• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's Disregard for the Rule of Law-- Again

Shad

Veteran Member
All right. Ya got me.

US immigration laws were really revamped in the 50s and 60s. This is what you see now. Before immigration laws were beyond merely restrictive. Medical conditions were barred. Unaccompanied children were barred. A good chunk of Asia was barred even to the point that the government treating Russians (SU) differently depending on which side of the Urals they were from. Head taxes. Visas type agreements (contract workers) were barred for the Chinese, Japanese and a lot of Asia but not Mexico and Europe. The laws reflected the views within America at various times these laws existed. Which isn't unusually considering that fact.

The whole poor huddles masses is just a poem from a poet that was never part of government nor had impact on policy. It was a feel good message that ignored the reality of American immigration systems and laws.

ecco

Veteran Member
all emphases in the following are mine...
Efforts were apparently made to insert FBI and MI6 asset, Cambridge academic Stefan Halper, into the Trump campaign. Halper had made overtures to Sam Clovis, Carter Page, and George Papadopoulos….

Halper has had contracts with the Defense Department, working for a Pentagon think tank called the Office of Net Assessment. According to federal records, ONA has paid Halper more than $1 million for research and development in the "social sciences and humanities"; this could have been the cover used by the Obama administration to pay Stefan Halper for his spying efforts against the Trump Campaign.

Your link requires payment, which I will not do. However, (with my emphases...
Stefan Halper - Wikipedia

Halper acted as an FBI informant for its investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections and was a subject of the Spygate conspiracy theory initiated by President Donald Trump in May 2018. The theory alleges that the Obama administration planted a paid spy in the 2016 Trump campaign “for political purposes” to gather information in support of Hillary Clinton's candidacy. Beginning in summer 2016, Halper spoke separately to three Trump campaign advisers — Carter Page, Sam Clovis and George Papadopoulos — but there is no evidence that Halper had actually joined Trump's campaign.

Trump’s Spygate allegations were widely debunked at the time, but gained renewed interest in April 2019 after attorney general William Barr testified to Congress that “spying did occur” on the Trump campaign, although his characterization of “spying” was ambiguous and he declined to be specific.

We also should keep in mind who Halper is...(same link)
He served as a White Houseofficial in the Nixon, Ford, and Reagan administrations, and was reportedly in charge of the CIA spying operation by the 1980 Ronald Reagan presidential campaign that became known as "Debategate".
That doesn't sound like someone who would work with Dems against Repubs.

ecco

Veteran Member
Stefan Halper gets over a cool mil from ONA during the Obama Administration for research in "social sciences and humanities"; seems to me this is a likely cover story for any monetary transfers in order to get paid for some spying. ....;)
The phrase "seems to me" is always a good starting point for a conspiracy theory. Often it is the only thing supporting the conspiracy theory.