• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump rebukes his supporters for their hate

Spiderman

Veteran Member

Shad

Veteran Member
I knew he would.

Donald Trump Tells Protesters 'Don't Be Afraid', Calls for Hate Crimes to Stop - ABC News

Trump said he was “surprised” to hear about the hate crimes, racial slurs and threats from some of his supporters after the election, but told them to “stop it.”

“I am so saddened to hear that. And I say, ‘Stop it.’ If it-- if it helps. I will say this, and I will say right to the cameras: Stop it.”

He no longer needs to pander to this ilk for their vote. Now he is pandering to a large portion of the population for support.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I'm not exactly complaining but where the **** was this guy when he was running for president? You know, the guy who made fun of prisoners of war?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Trump rebukes his supporters by appointing avowed racist and white supremacist Steve Bannon as chief strategist to his cabinet, Yeah Trump's not a racist at all.

Breitbart certainly attracts interesting attention. But has Bannon openly courted white supremacy?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
If this guy was around when he was running for president, perhaps he would never have won...
I was thinking about this, too. I think he still had a chance. The main populace that makes up the republican base wouldn't have gone anywhere. I also think he would have won over moderate/centrist Democrats. Basically, he could have taken Bernies theme/atmosphere of his campaign, flipped some of the points conservative and bam! I think he would have still stood a decent shot.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Just so everyone knows, negative comments about illegal immigrants or Muslims isn't racist in itself.

Illegal immigrant is not a race. Islam is not a race. I'm not saying anyone here doesn't know that, but a lot of People often call people racist for making comments that aren't racist.

I don't know anything about Steve Banons comments to know whether they were racist or not, I just know the term racist is way overused

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Racists are constantly claiming racism is not a real problem, the problem is when you start believing them.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
At least Trump is starting to acknowledge this. And with the exception of his cabinet appointments, this new Trump is looking like he might be abit further Left than the average Democrat. If he would have held these flopped positions and this calm, rational, and mature adult human being rhetoric during his campaign I might have voted for him (and if he wouldn't have picked Pence - that one alone got me to vote for Hillary despite not wanting another Clinton).

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
At least Trump is starting to acknowledge this. And with the exception of his cabinet appointments, this new Trump is looking like he might be abit further Left than the average Democrat. If he would have held these flopped positions and this calm, rational, and mature adult human being rhetoric during his campaign I might have voted for him (and if he wouldn't have picked Pence - that one alone got me to vote for Hillary despite not wanting another Clinton).
It makes me wonder if Pence was just a pawn to attract the far right.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It makes me wonder if Pence was just a pawn to attract the far right.
Not just the far right, a specific part of them.
He lost a ton of Cruz type Christian voters and was losing them badly. Between his High Priest of Mammon life and the horrible things he said about Cruz and especially Heidi Cruz, he was forced to pick an evangelical he didn't like or want. Or he wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning the general election.
Tom

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Racists are constantly claiming racism is not a real problem, the problem is when you start believing them.
I'm not saying racism isn't a problem. I'm saying I've seen comments labeled "racist " and the comment wasnt referring to a race.

I'm not sure what Steve said, so don't know one way or the other.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not just the far right, a specific part of them.
He lost a ton of Cruz type Christian voters and was losing them badly. Between his High Priest of Mammon life and the horrible things he said about Cruz and especially Heidi Cruz, he was forced to pick an evangelical he didn't like or want. Or he wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning the general election.
Tom
I told you Trump is smart.
Hillary wasn't thinking strategically in picking her VP.
He was an adequate leftie, but she needed spice, redemption & balance.
He added nothing.

But caution here, bub...before you jump on the bandwagon,
be aware that smart doesn't necessarily equal good.