• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was "I" created?

IAMinyou

Why should I think of you like that? Why should I believe that this is a correct description of what you are?

Who said you have to believe? You're either chosen to believe or you're not chosen. You have no freedom to choose because you do not understand what '' I '' means.

IAMinyou

Sure thing bucko. You know you're not going to get much traction with your ideas right? At least I sure hope you don't. But one can never be too sure. There are some goofy individuals out there, that much is for certain.

Does it bother you that I know something that you cannot perceive with your created senses?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Who said you have to believe? You're either chosen to believe or you're not chosen. You have no freedom to choose because you do not understand what '' I '' means.

It seems that my understanding is different than your understanding. I can give reasons for my viewpoint. Can you?

I don't 'choose to believe': I am either convinced by the evidence or not.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Does it bother you that I know something that you cannot perceive with your created senses?

It would not bother me if it were true. A great many people know things I don't know. I know things many others do not know. That's sort of how things work.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Then I chosen not to believe as you do. So what is the purpose of explaining THE TRUTH? I am chosen not to believe or understand.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It seems that my understanding is different than your understanding. I can give reasons for my viewpoint. Can you?

I don't 'choose to believe': I am either convinced by the evidence or not.

Then you can't learn something new and disregard the old. That is not the case, because most brains change over time and growth.

A Vestigial Mote

I can't know that you know it, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Besides this, I am extremely confident in my position that you DO NOT KNOW IT. Not only that, but I am also confident subscribing to the idea that YOU CAN'T KNOW what you are claiming to know.

Who the hell are you that you think your ideas should/could/would bother me? You'd better be capable of a lot more than just targeting my ideas on an internet forum with unsubstantiated fluff if you actually want to affect my disposition. Hahaha... damn. What a joke.

IAMinyou

.....building from the premise that what I perceive myself to be is to be called "mind",
and that this, as confirmed by the others in this place that this phenomenon is divided into 2 parts,
the conscious, which is having these ruminations [cognitive process] and an unconscious which is not something the conscious part is really aware of [thus sub-conscious]
and the conscious part is said to be aware of...about what, less than 10% of the actual activity occurring,
thus depicting the subconscious as the true captain of the ship, [the hidden hand behind the puppet king] the big gorilla driving us with compulsions and instincts, as creatures of robotic habit,
seeming to be beyond the conscious control of most everybody
[oh, except for those exceptional few who are so perfect and have no such issues ...you know who you are ;)]

I could conclude that this conscious part of me is but the smallest shadow of a much larger flame [so to speak]
and so too everyone else.
just sharing a thought that swam up to the surface while i was reading this thread.
cheers

I can see that our Creator has you thinking about your consciousness. Part of your consciousness is your life experiences from your created senses such as sight, smell, taste, touch, hearing, etc. That is the very tiny part of the '' I '' existence. The rest is the eternal future and of course the autopilot experiences of your body functions. Everything that you will experience within your MIND has been programmed by our Creator a very long time ago. Once you fully understand what the MIND is in comparison to an AI system that speaks, you can be assured that our Creator is a much better Creator than you once thought. He has made it possible for us to experience eternal life from HIS invisible programmed thoughts.

MNoBody

I can see that our Creator has you thinking about your consciousness. Part of your consciousness is your life experiences from your created senses such as sight, smell, taste, touch, hearing, etc. That is the very tiny part of the '' I '' existence. The rest is the eternal future and of course the autopilot experiences of your body functions. Everything that you will experience within your MIND has been programmed by our Creator a very long time ago. Once you fully understand what the MIND is in comparison to an AI system that speaks, you can be assured that our Creator is a much better Creator than you once thought. He has made it possible for us to experience eternal life from HIS invisible programmed thoughts.
been aware of that for lifetimes....
the body is merely a sleeve a suit with an AI we confuse for our own mind since the connect is so....intimate
the thing that disturbs me is the obvious 3rd party tampering with memory archives
its a global industry in this place.

IAMinyou

This may all be cogent, but "up" has a very definitive and objective meaning once you apply a specific standard (such as the gravitational pull of the Earth) to the system you are discussing. And so, within our construct of the realm of what we consider "knowledge," things certainly can be "right or wrong." Like 2+2=4 versus 2+2=5. One of those is "right" within the system of what we have established as "knowledge" and one of them is decidedly "wrong." Once you have determined a standard as a basis of the system, many things within the system can be objectively assessed. You have no choice to admit to this, and once you do, you may find that some of your ideas are "wrong" when set up against the basis of knowledge we have gained through experience, observation, measurement and repeatable demonstration.

The idea of God is also completely meaningless without a basis from which to compare that subject to the system you are claiming it exists within. For instance, once we apply the basis for our system as "the minds of men" then sure, God exists within the minds of men, and we can actually objectively prove this by just pointing at the nearest believer who has some concept of something called "God" in his mind. But there is absolutely no way that, to the greater system of "the universe" you can objectively make these types of claims about a "God." You're just talking out of your butt at that point.

God is just a word of something that cannot be observed like the words Spirit, Angel, Father, Creator, Word of God, Love of God, Breath of Life, etc. that you find written in the Bible. Those who read and study those words in the Bible get so deceived by those words that they will never believe in what I AM as the INVISIBLE IMAGE and VOICE of our CREATOR. So I totally understand what you are saying because you only know the lies of religious members who come in here quoting scriptures without any knowledge to understand them. They can only produce lies to defend themselves.

Those earthly systems using those words that are viewed as being opposite like good and evil, up and down, in and out, here and there, right and wrong, black and white, etc. are all learned subjective experiences in the INDIVIDUAL minds of men with their human bodies. Gravity is just an illusion that no physicist has yet to understand but because we feel weighted down on what appears to be a solid piece of ground, they have to appear intelligent enough to say something about gravity. After all the money they spend going through school and then all the money they need to find as far as grant money, etc. to keep experimenting and studying what they observe, they cannot let themselves or anyone down by saying, '' I have no idea what gravity is ''.

The MIND is created to experience an infinity of illusions that appear to be real so we haven't even started experiencing the coolest images ever. We all have to die in this world first before those new images start floating around in our MINDS to give us all kinds of new worlds to explore.

IAMinyou

I can't know that you know it, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Besides this, I am extremely confident in my position that you DO NOT KNOW IT. Not only that, but I am also confident subscribing to the idea that YOU CAN'T KNOW what you are claiming to know.

Who the hell are you that you think your ideas should/could/would bother me? You'd better be capable of a lot more than just targeting my ideas on an internet forum with unsubstantiated fluff if you actually want to affect my disposition. Hahaha... damn. What a joke.

Confidence is not the same as knowing for sure.

IAMinyou

been aware of that for lifetimes....
the body is merely a sleeve a suit with an AI we confuse for our own mind since the connect is so....intimate
the thing that disturbs me is the obvious 3rd party tampering with memory archives
its a global industry in this place.

Don't believe those liars of the visible world you're observing within your own created part of the MAIN consciousness. When you experience the death of your body, you will instantly awaken on a new earth which means the information that changed this earth the last thousands of years will be deleted from the program. You and your created partner of the opposite sex will enjoy an eternity of personal dreams together. It will be like going to the movies but not just observing them, playing in them as a 3D experience. It is impossible to observe any image in 3D but because of motion, it appears we're in a 3D world.

A Vestigial Mote

God is just a word of something that cannot be observed like the words Spirit, Angel, Father, Creator, Word of God, Love of God, Breath of Life, etc. that you find written in the Bible. Those who read and study those words in the Bible get so deceived by those words that they will never believe in what I AM as the INVISIBLE IMAGE and VOICE of our CREATOR.
The words you are promoting have just as little meaning without a demonstration of their veracity as any of those other words you are so quick to condemn. I hope you realize this.

So I totally understand what you are saying because you only know the lies of religious members who come in here quoting scriptures without any knowledge to understand them. They can only produce lies to defend themselves.
I think you are probably fairly uninformed as to how "far" a person's lack of belief in ANY of this crap can go. You seem like one of these people who think that everyone has a "spiritual" side, and that at least a rudimentary understanding and acceptance of some of these concepts is just a given, and can be expected when talking to anyone. Well not when talking with me. Let's get that staright between us right now. I have ZERO tolerance for unsubstantiated claims, and I will tell you right to your face that I think you are full of crap, and will continue to think so (with no detriment to my life or livelihood, by the way) until you can provide some valid, demonstrable basis for your ideas. So far, all I have seen is talk, and pretty baseless assertions that are somewhat wild and non-conformant to the reality I experience. In other words, my opinion of your position isn't doing too well at the moment.

Those earthly systems using those words that are viewed as being opposite like good and evil, up and down, in and out, here and there, right and wrong, black and white, etc. are all learned subjective experiences in the INDIVIDUAL minds of men with their human bodies.
But, like I said (and I understand why you ignored this part, but it really is a strike against you in my book, consider yourself warned) once you establish a basis from which to assess those things, then assessments become entirely objective. Sure, from the perspective of "the universe" as a whole, everything we think in those terms is subjective - because it relies entirely on there being a subject to do the interpreting. But once we are down to just you and I, and we establish "The Earth" and all that comes with it as a basis for our ideas, then "up" and "down" have extremely useful meanings. Again - you can't deny this. Just try. Go ahead. I'll hold all laughter until you are done, I promise.

Gravity is just an illusion that no physicist has yet to understand but because we feel weighted down on what appears to be a solid piece of ground, they have to appear intelligent enough to say something about gravity.
Very much not an illusion. Gravity is extremely real, and is experienced by literally everything and everyone on the planet. That's literally the closest thing you can get to something being objective - that everyone experiences it, and you can share it's reality with anyone/everyone. Definitely not just "an illusion" like you're trying to pawn it off as here. I get the whole "We don't know what causes gravity" bit - and that's fine, and true. There likely is no "why" in the grand scheme of things for items like that - at a certain point in any finite system, some things "just are." Which is why we examine things to see if we can model what "just is" in order to see if we can predict behaviors/actions/reactions. Because that kind of thing is extremely helpful, and that kind of level of detail that "just is" should rightfully be expected. Even in your "God did it" scenario, "God" is that fundamental level. You can't avoid it.

After all the money they spend going through school and then all the money they need to find as far as grant money, etc. to keep experimenting and studying what they observe, they cannot let themselves or anyone down by saying, '' I have no idea what gravity is ''.
Well, they had hopefully better at least describe it fundamentally as an attraction of mass to other mass. Observationally, that much sticks. Otherwise, as stated, looking for a "why" might not be fruitful. There is going to have to be some layer of activity in the universe for which there is no founding explanation. In order for there to be anything at all, I would think it obvious that that kind of level would necessarily be reached. Again - you would likely say that "God" is this level. You have no evidence to back you up on this except hearsay, but you would probably still say it. I mean... look at all the other weird crap you have already said. it's not much of a stretch really.

The MIND is created to experience an infinity of illusions that appear to be real so we haven't even started experiencing the coolest images ever. We all have to die in this world first before those new images start floating around in our MINDS to give us all kinds of new worlds to explore.
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that once you die, you are in exactly the same condition you existed in before you were born. As in, "no condition." No anything. There is literally no reason I can think of to believe otherwise. Oh... unless you want to buy into popular, self-consoling garbage that a lot of people feel compelled to peddle. Like you. That's what you're doing.

Last edited:

MNoBody

Don't believe those liars of the visible world you're observing within your own created part of the MAIN consciousness. When you experience the death of your body, you will instantly awaken on a new earth which means the information that changed this earth the last thousands of years will be deleted from the program. You and your created partner of the opposite sex will enjoy an eternity of personal dreams together. It will be like going to the movies but not just observing them, playing in them as a 3D experience. It is impossible to observe any image in 3D but because of motion, it appears we're in a 3D world.
sounds like we are light years apart in ideas m8

Nimos

True we are each one human entity, but there is certainly evidence of mind and thoughts without a brain.
I have been using this particular video but I know there are more with the same message.
Interesting video, I do like NDE/OBEs as they are truly strange. I do however not think that they contradict that you need a brain for mind and thoughts to exist. Also it is not "without a brain", it's in regards to what is considered a "functional brain".

I have no issues with NDEs and maybe our understanding of clinical death is not accurate or as precisely understood as we might think or maybe our understanding of the brain and our senses are not fully understood.

Some of the stories are not really as detailed as you would like them, especially with that women that was blind and could only recognize herself through the touch of her wedding ring, which make you wonder how she in a OBE could interact or feel the ring. Also a lot of the stories include the person hearing the doctors talking about them losing the patient, which could suggest that the person's brain at the given time is not completely dysfunctional. But again, the stories as he tells them are not detailed enough for me to know these things, and how accurate they really were. Not saying that they ain't, simply that I can't make that judgement based on his stories alone.

So again, im not sure how one would study it, I mean they have tried the experiment with OBEs where they put a note on top of something which can only be seen if you would have an OBE and as far as I know, no one have been able to do this yet.

You also have people telling similar stories of how they have left their body and in great details can describe what they have seen, but when they check the actually things they were describing it weren't even close.

But as I see it, if consciousness or beings/souls or whatever is flying around out there, I don't know how one would prove it. In all the examples given, it is logically given with the starting point in a human, maybe if one could make a machine that could measure consciousness and we could measure some of those that potentially fly around out there without a brain/body.

Also at the time of pregnancy, at which time does this consciousness enter the egg or is it the fetus stage or during birth?

Last edited: