• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
The border is already under democrat biden's control. He proved it with all the executive orders he signed on day 1 that opened the border back up, proving he can control border operations without Congressional approval.
Doing nothing to secure the border at this point is evidence of his control to keep it open.
It would be illegal to "close the border" as well as inhumane. Take time to read up on how asylum-seeking works:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
1713392727493.png

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
"No, a president cannot completely shut down the border with an executive order. A full border closure would violate federal laws granting people the right to seek asylum."

“The Administration spent months negotiating in good faith to deliver the toughest and fairest bipartisan border security bill in decades because we need Congress to make significant policy reforms and to provide additional funding to secure our border and fix our broken immigration system,” White House spokesperson Angelo Fernández Hernández said in a statement.

“No executive action, no matter how aggressive, can deliver the significant policy reforms and additional resources Congress can provide and that Republicans rejected. We continue to call on Speaker Johnson and House Republicans to pass the bipartisan deal to secure the border,” he added."

That seems to be a yes and no answer to the question of presidential authority on the border.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Either way it still stands that Biden doesn't even need a bill in the first place.

E.O.'s are limited in scope, so yes, he would need a bill much like Trump would, and yet the latter didn't get one passed to "solve" the problem either.

The fact remains that the Pubs and Dems had a bipartisan bill, and Trump said no to it for 100% political reasons. You can song & dance this all you want, but dats a fact, Jack.

Fact stands he just doesn't want to close the border at all.

Because closing the border would violate both American and international law.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The border is already under democrat biden's control. He proved it with all the executive orders he signed on day 1 that opened the border back up, proving he can control border operations without Congressional approval.
Doing nothing to secure the border at this point is evidence of his control to keep it open.
See my last post above.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nice photoshop.
I am pretty sure that it is not. It looks like a picture of Trump from Playboy magazine.

EDIT: This is from People magazine. I will give you one guess where they got the photo from. Not the same photo, but somehow they photoshopped the same suit:

1713468088104.png

Laniakea

Not of this world
How would you prove tat? People seem to scale it rather easily if they are young and fit. It would only have stopped refugees and they tend to use border crossings anyway.
So those people who assaulted National Guard and Border Patrol agents to storm the border aren't refugees after all?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So those people who assaulted National Guard and Border Patrol agents to storm the border aren't refugees after all?
I do not see any actual assault. I see pushing and shoving. It looks like their goal was to ask for refugee status. Did you keep listening? That was an illegal fence. Texas put it up. Do you need links on how refugees have rights according to not only international laws, but our laws? I can do so for you again if you wish.

You keep conflating refugees and run of the mill migrant workers.