• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump wants a few executions while he's still in office...

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Assuming 17 executions, with an average age of 52 years at time of execution, and an average life expectancy of 78 years if not executed, therefore a projected 26 years of incarceration costs saved per executed prisoner, at an average cost of $40,000 per year per prisoner (currently $37,000) we will realize a savings of about $17,000,000. Divided by a U.S. population of circa 350,000,000 means the average American will save roughly a nickel.

Apparently some lives aren’t worth a plug nickel.
So, it's all about money?

Zaha Torte

Odd then, that every prior contestant, on apparently winning the election, but before the EC had met, has been called President Elect. And the loser could have legally challenged at any time, then, too.

Did you object to all of those? Or only just this one time out of a nasty fit of pique?
Were they challenged though? If the other candidate challenges and claims evidence of widespread fraud - like Trump has - I would object to the MSM ignoring that and announcing a winner before the Electoral Collage met.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Were they challenged though? If the other candidate challenges and claims evidence of widespread fraud - like Trump has - I would object to the MSM ignoring that and announcing a winner before the Electoral Collage met.
Trump says "widespread fraud." His lawyers say "widespread fraud." Then, when they get in front of a judge in court, to a person they say, "no, you're Honor, we are not alleging fraud."

Know why? Because they have no evidence at all, and if a lawyer lies to a judge, he/she can be disbarred.

So claims be damned -- bring on the evidence. And so far? Not even a hint of it.

Get over it, it's over.

Zaha Torte

Trump says "widespread fraud." His lawyers say "widespread fraud." Then, when they get in front of a judge in court, to a person they say, "no, you're Honor, we are not alleging fraud."

Know why? Because they have no evidence at all, and if a lawyer lies to a judge, he/she can be disbarred.

So claims be damned -- bring on the evidence. And so far? Not even a hint of it.

Get over it, it's over.
The Constitution disagrees with you. They have time to build their cases. Governors are demanding audits. It isn't over. No President-Elect Biden.

Zaha Torte

You are correct, we don't.

But you completely avoided answering my point, didn't you?
I believe I addressed your point just fine.

When people make certain decisions they can forfeit their right to live.

We live in reality - not fantasy wizard land.

And - by the way - Gandalf killed a bunch of people in those books.