• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump rebukes his supporters for their hate

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
His only "crime" I see is that he supports conservative candidates. So do I generally ,so I guess that makes me a bad person as well.

Hmm...I wouldn't quite go that far. I'm just not of the 'where there's smoke, there's fire' brigade.
Rather, there could be fire. Or not.

Also worth noting there are 'conservatives' and 'Conservatives'. Not all cut from the same cloth.

David1967

Premium Member
Did said person argue that shock treatment will cure the gays? Or that their kids shouldn't go to school with Jews? Or that it's okay to sexually assault women so long as you're famous enough to get away with it?
If so than they are deplorable and you should tell them so.

No he didn't, and I never asked, as none of that pertained to his job. However had he started sharing such views at work, he would have been terminated.

Anyway, the people Trump is hiring aren't qualified for the job

I'm cautiously optimistic that they wont be. Time will tell. You may be right, but for all our sake I hope your wrong.

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member
Hmm...I wouldn't quite go that far. I'm just not of the 'where there's smoke, there's fire' brigade.
Rather, there could be fire. Or not.

Also worth noting there are 'conservatives' and 'Conservatives'. Not all cut from the same cloth.

Agreed.

David1967

Premium Member
The big infrastructure spending he has planned could very well go a lot further than anything Obama did in that area, provided it doesn't get defanged and diluted in Congress and makes it through.

Everything is conjecture at this point. He's already moved more to the center. Its a wait and see and hope for the best thing. The biggest thing that directed me to vote for Trump was the health care. The ACA priced me right out of the market. Someone here was complaining that their medicare 'might' get cut. Well, now thanks to ACA,I have no health care whatsoever. To be fair he may not do much better, but, there's a chance, and I didn't see that with Hillary.

Sultan Of Swing

Everything is conjecture at this point. He's already moved more to the center. Its a wait and see and hope for the best thing. The biggest thing that directed me to vote for Trump was the health care. The ACA priced me right out of the market. Someone here was complaining that their medicare 'might' get cut. Well, now thanks to ACA,I have no health care whatsoever. To be fair he may not do much better, but, there's a chance, and I didn't see that with Hillary.
His current stance on ACA seems to like the good parts of it, and dislike the bad parts. Only trouble is, the good parts seem reliant on the bad parts being there. :p

We can only wait and see.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Will be funny if a Republican President with a Republican Congress implements more left-wing policy than the Democrat President with a Republican Congress.
If that happens I eventually dismiss these next four years as me having the greatest psychedelic trip that has ever been experienced in the history of humanity.
And some of Trump's positions, like paid maternity leave, I see that one seeing no or very little opposition from the Democrats while the Republicans, including Pence, are foaming at the mouth. Immigration? He's went totally Left enough now that I don't see much opposition from the Democrats over deporting only those with a criminal record, but I see many Republicans raging that it's not going far enough. Gay marriage? No opposition from the Dems, unlike, again, the Republicans foaming at the mouth. Relaxing American military hegemony? Even us way-far-far-outfield Lefties have been wanting that. Republicans? That's against one of the very foundations of neo-Conservativism.
That Trump is even taking advice from Bill and Barack, it makes me wonder if we might just see any pro-green agenda if Trump is convinced of the future potential gains of wealth versus the inevitable total collapse of oil and coal.
If this new Trump is the Trump we're going to have for the next four years, this calm, reasonable, mature adult who isn't mocking people, is taking in advice, and has put the jackassery behind him, there may even be a potential to bridge the severe partisanship if there is no reason for the Dems to oppose a number of issues from a Rep president.

David1967

Premium Member
His current stance on ACA seems to like the good parts of it, and dislike the bad parts. Only trouble is, the good parts seem reliant on the bad parts being there. :p

I hope that he can pull that off. The parts he said he wanted to keep in the interview are IMO worthwhile. Can he? I don't know. The ACA took an already bad health care system and made it intolerable and undoable for many working class families.

We can only wait and see.

That is all any of us can do. And hope.

Sultan Of Swing

If that happens I eventually dismiss these next four years as me having the greatest psychedelic trip that has ever been experienced in the history of humanity.
And some of Trump's positions, like paid maternity leave, I see that one seeing no or very little opposition from the Democrats while the Republicans, including Pence, are foaming at the mouth. Immigration? He's went totally Left enough now that I don't see much opposition from the Democrats over deporting only those with a criminal record, but I see many Republicans raging that it's not going far enough. Gay marriage? No opposition from the Dems, unlike, again, the Republicans foaming at the mouth. Relaxing American military hegemony? Even us way-far-far-outfield Lefties have been wanting that. Republicans? That's against one of the very foundations of neo-Conservativism.
That Trump is even taking advice from Bill and Barack, it makes me wonder if we might just see any pro-green agenda if Trump is convinced of the future potential gains of wealth versus the inevitable total collapse of oil and coal.
If this new Trump is the Trump we're going to have for the next four years, this calm, reasonable, mature adult who isn't mocking people, is taking in advice, and has put the jackassery behind him, there may even be a potential to bridge the severe partisanship if there is no reason for the Dems to oppose a number of issues from a Rep president.
Even building a border wall is not exactly extremist right-wing... having a border is quite reasonable, many left-wing countries have them, haha. It was the rhetoric surrounding the wall that made it worse, rather than just having a wall itself.

And as Trump has now made clear, some parts of this 'wall' will actually be fence, depending on what is practical and makes the most sense.

The biggest appeal of Trump to me was the non-interventionist slant of his foreign policy. Let's hope he doesn't compromise on that one and listen to his establishment advisors.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I hope that he can pull that off. The parts he said he wanted to keep in the interview are IMO worthwhile. Can he? I don't know. The ACA took an already bad health care system and made it intolerable and undoable for many working class families.
I'm hoping he can be convinced just how much cheaper, easier, and better it is to just have a single payer system.

Sultan Of Swing

I'm hoping he can be convinced just how much cheaper, easier, and better it is to just have a single payer system.
Years ago he explicitly supported it, and even recently in the midst of the Republican primaries he was implying support for universal healthcare, when asked directly he would say "Look, we're gonna take care of people", until he got hounded on it so much and relented to something more Republican-friendly.

No idea how he'd get such a thing through Congress though. I suppose a coalition of Democrats and Trump-loyal Republicans perhaps could command a majority.

Perhaps he can pass Republican-friendly stuff in the first two years of his presidency, hope the Democrats take Congress in 2018, then pass left-wing stuff then. :tearsofjoy:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It was the rhetoric surrounding the wall that made it worse, rather than just having a wall itself.
The wall is a dumb idea no matter how you look at it. The Berlin Wall still saw many people risking their lives to pass it, and in regards to Mexico, the cartel and other gangs are already tunneling underneath and going around the wall we actually already have. It's definitely a case were we just going to have to accept they are here and adjust according, and realize that walls just do not work.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No idea how he'd get such a thing through Congress though. I suppose a coalition of Democrats and Trump-loyal Republicans perhaps could command a majority.
Probably. Left wing causes should be a go with this arrangement, especially since Republicans only hold Senate by a few seats.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I did just get to pondering over something. Trump has tried to run as a Democrat a few times in the past, and he does have a good number of positions that align with the Left. Could it be he went Republican because the Democrats just would not tolerate his abhorrent behaviors, and really not even giving a serious thought into changing his positions?

jonathan180iq

It is the Dems who are fearmongering. Clinton and Obama refuse to lead their supporters by condemning the violence and discouraging false narratives.

For the sake or argument, shouldn't there be just as much outrage from the Right about the fire that's been stoked in many ethnocentric circles around the country? Shouldn't the rhetoric that got people so fired up at Trump's rallies that they would chant "Hang that ni@@er!", "Trump that B!tch", "F#ck the beaners - build a wall!.", be overtly condemned by the new leaders-elect? Shouldn't the small-town racist and white supremacist graffiti that's going up all over the country be disavowed with as much veracity as Hillary and Obama are supposed to give the leftist rioters?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes I did read the link, and followed all the hyperlinks (it was a wild goose chase...got linked through 5 different websites at one point lol) but quotes are not convincing or proof (at least to me) of your initial claim that Bannon is a white supremacist.
A lot of the 'information' here comes from left leaning sources like NPR,
who will express these opinions as though they're factual, with a basis
like, "it has been said". No kidding...that's what I heard today to justify
claims that Bannon is a racist. And now that one person has said it has
been said, many more will say it has been said. And if it has been said
to have been said enuf times, then it becomes double good truthsome.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I did just get to pondering over something. Trump has tried to run as a Democrat a few times in the past, and he does have a good number of positions that align with the Left. Could it be he went Republican because the Democrats just would not tolerate his abhorrent behaviors, and really not even giving a serious thought into changing his positions?
We he a Democrat, they'ed not only tolerate his antics, they'd defend him.
Bill Clinton understood this, & was even complimented for being "European".
They really are the party of the Weiner.

Perditus

へびつかい座
For the sake or argument, shouldn't there be just as much outrage from the Right about the fire that's been stoked in many ethnocentric circles around the country? Shouldn't the rhetoric that got people so fired up at Trump's rallies that they would chant "Hang that ni@@er!", "Trump that B!tch", "F#ck the beaners - build a wall!.", be overtly condemned by the new leaders-elect? Shouldn't the small-town racist and white supremacist graffiti that's going up all over the country be disavowed with as much veracity as Hillary and Obama are supposed to give the leftist rioters?
Trump directly addressed the camera on "60 Minutes", a national forum, and told his supporters, "Stop it. Stop it."

No such words have been heard from Obama or Clinton despite numerous opportunities of their own.

That says one hell of a lot about those two.

Perditus

へびつかい座
A glitch prevents me from editing my last post.

I want to add that CBS could have broadcast Trump's admonition on Friday following the interview, but instead chose to stir the pot of divisiveness by waiting until Sunday evening.