• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus really God?

cardero

Citizen Mod
I never met Satan, though that doesn't mean Satan doesn't exist it just means that he is probably as misunderstood as GOD.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Mister Emu writes:

I and my Father are one.

John 10:13

WE are ALL ONE
-GOD
Hello It’s Me: An Interview With GOD
TRUTH LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING chapter- pg 107

I am he is you are he is you are me and we are all together. -The Beatles-The Walrus

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
WE are ALL ONE
-GOD
Hello It’s Me: An Interview With GOD
TRUTH LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING chapter- pg 107

I am he is you are he is you are me and we are all together. -The Beatles-The Walrus

Even the Bible clearly exemplifies that these are indeed two different entities.

I was responding to this statement. Your response has nothing to do with my post.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I apologize if you feel that my comments are misplaced but I was just supporting the fact that your scripture was CORRECT and I was including examples from not only my Bible but also that this TRUTH extends to other sources in our ives as well.

anders

After studying the religions of India, I came to the conclusion that it was ridiculous to believe in gods walking on earth. Accordingly, I can't believe that a Middle East person on earth was (a) god. And I'm getting increasingly sceptical regarding the one-time existence of the person Jesus Josephson as well.

O

OfPeace

What is ridiculous to me is that some people think Jesus is a myth, disregarding the fact that He was accounted for soon after His ressurection. Having said that, you are not forced to believe in Jesus. Only putting your faith in Him will make you truly understand how real He is, because He will affect your life significantly.

Religion is a choice. Christianity succeeds the long-practiced Judiasm. Religion is a way of life; it's a way to conduct yourself in day-to-day living. It has had a great influence on your life, and on your country: how prosperous it is, and the quality of life of its citizens. Christianity is the best foundation for human morale: it guides you toward being good-natured to your fellow human beings, and it guides you toward accepting freewill. You can't lose with Christianity; although, you might be incorrectly thinking otherwise. Many have taken the path to giving up Christianity and religion altogether. Christianity might be a fake, but why take the chance. Do you want to become hopeless? Do you want to take the path of a nonsensical religion? Do you want to go into hell?

Just trust in Jesus, man. Just trust in Jesus. He will show you the way.

My descendants are from the Middle East, and they literally hung on to Christianity through centuries. And let me tell, there is nothing you could be facing that they haven't faced already.

About Jesus's place of birth: Who cares? I am white, and I don't care if he was black, Chinese, Indian, Greek, or whatever. That's where God's holy people were. Us Christians are not racist. I think you better evaluate your tolerance policy and not the religion. Maybe all those Muslims in your area of the world are getting to you. I don't blame you for fearing Middle Easterners; there is probably good reason to. However, fear is not the way of Christianity.

(I wonder how many frubals this post is going to get me down. lol. I think I made a bad first impression.)

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
OfPeace said:
Only putting your faith in Him will make you truly understand how real He is, because He will affect your life significantly.
"If I believe it's there, it is!"

That logic (or lack thereof) doesn't exactly appeal to me.

Christianity is the best foundation for human morale: it guides you toward being good-natured to your fellow human beings, and it guides you toward accepting freewill. You can't lose with Christianity; although, you might be incorrectly thinking otherwise.
What about other religions that are just as moral, if not more so, than Christianity? The religions that respect the earth and animals, and don't just go, "Oh, God put them there for us to use! They have no souls!" The religions that also advocate kindness to fellow human beings? These are somehow inferior to Christianity simply because they aren't Christian?

And free will.. bah. I'm awfully bitter on the subject of free will and Christianity. "Choose Jesus or suffer for eternity!" isn't a choice at all.

Also: Everyone who disagrees with your opinion that Christianity is best morally is wrong?

Many have taken the path to giving up Christianity and religion altogether. Christianity might be a fake, but why take the chance. Do you want to become hopeless? Do you want to take the path of a nonsensical religion? Do you want to go into hell?
I'd rather live my life to the fullest and the way the makes the most sense to me than live in fear of an eternal hell. And.. what if you're wrong? What if you spend your entire life wasting prayers and trying to be perfect for something that doesn't exist?

My descendants are from the Middle East, and they literally hung on to Christianity through centuries. And let me tell, there is nothing you could be facing that they haven't faced already.
That's... terribly egotistical.

Us Christians are not racist.
Except for the KKK. But that's an entirely different debate.

I think you better evaluate your tolerance policy and not the religion. Maybe all those Muslims in your area of the world are getting to you. I don't blame you for fearing Middle Easterners; there is probably good reason to. However, fear is not the way of Christianity.
Neither is mindless dogma. Or it isn't supposed to be, anyway.

And... wtf. "Maybe all those Muslims in your area of the world are getting to you"?

Bah, maybe all the Christians in my area of the world are getting to me. I don't blame myself for fearing them; there's good reason to. However, that is not the way of intelligence and common sense.

anders

OfPeace said:
What is ridiculous to me is that some people think Jesus is a myth, disregarding the fact that He was accounted for soon after His ressurection. Having said that, you are not forced to believe in Jesus. Only putting your faith in Him will make you truly understand how real He is, because He will affect your life significantly.
I am now reading a book which rather convincingly is advocating that the Messiah lived at least 100 years before the Common era, and that Jesus was invented by the (unknown) Gospel writers some 200 years after that, incorporating the Messiah idea.

Do you want to take the path of a nonsensical religion? Do you want to go into hell?
My set of beliefs makes sense to me, and I don't believe in a hell.

Are you addressing me with this?
My descendants are from the Middle East, and they literally hung on to Christianity through centuries. ... Maybe all those Muslims in your area of the world are getting to you. I don't blame you for fearing Middle Easterners; there is probably good reason to.
I hope not. If, for example, I find unjust attacks on Muslims on this board, you will find me trying to beat the Muslim posters to defending their religion. I don't fear Middle Easterners where I live. I have some Muslim friends and colleagues, all of whom I like very much, and had no conflicts with my Jewish fellow students of Bible Hebrew etc.

Maybe you misunderstood my pointing out that the alleged Mr. Josephson was a Middle Easterner. Well, he is supposed to have been one, isn't he? I intented the label as a geographical contrast to earthwalking gods in India.

crider

It is a fact Jesus is the incarnated Yahweh of the Torah! He is the I Am! There could be no other assumption. Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, beginning and ending, the first and the last, that which was, which is, which is to come, the Almighty!" If this were not true, then Jesus was a blasphemer, yet Jews hold this blasphemer to be one of the greatest rabbis of all time. Conflicting views is it not?

crider said:
It is a fact Jesus is the incarnated Yahweh of the Torah! He is the I Am! There could be no other assumption. Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, beginning and ending, the first and the last, that which was, which is, which is to come, the Almighty!" If this were not true, then Jesus was a blasphemer, yet Jews hold this blasphemer to be one of the greatest rabbis of all time. Conflicting views is it not?
not really... Most Jews don't hold the christian reccords of his life/sayings to be accurate... just like Muslims and just about everyone else... so its more a question of interpritation than bad logic.

O

OfPeace

Getting back to the subject of this thread. I always read a couple of paragraphs from the Bible before I go to bed. I am going to quote what I read from the Bible the day I read the this thread, which I intended to do before, but forgot.
Mat 16:13-17
"Who do people say that the Son of Man is?"
And they said, "Some say John the Baptist; and others, Elijah; but still others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets."
He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
And Simon Peter answered and said, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."
And Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven."

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
Getting back to the subject of this thread. I always read a couple of paragraphs from the Bible before I go to bed. I am going to quote what I read from the Bible the day I read the this thread, which I intended to do before, but forgot.
Mat 16:13-17
"Who do people say that the Son of Man is?"
And they said, "Some say John the Baptist; and others, Elijah; but still others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets."
He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
And Simon Peter answered and said, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."
And Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven."

even i can say I am the Son of God. would you believe me, my dear, Ofpeace? you doubt me, and heaven shall not be yours.

Dayv

How can you use Jesus' words as proof for him. I used to be Catholic myself, but I keep finding more and more proof against it. First off, scientific dating of texts have found that the original documents about "Jesus" were actually written generations after the event supposably occured. Jesus doesn't make any sense to begin with, if God is infinitly wise, than why does he have to have his son die just to forgive us for our sins, couldn't he do that just fine anyway.
Christianity is just pieced together bits of other religions anyway, almost every significant story in the bible can be related to another, earlier cultures mythology. I was researching celtic mythology the other day and i happened across the story of Cu Chullainn, the chief hero of irish legends. Cu Chullainn was said to have been born of a virgin, put to death on a sacred pillar pierced by arrows, and then rose again as both father and son.
Christians say that they can't understand how we can't believe that jesus is God, but i don't understand how you CAN believe such a thing when the main story of his life (and therefore the basis of christianity) was pulled from celtic mythology.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
First off, scientific dating of texts have found that the original documents about "Jesus" were actually written generations after the event supposably occured.

Where did you get this from, what I have heard is that Mark was written 70-90 A.D., and that some of Paul's writings were earlier.

when the main story of his life (and therefore the basis of christianity) was pulled from celtic mythology.

You know almost every religion had a savior God type of person who was born in the flesh died and came back. No one stole it, it was a common idea. I just know that Jesus was the truth, because He has comforted me(when my 2mnth old niece died of SIDS among other times) as well as helped me overcome my sins, healed my physical pains, and other things.

Hope

Princesinha
Dayv said:
Celtic mythology originated around 500 BC if not before
Yes, but this does not answer my question....I didn't ask when Celtic mythology as a whole originated, but when the particular story you cited originated. I'm very interested in knowing.

true blood

True believers are sons of God and Jesus Christ is the Son of God, we are, as it says in Hebrews, his brothers. Being brothers of Jesus Christ, we are now on par with him. Jesus Christ was not and is not God, neither are we; but we are heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ. Furthermore Jesus Christ is also our redeemer and our lord. He is the Son of God. We could say if questioned by Jesus as his disciples were, "But whom say ye that I am?" Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the God for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that by the grace of God should taste death for every man. For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one [God]: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren.