• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump rebukes his supporters for their hate

निताइ dasa

Nitai's servant's servant
More bigoted racist quotes from Steve Bannon, for those of you that want a fuller picture just google; Steve Bannon racist quotes for more of the same;

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/14/ste...will-be-one-of-donald-trumps-senior-advisors/

Let us break this down. I found no evidence of "White Sumpremacy" from Bannons statements, hence I still think your original claim is false. Quoting from bits of the article:

“renegade Jew” and Washington Post columnist Anne Applebaum as “a Polish, Jewish, American elitist scorned.”

Calling someone a Jew does not make one Anti-Semitic, just like calling someone Black does not make one racist.

misogynistic headlines from Breitbart including “Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy” and “The Solution To Online ‘Harassment’ Is Simple: Women Should Just Log off.”.”

Both of these articles were written by Milo. And as you many know, Milo is a provocateur. He purposefully writes in a offensive way to get a reaction. His articles are very well reasoned actually (although its more satirical in nature). These were not written by Bannon, so its besides the point. No white supremacy here.

He has also claimed Catholics want to boost Hispanic immigration to the United States because their “church is dying,” referred to the Civil War as the “war of Southern Independence,”

So I tried, following this source down, until I hit a paywall. In any case, the statement itself is not racist (unless you can make an argument for it). No white supremacy here either.

“bunch of dykes that came from the Seven Sisters schools up in New England,

Offensive maybe? sexist maybe? (I don't think the usage of any word is itself sexist.). White supremacist? no. I actually listened to the audio, and he was arguing how the left vilifies women who choose more conservative roles (like starting a family, staying at home etc).

The more I read, the more I'm starting to doubt the claims.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
By what standard do you condone white nationalism as white supremacy while being proud in other races (black nationalism etc) is not?
Black nationalism, eh? Isn't that quaint? Couch their fight for equal rights as "Black Nationalism" and somehow that justifies bigotry? It amazes me the lengths people will go to in order to justify their deplorable beliefs. I don't care what religion or ethnicity you are, but redefining the issues like this is pretty sleazy. It's part of the polarization of the US. I haven't really seen black nationalism this century. That would be blacks wanting to get rid of all whites. However, white nationalism, aka White supremacists, are pretty active and want separation.

15027767_1534065253271114_4005676515378737176_n.jpg

निताइ dasa

Black nationalism, eh? Isn't that quaint? Couch their fight for equal rights as "Black Nationalism" and somehow that justifies bigotry? It amazes me the lengths people will go to in order to justify their deplorable beliefs. I don't care what religion or ethnicity you are, but redefining the issues like this is pretty sleazy. It's part of the polarization of the US. I haven't really seen black nationalism this century. That would be blacks wanting to get rid of all whites. However, white nationalism, aka White supremacists, are pretty active and want separation.

15027767_1534065253271114_4005676515378737176_n.jpg

Look, I'm not American so I not really familiar with the rhetoric, but when I see a contradiction, I will say it. Nationalism as I understand, means to be proud of a trait that one possesses. If someone says "I am proud to be black" then I see no problem with someone saying "I'm proud to be white". This is coming from a person of color. If I am misunderstanding something, then kindly let me know.

I haven't really seen black nationalism this century. That would be blacks wanting to get rid of all whites. However, white nationalism, aka White supremacists, are pretty active and want separation.

That is not how I understood the term white nationalists. If you can give me a statement of Bannon claiming something, I would like to read it and examine his reasoning. Only then can I determine if he is racist or not.

Dasa You claim to have a college education, surely you can do better research than that into Breibart. Bannon hired Milo after all, he's the CEO of the "news" site.

Yes, and Milo is purposefully offensive, have you read his articles? All I want is one statement of Bannon's that confirms that he is a white Supremacist. Just because you hire someone does not mean that you shares their views. That is unreasonable. I don't even think Milo is a white supremacist lol.

Last edited:

निताइ dasa

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

As for quotes straight from this jackazz' bigoted azz: https://www.romper.com/p/5-steve-b

annon-quotes-that-explain-why-trumps-chief-strategist-pick-is-concerning-22563

I don't agree with that definition, but sure, now I know how you see it. Again, I don't see any of this rhetoric coming from Bannon.

Thank you. This is a little better argument. However, I see nothing here about white supremacy, so my point remains. (I actually found Milo's article hilarious though). The conclusion that the author is making for some of these quotes though is crazy. The closest quote seems to be below:

Look, are there some people that are white nationalists that are attracted to some of the philosophies of the alt-right? Maybe. Are there some people that are anti-Semitic that are attracted? Maybe. Right? Maybe some people are attracted to the alt-right that are homophobes, right? But that's just like, there are certain elements of the progressive left and the hard left that attract certain elements.

Okay cool. Not much of argument I see here though. Come on, all I need is one statement in which he says "Whites are superior to Blacks" or "America should be white only".

edit:

Anyway, I don't have a desire to continue this discussion if this is all the evidence presented. To the people reading this thread, hopefully you will critically examine the evidence before accepting (or not) that Bannon is a "white supremacist". A word of advice to everyone out there. When you label someone a racist, a sexist, a bigot, a homophobe when there is not direct evidence that the person is one, then these words lose their power. Just like the boy who cried wolf, there may come a time when someone who is actually racist/sexist/homophobic may spring up, and no-one will believe it because these words will have lost their meaning. I am seeing with my own eyes, that nowdays, people do not even care when someone calls them a racist etc because of how often that word is used falsely. Always critically examine each claim given to you, identify the questioned claim in proper context (instead of reading it from a biased news outlet) and come to a well backed up conclusion whether someone is a racist/sexist/homophobe or not. Be prepared to defend your view from scrutiny. I didn't even know of Bannon until today, but reading the evidence presented to me; he may be many things, but he is not a white supremacist. Jaya Nitaai!

Last edited:

Perditus

へびつかい座
You know what this todo is about?

Conservatives and the right in general are not allowed to have their own personal opinions.

I don't care about his opinions. He is allowed to think what he wants because this is the United States.

It's the Liberals who are wearing the jackboots. They are the worst kind of hypocrites; the kind that never look in the mirror.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Dasa, He gave you Bannon quotes, and your reply is I don't see any quotes, did you even read the link???

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
If that involves cutting of my medicare, then yes supporters of that would be bad people!!

Perditus

へびつかい座
If that involves cutting of my medicare, then yes supporters of that would be bad people!!
You don't get it, do you.

It is the Dems who are fearmongering. Clinton and Obama refuse to lead their supporters by condemning the violence and discouraging false narratives.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I knew he would.

Donald Trump Tells Protesters 'Don't Be Afraid', Calls for Hate Crimes to Stop - ABC News

Trump said he was “surprised” to hear about the hate crimes, racial slurs and threats from some of his supporters after the election, but told them to “stop it.”

“I am so saddened to hear that. And I say, ‘Stop it.’ If it-- if it helps. I will say this, and I will say right to the cameras: Stop it.”
That is ... less than reassuring, given how he incited them for months.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It makes me wonder if Pence was just a pawn to attract the far right.
I've suspected that the day he chose Pence. Trump did not have the support of that group the way any other Republican would, so he picked their "Champion" to bolster his approval with them.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That is ... less than reassuring, given how he incited them for months.
It's definitely interesting. He campaigned like he was a living professional wrestler gimmick, and now he's all of a sudden he's someone I can believe actually runs a business. Voicing admiration for the people protesting against him, and telling his supporters to cut the crap, that sounds absolutely nothing like someone who gets into Twitter wars at 3 in the morning and making up lies about sex tapes or saying he will only accept the results if he wins. If all I knew was from election day on, I'd think he was a safe bet, of a tolerant and respectable character with a decent number of positions I support, and I'd seriously doubt he actually did offer to pay lawyer fees for anyone who goes to jail overall literally fighting for his cause. That he'd actually attract some people who actually did get violent at his rallies, I'd really have to do some research before buying it.
It's a serious WTF!?!?! No wonder markets plummeted over predicted instability. We know the man walking into the White House is named Trump, but exactly which Trump is going to show up for his inauguration? I guess he wasn't lying when he said he'd keep us in suspense.

David1967

Premium Member
Just because you hire someone does not mean that you shares their views. That is unreasonable.

True. I once hired a fellow was a little to the left of Karl Marx as far as politics go. That is very far from my way of thinking. But he was knowledgeable in what I hired him for (guitar teacher) and he did his job. I didn't care about that as long as he did his job. Certainly we never called each other names such as "deplorable" ,or other such juvenile things.

Sultan Of Swing

At least Trump is starting to acknowledge this. And with the exception of his cabinet appointments, this new Trump is looking like he might be abit further Left than the average Democrat. If he would have held these flopped positions and this calm, rational, and mature adult human being rhetoric during his campaign I might have voted for him (and if he wouldn't have picked Pence - that one alone got me to vote for Hillary despite not wanting another Clinton).

Will be funny if a Republican President with a Republican Congress implements more left-wing policy than the Democrat President with a Republican Congress.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
True. I once hired a fellow was a little to the left of Karl Marx as far as politics go. That is very far from my way of thinking. But he was knowledgeable in what I hired him for (guitar teacher) and he did his job. I didn't care about that as long as he did his job. Certainly we never called each other names such as "deplorable" ,or other such juvenile things.
Did said person argue that shock treatment will cure the gays? Or that their kids shouldn't go to school with Jews? Or that it's okay to sexually assault women so long as you're famous enough to get away with it?
If so than they are deplorable and you should tell them so.
Anyway, the people Trump is hiring aren't qualified for the job, they're just vile human beings. Well...like Trump.