• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's latest, latest, really, really dumb thing

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So, taking all bets, how are the Trumpettes gunna spin this one? My money is on "ignore that he said it, ignore anyone mentioning it, and hope everyone forgets about it".
I wonder if he says such things just to inflame TDS...it could be.
If so, it sure works well.

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
That is often an effective technique to use when a belief is one's own crazy belief. No one makes that idiotic claim except for Trump. By lying and using the phrase "they say" he gives himself plausible deniability with the Kool And drinkers.
I'm amazed that anyone falls for it. Gobsmacked someone is trying to pass it of as a sensible explanation.

esmith

Veteran Member
I think @Revoltingest has it right about the Presidents statements about inflaming the TDS crowd.
Almost every time he says something they become inflamed, and forget everything that is important to the majority of the country. Thus when it comes to the 2020 elections they will not have any platform, except for those like the green-new-deal, and medicare-for-all, and find themselves wandering around in a daze when he sweeps the election. I have tried to further this on this forum and it seems to be working on some of those highly infected with TDS; I will probably continue until it is no longer fun, but since the trails are too muddy to ride on it is the only entertainment that I have.
tenor.gif

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think @Revoltingest has it right about the Presidents statements about inflaming the TDS crowd.
Almost every time he says something they become inflamed, and forget everything that is important to the majority of the country. Thus when it comes to the 2020 elections they will not have any platform, except for those like the green-new-deal, and medicare-for-all, and find themselves wandering around in a daze when he sweeps the election. I have tried to further this on this forum and it seems to be working on some of those highly infected with TDS; I will probably continue until it is no longer fun, but since the trails are too muddy to ride on it is the only entertainment that I have.
tenor.gif
Or they'll just repeat the Hillary strategy.....
- Insult voters for Trump.
- Claim Trump is Hitler.
- Demand his tax returns.
- Cry "It's time for a ______!!" <--- Insert victim group de jour.

Either he's an idiot who plays the opposition like a fiddle.
Or he's a shrewd politician who plays the opposition like a fiddle.
Either way, there's something in common there.

Kangaroo Feathers

tenor.gif
Whatever let's you sleep at night after supporting an ignorant mental defective.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
If you actually watch the video it is clear this is a straw man attack. President Trump doesn’t of himself say wind mills cause cancer. He said house prices near wind turbines drop 75%. He gives a reason for the drop. It is because “they” say it causes cancer. He isn’t saying windmills cause cancer. He is mocking those people do say that. Here we have yet another example of Trump haters trying to create a straw man out of whole cloth.
Are you serious?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Misleading title. President Trump did not say wind mills cause cancer. He said other people (“they”) say that.
Yes, he uses that tactic to flog his personal beliefs all the time so he can claim innocence.

You know, of course, that they say he's a lunatic with delusions of grandeur.

Kangaroo Feathers

You've got it bad don't you:D
Sure. You support a guy who thinks windmills give cancer and the Mueller probe was looking for oranges, but I'M the one with the problem. Smarmy smileys will make all those mean ol' facts go away.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I don't think so.
She's widely mocked, but I just don't see the hatred for her.
No one has been assaulted for wearing her hat.
il_794xN.1825242354_h41v.jpg
Oh I do! I somehow accidentally started following some alt-right group on Facebook and they ... Hate. Her. Guts. They post some real nasty stuff about her on a regular basis.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh I do! I somehow accidentally started following some alt-right group on Facebook and they ... Hate. Her. Guts. They post some real nasty stuff about her on a regular basis.
Well I hope that you defend her.
Still, her supporters haven't been abused in public the way Trump's have.
And look at RF....the right hasn't attacked people who voted for her.
Yet the left regularly attacks us just for voting for him. Their anger
is exceptional.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Well I hope that you defend her.
Still, her supporters haven't been abused in public the way Trump's have.
And look at RF....the right hasn't attacked people who voted for her.
Ya know, even though I accidentally followed this group somehow, I'm kind of glad I did, because at least it gives me some insight into some very different points of view to my own.
I don't want to reside in one of those echo chamber thingies. :D

I don't generally defend her or say much to them at all ... I'm something of a silent observer. Though i do laugh at the occasional post. :p

Yet the left regularly attacks us just for voting for him. Their anger
is exceptional.
Well, Trump is an exceptionally horrible individual.
Though I don't think you are.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ya know, even though I accidentally followed this group somehow, I'm kind of glad I did, because at least it gives me some insight into some very different points of view to my own.
I don't want to reside in one of those echo chamber thingies. :D

I don't generally defend her or say much to them at all ... I'm something of a silent observer. Though i do laugh at the occasional post. :p

Well, Trump is an exceptionally horrible individual.
Though I don't think you are.
I've defended AOC's antics as youthful excess.
She could very well mature into someone useful in government & to society.
While some might dismiss this as condescension, I do have such hope.
Of course, I reserve the right to mock her. It's part of her learning process.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Well good on you! :)

I don't think she's all that bad. She does seem to appeal to younger people.
I do like the way she grills people in Congressional hearings.

She might as well get used to it now. It ain't gonna get any better. :D

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
If you spoke that way to someone’s face, they would not thank you for the defence, they would consider it an insult.