• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's Disregard for the Rule of Law-- Again

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Today from CNN:
Washington (CNN)During President Donald Trump's visit to the border at Calexico, California, a week ago, where he told border agents to block asylum seekers from entering the US contrary to US law, the President also told the commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, Kevin McAleenan, that if he were sent to jail as a result of blocking those migrants from entering the US, the President would grant him a pardon, senior administration officials tell CNN.

Two officials briefed on the exchange say the President told McAleenan, since named the acting secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, that he "would pardon him if he ever went to jail for denying US entry to migrants," as one of the officials paraphrased...
-- Trump told CBP head he'd pardon him if he were sent to jail for violating immigration law - CNNPolitics

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Today from CNN:
Washington (CNN)During President Donald Trump's visit to the border at Calexico, California, a week ago, where he told border agents to block asylum seekers from entering the US contrary to US law, the President also told the commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, Kevin McAleenan, that if he were sent to jail as a result of blocking those migrants from entering the US, the President would grant him a pardon, senior administration officials tell CNN.

Two officials briefed on the exchange say the President told McAleenan, since named the acting secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, that he "would pardon him if he ever went to jail for denying US entry to migrants," as one of the officials paraphrased...
-- Trump told CBP head he'd pardon him if he were sent to jail for violating immigration law - CNNPolitics
Illegals. Not migrants.

sealchan

Illegals. Not migrants.

Clearly there is a gray area here. It cannot be illegal to refuse entry to someone who is also without documentation for legal entry unless there is some context for which non-legals can present their case for being considered. Clearly these people are in a position, oftentimes, to not be capable of obtaining legal entry. America has always been open to anyone: the tired, the poor, the huddled masses yearning to be free. It is not reasonable to think that they would come a knocking with all due legal documentation.

Arguing about gray area topics as if they were black or white is pointless.

Last edited:

Ellen Brown

Today from CNN:

This whole Trump phenomenon makes me want to throw my hands up and beat my head on a cement wall ...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This whole Trump phenomenon makes me want to throw my hands up and beat my head on a cement wall ...
I recommend caring less....consciously avoiding letting it get to you.
Also, be careful when an anti-Trumpette paints a very negative picture.
Things have not turned out as bad as (he) they've intimated eg, that Trump
is marching us into a Nazi Germany scenario.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I like President Trump's idea of shipping undocumented migrants from the border to sanctuary cities where they ought to be very welcomed with open arms...oh wait...the mayors of these sanctuary cities are against this idea, since Donald J. Trump has given consideration to this idea ...:D

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago
"Due to the fact that Democrats are unwilling to change our very dangerous immigration laws, we are indeed, as reported, giving strong considerations to placing Illegal Immigrants in Sanctuary Cities only...."

I gave this tweet from Donald J. Trump a likes....:)

Last edited:

Ellen Brown

I recommend caring less....consciously avoiding letting it get to you.
Also, be careful when an anti-Trumpette paints a very negative picture.
Things have not turned out as bad as (he) they've intimated eg, that Trump
is marching us into a Nazi Germany scenario.

I'm told that Trump is marching us into the largest National Deficit in US History?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I'm told that Trump is marching us into the largest National Deficit in US History?

In terms of deficit spending in comparison to the size of our economy, deficits in terms of debt to GDP were larger under President Obama than they are now under Donald J. Trump.

450px-CBO_Deficits_pct_GDP_1967-2027.png

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He is.
But so has every recent President.
It's the norm. And we've survived.
(Note that I oppose continual
deficit spending.)

Last edited:

ManSinha

I like President Trump's idea of shipping undocumented migrants from the border to sanctuary cities where they ought to be very welcomed with open arms...oh wait...the mayors of these sanctuary cities are against this idea, since Donald J. Trump has given consideration to this idea ...:D

"Due to the fact that Democrats are unwilling to change our very dangerous immigration laws, we are indeed, as reported, giving strong considerations to placing Illegal Immigrants in Sanctuary Cities only...."

Let us not turn this into a cherry picking contest shall we?

Obama inherited a near failed economy with names such as General (Government) motors and AIG near bankruptcy with its effects on the national economy. He had to deficit spend to pull the US out of that tailspin. What is Trump's excuse? He inherited a booming economy and hastened to put in a tax cut favoring the Republican base.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
He is.
But so has every recent President.
It's the norm. And we've survived.
(Note that I oppose continual
deficit spending.)

Papa Revoltingest is right.

When Obama was elected the conservatives did it.

Before him Bush Jr, was considered the great Satan by Liberals

Bill Clinton before him was treated much like Trump is now. With the opposing party trying to find any excuse to impeach.

It was calmer before Clinton, Bush Sr and everyone before had detractors but it's nothing like the rabid ferocity people present in politics today.

Though it was a different time to. Reagan was giving a speech once and a heckler was giving him heck. Reagan stopped and yelled "Ah shut up!" The crowd laughed and that was the end of it. I'm sure if Trump or any President, did that today the media would have a meltdown trying to spin it.

Everyone just needs to call down and take a step back.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Me too. I back that up explicitly.

Then I'm going to buy popcorn and watch the legal residents in that 'sanctuary' city go completely bat**** insane while the Democrats pat each other on the back and congratulate themselves on how accommodating and fair they are. Smiling and winking with photo ops with illegals.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
There is a theory that inspiring that reaction is deliberate strategy. If Trump's handlers and enablers can get you to throw up your hands and give up, that's one less person scrutinising them, thereby making it easier to get away with morally, ethically, and legally dubious actions. IIRC it's a political strategy the Russians perfected, called something like "the firehose".

edit: Russia's “Firehose of Falsehood” Propaganda Model

Stanyon

WWMRD?
There is a theory that inspiring that reaction is deliberate strategy. If Trump's handlers and enablers can get you to throw up your hands and give up, that's one less person scrutinising them, thereby making it easier to get away with morally, ethically, and legally dubious actions. IIRC it's a political strategy the Russians perfected, called something like "the firehose".

edit: Russia's “Firehose of Falsehood” Propaganda Model

That is why truth has prevailed and Donald J Trump is still POTUS

5c6.jpg

Enoch07

Premium Member

Never give up the fight comrade! I only wish all Democrats had your burning passion so that the whole world could see you for who you really are!!

Enoch07

Premium Member
In all seriousness. If you want a real conspiracy to chew on. Look up the definition of the word "gaslighting" and ponder on that.