• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump wants a few executions while he's still in office...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'd happily be an executioner. I would've loved to have been the one to fry Bundy. Or you could just join the armed forces or police force.
Holy crap! Do not join either. The police are not supposed to be judge, jury, and executioner. For decent cops shooting someone is the last thing they ever want to do. Most in the military do not even get close to shooting people either. You seriously might want to get those anger issues addressed by a professional.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I don't care about making them suffer. I'm not interested in torturing them. Hell, they can have a robot do it by delivering a shot to the brain stem to kill them instantly for all I care. But I would have zero issue in removing an evil black hole of a "human being" from the world. It would be a service to humanity.
...until you find yourself executing people who have had negligent lawyers, or have been convicted on false evidence, or who are mentally impaired, perhaps. All of which happen, not infrequently.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'm fine with it. I think it's funny that CNN keeps claiming that Biden is "President-Elect" when he's not.
That is how the winner has always been described, from the moment the outcome is clear. Which it is. Nobody sane believes any of the remaining legal contortions of Trump's team have any chance of success - including them.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Unless, of course, you were wrongfully convicted. Do you think that has never happened? I listed three, in Canada, just with last names beginning with "M."

So "must have done something heinous" should be changed to "thought to have done something heinous, whether you did or not."
Thats why appeals were implemented.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Is a man who would feel glad to be a executionner fit that description of a sadist whose life dream is to cause suffering? I would say yes.
I'm sure for the greater part, if offered the opportunity, family and friends of those murdered would be more than willing to put an end to their source of torment and have the proper closure than have some stranger do it.

There's a distinct difference between an outright psychopath and sadist and someone doing the proper thing by putting an end to a dangerous person who wasn't really ever living in the first place.

Audie

Veteran Member
Now you're misrepresenting what I said. I never said I was okay with innocent people being executed, and that the system needs to be continually made better. I notice you skipped my other post where I pointed out that some people are just evil and can't be rehabilitated. I'd be interested in trying to see you justify keeping someone like Bundy alive. I guess you opposed the Nuremberg trials, too.

There are people whose guilt is evident, but there are executions of the innocent, too.

False convictions for lesser crimes are common as dirt.

The problem with executing the guilty monsters is that there is no bright line distinction between
evidence enough and not quite enough.

If there were, no innocents get executed, but they do.

epronovost

I'm sure for the greater part, if offered the opportunity, family and friends of those murdered would be more than willing to put an end to their source of torment and have the proper closure than have some stranger do it.

Except research has shown abundantly that catharsis doesn't provide closure, quite the opposite.

There's a distinct difference between an outright psychopath and sadist and someone doing the proper thing by putting an end to a dangerous person who wasn't really ever living in the first place.

Execution only kill defenceless people. Murderers are no longer an active threat to society once imprisonned. That's the point of prison in the first place.

Zaha Torte

That is how the winner has always been described, from the moment the outcome is clear. Which it is. Nobody sane believes any of the remaining legal contortions of Trump's team have any chance of success - including them.
The MSM does not decide who the President is.

Not all the States have certified. Candidates can legally challenge certifications. The Electoral College hasn't met yet.

There is no President-elect Biden.

Zaha Torte

Not all the States have certified. Candidates can legally challenge certifications. The Electoral College hasn't met yet.

Zaha Torte

He's not? Do you have some information that the rest of the world doesn't have?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
But it can't help but be noticed that he wants more executions during his lame-duck period than have ever happened before.
So much for being "pro-life". But the "religious right", who claim they're "pro-life", will support that.

And of course (well why not), they're mostly black.
No surprise here.
(By the way, I am absolutely opposed to capital punishment.
Ditto, and for what it's worth, there was a revision in the Catechism of the Catholic Church a few years ago that says that capital punishment is unconscionable since all countries have less brutal alternatives.

Zaha Torte

So much for being "pro-life". But the "religious right", who claim they're "pro-life", will support that.
You're right. We should change it to "pro-innocent-life".

Cook the baddies.
No surprise here.
No surprise that the majority of these committers of high crimess are black?

Isn't that kinda racist on your part?
Ditto, and for what it's worth, there was a revision in the Catechism of the Catholic Church a few years ago that says that capital punishment is unconscionable since all countries have less brutal alternatives.
Just more proof to me that the Catholic Church does not speak for God.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You're right. We should change it to "pro-innocent-life".

Cook the baddies.

No surprise that the majority of these committers of highs are black?

Isn't that kinda racist on your part?

Just more proof to me that the Catholic Church does not speak for God.
The above is thoroughly disgusting.

exchemist

Veteran Member

..........[repeat and fade]...........:D

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Odd then, that every prior contestant, on apparently winning the election, but before the EC had met, has been called President Elect. And the loser could have legally challenged at any time, then, too.

Did you object to all of those? Or only just this one time out of a nasty fit of pique?

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
Assuming 17 executions, with an average age of 52 years at time of execution, and an average life expectancy of 78 years if not executed, therefore a projected 26 years of incarceration costs saved per executed prisoner, at an average cost of $40,000 per year per prisoner (currently $37,000) we will realize a savings of about $17,000,000. Divided by a U.S. population of circa 350,000,000 means the average American will save roughly a nickel.

Apparently some lives aren’t worth a plug nickel.