• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump

Laniakea

Not of this world
Now you are really showing your "colors" as you have stereotyped them while showing zero basic Christian compassion.

Over & out.
Now let me ask you something. Do you have compassion on the law enforcement officers who are assaulted and even killed by illegals who come into our country? How about innocent civilians like Laken Riley? Any compassion for her family who has lost a daughter to an illegal who brutally murdered her?
There are many, many more instances of innocent Americans being assaulted or murdered by illegals in this country that you could show compassion for. Got any?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
7-10 years after they're released into the country and do whatever they want.

You don't know what you're talking about as there's a process that's involved, although that process certainly needs major revision. Both Pubs and Dems in the Senate came up with a bipartisan plan, but then Trump said to kill it because Biden would get the credit. Don't you even understand what that really means???

:rolleyes:Forget it!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
My video doesn't show the Texas National Guard putting up razor wire.
Regardless, you're attempt to divert attention from the fact that the illegal aliens assaulted them has failed. The video clearly shows it.
Wow! It does not have to. It was in the news who put it up. And you can see by the uniforms that they are not Border Patrol. You should be able to add one and one and get two.

And once again, what assault? I even offered to provide you with the definition of assault since you could not seem to find any.

You need to find an example of assault for me to respond to.

metis

Do you have compassion on the law enforcement officers who are assaulted and even killed by illegals who come into our country? How about innocent civilians like Laken Riley? Any compassion for her family who has lost a daughter to an illegal who brutally murdered her?
Yes, I do, but obviously you lack such compassion yourself so you can justify the morally bankruptcy of Trump and the MAGAs.

Laniakea

Not of this world
You don't know what you're talking about as there's a process that's involved, although that process certainly needs major revision. Both Pubs and Dems in the Senate came up with a bipartisan plan, but then Trump said to kill it because Biden would get the credit. Don't you even understand what that really means???

:rolleyes:Forget it!
I understand that you're attempting to divert attention from illegal alien violence and the "compassion" I'm supposed to feel for the perpetrators, and are using democrat talking points to do it.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Yes, I do, but obviously you lack such compassion yourself so you can justify the morally bankruptcy of Trump and the MAGAs.
There you go again with your diversion of the subject by using democrat talking points.
Stop excusing violence and other illegal activity by illegal aliens.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I understand that you're attempting to divert attention from illegal alien violence and the "compassion" I'm supposed to feel for the perpetrators, and are using democrat talking points to do it.
To me for there to be "violence" there has to be at least an attempted attack by one group upon another. That can easily be shown in the January 6 insurrection. The migrants only removed a barrier. One that has since been found to be illegal.

Laniakea

Not of this world
To me for there to be "violence" there has to be at least an attempted attack by one group upon another. That can easily be shown in the January 6 insurrection. The migrants only removed a barrier. One that has since been found to be illegal.
You're making an attempt to justify an assault against our law enforcement service members by illegal aliens invading our country.
But hey, throwing our service members under the bus in favor of criminals has become a liberal hobby lately.

Since liberals love to divert the topic away from illegal aliens, and toward conservatives not even related to the story, I guess I could bring up how a fallen police officer in New York was honored by Donald Trump while Joe Biden and his 2 former presidential buddies and all their rich liberal friends got together to rake in millions of dollars. How's that for compassion by liberals???

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You're making an attempt to justify an assault against our law enforcement service members by illegal aliens invading our country.
But hey, throwing our service members under the bus in favor of criminals has become a liberal hobby lately.

Since liberals love to divert the topic away from illegal aliens, and toward conservatives not even related to the story, I guess I could bring up how a fallen police officer in New York was honored by Donald Trump while Joe Biden and his 2 former presidential buddies and all their rich liberal friends got together to rake in millions of dollars. How's that for compassion by liberals???
No, you do not get to assume an "assault". I will grant that they pushed past the officers. That is not an assault. You cannot support your own claims, nor do you seem to want to know what the definition of "assault" is.

Laniakea

Not of this world
No, you do not get to assume an "assault". I will grant that they pushed past the officers. That is not an assault. You cannot support your own claims, nor do you seem to want to know what the definition of "assault" is.
Well, if you want to put your own definition of assault to the test, wait until your next encounter with a police officer. If he tells you to do something, give him a little shove backwards. You don't even have to "push past" him and run away. Just put your hand on his chest and push him back. Let me know what happens. I'll patiently wait until you post bail.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, if you want to put your own definition of assault to the test, wait until your next encounter with a police officer. If he tells you to do something, give him a little shove backwards. You don't even have to "push past" him and run away. Just put your hand on his chest and push him back. Let me know what happens. I'll patiently wait until you post bail.
Oh, you will get arrested immediately, but not for "assault".

metis

Yes, and it is a moral shame that some here just try to justify what happened on January 6th and basically anything that Trump does. It's rather obvious that such behavior is incompatible with both Christain and observant Jewish teachings, so we're seeing them water-down their "faith" so as to allow their belief in Trump.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes, and it is a moral shame that some here just try to justify what happened on January 6th and basically anything that Trump does. It's rather obvious that such behavior is incompatible with both Christain and observant Jewish teachings, so we're seeing them water-down their "faith" so as to allow their belief in Trump.
TDS is a destructive belief no matter who has it; The right always tries to claim that it is only a disease of the left, but I see far more examples from the right. Whoever has it tends to look less intelligent than they are. One cannot afford to admit that one is wrong ever because they can see that their whole house of cards will fall down as a result.

metis

One cannot afford to admit that one is wrong ever because they can see that their whole house of cards will fall down as a result.
Which is also called "pride":
The seven deadly sins, also known as the capital vices or cardinal sins, is a grouping and classification of vices within Christian teachings.[1] According to the standard list, they are pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony and sloth, which are contrary to the seven heavenly virtues... -- Seven deadly sins - Wikipedia

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Want to hear a "Democrat talking point?" Here is Senator John Ossoff (D), Georgia:

Mr. Chairman, I can’t help but reflect on what’s happened in the last few months in the Senate. No one, and I mean no one, is interested in or takes seriously lectures on border security from Senate Republicans. No one.
In one of the most stunning acts of political cowardice, in recent American history, a bi-partisan border security bill, co-authored by a conservative Republican member of this committee was put forward in the U.S. Senate. It would have tightened asylum standards to stop exploitation of the asylum system. It would have surged enforcement resources to the border. It would have meant more expedited removals of those who enter this country unlawfully. It would have empowered the Federal Government to take the fight to the drug cartels who are laying waste to communities across our country with fentanyl.
A bi-partisan border security bill co-authored by a conservative Republican member of this committee. And it wasn’t just voted down by Senate Republicans, it was denied even a debate on the floor of the United States Senate, because the former President of the United States, and he said this publicly, thought it wasn’t in his political interest for the nation to be served. It wasn’t in his political interest for a bi-partisan border security bill to be enacted by Congress.
The American people are smart, so all of the performative chest-pounding today on border security is utterly disingenuous. When Senate Republicans abrogated their basic governing responsibility and refused to even let us debate and amend that bi-partisan border security proposal.
And do you know what? He is absolutely right!

And now, today, this very day, House Democrat Leader Jeffries rose in support of the bills introduced by Republican Speaker Mike Johnson, not only to once again address border security, but also to address support for democratic allies Ukraine, Israel, South Korea and Taiwan. That is Democrats supporting Republican-led bills. That sort of support is not "Democrat talking points" as you suggest. It's what the Republicans refused to do months ago at the behest of ONE MAN. Donald J. Trump.

So how about you try honestly reflecting on that for a moment.

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
For people who want updates on the four criminal cases against Donald Trump, Politico has put up a tracking site:

Tracking the Trump criminal cases

The site gives its assessment of the strengths and weaknesses for each case.
Good site, handy. But one think that bothers me is the convention of referring to the case that is currently being tried in NY as the "Hush Money Case". I think that is the wrong way to refer to it. Yes, it does involve hush money, but that is not a good descriptor. This case is an election interference case.

So there is the Federal election interference case, the Georgia election interference case, and this one is the New York election interference case.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Good site, handy. But one think that bothers me is the convention of referring to the case that is currently being tried in NY as the "Hush Money Case". I think that is the wrong way to refer to it. Yes, it does involve hush money, but that is not a good descriptor. This case is an election interference case.

So there is the Federal election interference case, the Georgia election interference case, and this one is the New York election interference case.

The problem is that we already have a criminal case that everyone identifies the label "hush money" and, as you point out, another different case that everyone identifies with the label "election interference". They represent very different criminal charges.

The nature of the charges involving the Stormy Daniels case is somewhat complicated, as the Politico tracking page points out. Trump is alleged to have falsified business records in order to cover up his involvement in the crime that Michael Cohen was found guilty of and sent to prison for. Trump was an unindicted co-conspirator in that crime. The falsification of business records would normally be a misdemeanor, but not if the act was intended to cover up another crime. That is why prosecutors are charging him with a felony-level crime. His payment to Stormy Daniels is alleged to be an illegal campaign contribution to his campaign, and he is alleged to have falsified the payment in order to cover up cheating on his taxes.