valuable form, because it is a far too extensive and anti-agnostic believe system and thus circular and irrational.
Agnosticism is Truth, because in the end...certainty is absurd. and If there is a God, that God creates us Agnostic and we are later currupted by human idols such as books and writings and other such products of our fellow and fallable brothers and sisters. Science is about the only method to arraive close to the truth and science rellies on the Agnostic Spirit in its indevours. without the Agnostic spirit, there would likely be no progress and only retardation.

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
And so we see one of the mistakes Muslims make--evading any questions they find difficult to answer. Not a good move.