• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VP Harris Rubs People The Wrong Way

esmith

Veteran Member
Seems that Kamala has a problem with voters.
Could Biden be looking for a new VP? Seems Biden has learned to listen to AOC "I learned a long time ago to listen to that lady,"
But back to Kamala

Last edited:

Colt

Could Biden be looking for a new VP? Seems Biden has learned to listen to her "I learned a long time ago to listen to that lady,"
But back to Kamala
But she was chosen because of her race and her gender not for her leadership potential!

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Anything of substance? Or just they don't like her?

I have often argued that people need to look at the candidates qualifications, their record, and their positions on the issues. Not "who would you like to have a beer with".

The two issues that are mentioned in that fox news article are Harris's support for abortion rights and her support for stricter gun control legislation. You might disagree with her on those positions, but if you think that is a problem for her you haven't been paying attention.

I like Harris, I liked her since I became aware of her in 2015. I think she would have made a better President than Biden. She is not going to be removed from the ticket, not for Cortez, not for Haley, not in 2024.

But:

Harris/Cortez 2028

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Could Biden be looking for a new VP? Seems Biden has learned to listen to AOC "I learned a long time ago to listen to that lady,"
But back to Kamala

I think the pick for Vice President will likely be a key factor in the election. We're talking about someone who is one heartbeat away from the Presidency.

Colt

And what is your source for this?

Never mind. :rolleyes:
Never mind as in you looked outside of your information bubble.

The "women" piece:

“I commit that if I’m elected President and I have an opportunity to appoint someone to the courts, I’ll appoint the first black woman to the Court,” said Vice President Biden, meaning the Supreme Court. “If I’m elected President, my cabinet and my administration will look like the country, and I commit that I will in fact pick a woman to be Vice President. There are a number of women who are qualified to be president tomorrow. I would pick a woman to be my vice president.”

Joe Biden Definitively Vows to Pick a Woman Vice President

Joe Biden Commits to Selecting a Woman as Vice President

Barack Obama's Advice Made Biden Choose Kamala Harris As Vice Presidential Running Mate: Report

Barack Obama Pressured Joe Biden to Choose Kamala Harris as His Running Mate, New Book Claims

Colt

Race & gender are more important than all other factors?
Yes, with identity politics it's about appearances and feelings. D's go on and on about race and gender to cover up their own issues with it! Biden is a truly racist individual but gets a pass because he's a D.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, with identity politics it's about appearances and feelings. D's go on and on about race and gender to cover up their own issues with it! Biden is a truly racist individual but gets a pass becuse he's a D.
To Biden's credit, he doesn't seem more
racist than most in politics on both sides
of the aisle.
This is the best compliment I can give him.
Well....he has nice hair.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
But back to Kamala
AOC is the neutron bomb. Better than Trump as a stick of dynamite.

PureX

Veteran Member
I would love to think Biden actually listens to (hears) AOC, but I doubt it.

As for Kamala Harris, I tend to think of her as just another Biden in a dress.

Pogo

That would be my take. Unfortunately, her nasal speaking voice and manner do tend to grate a little.
IIRC she was considered excessively law and order while a prosecutor and DA in the Bay Area not that this has done her any good with the other side of the fence.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
That would be my take. Unfortunately, her nasal speaking voice and manner do tend to grate a little.
Personally she appears to be faking/acting. That's what rubs me wrong. I think she would be whatever the party asked her to be and I am very, very tired of that. THAT is the biggest draw Trump has. Unfortunately far too many accept "whatever" that congeals as. Both sides need to sweep through there rosters and find people who can represent their party "platforms" with a backbone strong enough to shoulder tge responsibility without buckling to the mouthpieces.

F1fan

Veteran Member
But back to Kamala
Harris isn’t running for prom queen, she’s in a campaign that is a job interview. Thus far she has been an excellent advocate for women’s reproductive rights and healthcare, which as we know has been a huge failure on the part of republicans.

Trump will surely pick a running mate that is vile and appeals only to MAGAs, and will look foolish in contrast to Harris. Harris mopped up the floor with Pence and she will surely do the same with whatever corrupt trash Trump selects.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Harris has been a fairly traditional VP--basically someone who hangs around in the background and plays a supporting role. Barack Obama made better use of Biden, but Biden had a lot of political experience to draw on. Harris hasn't been a figure in national politics all that long. In a way, it is good that she is being underestimated by serious people and even Republicans, because it will be easier for her to rise above lowered expectations. Lately, she has begun to rise to the task of campaigning for Biden while he deals with a number of foreign and domestic crises in an election year.

PureX

Veteran Member
I have no real worries if Kamala Harris had to step into the presidency. I think she would be about the equivalent of Biden. It would remain "business as usual". Which is to say they will keep the ship of state afloat while the rich continue to rob us all blind. They might even realize they have to dial the thievery back a bit before the nation completely falls apart.

But God help us if the other party gains power. That will surely spell the end of the United States as we have known it, and usher in a frenzy of greed and insanity like no one has ever seen before. That party has to be completely purged before it's ever allowed to have ANY political power again in the future. And the only way to do that is to render it irrelevant until either a new one with a new name takes it's place, or the older, original (relatively sane) republican party somehow re-emerges.

Last edited: