• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus really God?

true blood

Mister Emu said:
Just wanted to respond to this

John 10:30

:)

I and my Father are one.

"one" is the Greek word hen, neuter, meaning one in purpose, not one person which would be heis, masculine.

Dayv

Cu Chullainn is one of the (if not the) chief heroes in irish mythology. His tale originated at the same time as the rest of the celtic mythology. He is not considered a savior, though, just a great hero. Christianity took parts of his story and applied them to their "savior."
And I don't understand why you need Jesus to deal with your problems. Why can't God help you. If God lives within us, why do we need a mediator? Besides, Jesus is just a way for humanity to humanize God, to make us seem special. God loves us no more (or less) than any other creature. We are not above nature, we're just selfish, self-centered and arrogant. God is nature, and we are a part of nature, and until we realize this we cannot trully understand God.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
"one" is the Greek word hen, neuter, meaning one in purpose, not one person which would be heis, masculine.

From http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/c/1097097364-7188.html#30 the greek word is heis.

And I don't understand why you need Jesus to deal with your problems. Why can't God help you. If God lives within us, why do we need a mediator? Besides, Jesus is just a way for humanity to humanize God, to make us seem special. God loves us no more (or less) than any other creature. We are not above nature, we're just selfish, self-centered and arrogant. God is nature, and we are a part of nature, and until we realize this we cannot trully understand God.

God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all God. Different and the same. The basis of the Trinity.

Hope said:
Interesting question. :)

If it could be proven that the Gospels are nothing more than tall-tales, then His complexity would not matter. However, because this is not the case, if one is investigating for oneself the authenticity of this person Jesus, one could not ignore that He is not easily pinned down or defined.
We must remember that Mark was the first Gospel written around 44 years after Jesus died. We also know according to the Bible that he wasn’t a disciple or eyewitness to any of the events recorded in the book named after him.

We now know that Matthews and Luke were both copied from Mark, in some cases verbatim. Luke wasn’t an eyewitness or a disciple either. This would make the Gospels, which is the only evidence of a man called Jesus suspect.

linwood

Cu Chullainn is one of the (if not the) chief heroes in irish mythology. His tale originated at the same time as the rest of the celtic mythology. He is not considered a savior, though, just a great hero. Christianity took parts of his story and applied them to their "savior."

Hey thanks for that info, I`m going to check that out!!