• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump will concede upon results of the Electoral vote.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

These are the people who choose our president every time.

Like I said. Trump is just waiting for official results from the Electoral College vote prior to stepping down.

All conspiracy theorists over Trump alleged 'coup'. You can rest easy now.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Like I said. Trump is just waiting for official results from the Electoral College vote prior to stepping down.

Well thank heaven for small mercies. It's only taken him 23 days (is it?) to admit, partially and grudgingly, what every other losing president in history has conceded right away with far more clarity and grace.

The key feature of democracy is that the loser agrees to go, when the votes say so. Delay and prevarication are the danger signs that a coup can be in prospect.

(General Milley was evidently worried enough about a coup that he pointedly made a speech on 13th November stressing the military take an oath to the constitution and "not to a king or queen, a tyrant or a dictator", repeating they do not take an oath to "an individual". Gen. Milley: 'We take an oath to the Constitution')

By the way, what you say about Trump just waiting for the electoral college is false. He has been actively seeking to influence the way the electoral college votes are cast.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member

This shouldn't be news.
He lost by more than Clinton in 2016 and she conceded the same night.

He really is a bad loser

This is what they did to one of his golf courses in Scotland

Nimos

Think this statement pretty much sums up Trump.

“This is not a candidate that can get 80 million votes,” he said of Biden.
“The only way he got 80 million votes is through a massive fraud.”

Did it ever occur to him, that maybe Biden got so many, because people desperately wanted to get rid of Trump? :D

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Well thank heaven for small mercies. It's only taken him 23 days (is it?) to admit, partially and grudgingly, what every other losing president in history has conceded right away with far more clarity and grace.

The key feature of democracy is that the loser agrees to go, when the votes say so. Delay and prevarication are the danger signs that a coup can be in prospect.

(General Milley was evidently worried enough about a coup that he pointedly made a speech on 13th November stressing the military take an oath to the constitution and "not to a king or queen, a tyrant or a dictator", repeating they do not take an oath to "an individual". Gen. Milley: 'We take an oath to the Constitution')

By the way, what you say about Trump just waiting for the electoral college is false. He has been actively seeking to influence the way the electoral college votes are cast.

He has acknowledged he will 'leave' on January 20, but no I do not believe he will actually 'concede or admit legitimate defeat' in any civil respectful manner. I have no reservations that he will always believe that the election was fraudulent, and he was cheated by what Rudy describe centralized conspiracy fraud. I believe his radical conspiracy ridicule rhetoric will persist and influence the divisive future of our political system.

The delays of making a final determination of the results with some contentious rhetoric and a few law suits are not new nor rare in US election history. The difference is Trump's accusation of widespread endemic fraud, and inspiring and encouraging wide spread conspiracy belief of the fraudulent nature of our election system, and worse with QAnon. The stain of conspiracy radical division inspired by Trump's administration may have crippled US democracy for a long time, but I hope not permanently. Though it has been growing for some time with the movements of the 'Moral Majority,' and the Republican absolutely 'No Compromise,' which strained our political system in the past.

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Except I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that while saying that, he once again stated categorically that there was "massive fraud" in the election. Oh, and again without the vaguest shred of evidence.

He continues to try to undermine the nation's faith in its electoral system -- and that's a very bad thing for him to be doing. Along with totally dishonest, of course, but he's always been that.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

He did not say he would concede, only that he would step down. But then, Trump lies a lot, so...

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
He said he would step down if the EC votes against him, while also falsely claiming there is massive fraud. Given that he has been trying to disenfranchise a LOT of people, this is hardly comforting.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member

This is what I figured would happen. It is within his right to exercise any legal action he wants within the bounds we all agree to (which he has).

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Tiny hands. Tiny desk. Tiny mind.

88383794-9D23-44FD-85B8-CA5ECAE4368E.jpeg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This is what I figured would happen. It is within his right to exercise any legal action he wants within the bounds we all agree to (which he has).
Its not very hard to see what he was doing.

Guess some people are privy themselves for conspiracies as much as they accuse others of it.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Its not very hard to see what he was doing.

Guess some people are privy themselves for conspiracies as much as they accuse others of it.
He launched dozens of legal cases aimed at stopping and recounting the vote in several states while publicly claiming all sorts of electoral fraud, vote rigging and irregularities. Surely it's not in the realms of the conspiratorial to suggest that he was trying to overturn the results of the election here.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Hes a damn wanker who is totally oblivious as to how our elections work, and he got his base of Trumpeters to show us they don't get it either. Everything since the election is a formal ritual that just doesn't deviate from election results. The results of an election Trump lost. And with Georgia and Pennsylvania certified (something that in every other election has just been a baseless motion to officially certify what we already know) it is over for Trump. He lost and he's being a man-child who won't accept it. And he's just waiting until then (saying he is, anyways) because like a child who asks dad hoping for a yes after mom said no, Trump is likely to beg electors to go faithless and vote for him instead.