• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump could win

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To answer your mischievous rhetorical question....
Yes I paid attention in civics class.
But then I paid attention to the real world application and realized the Popular Vote is nothing more than a popularity contest.
It in no way "elects" the President of the US.
The Electoral College appoints the President of the US and they may or may not take the popularity contest results into consideration when do.
I know that it's fun to relabel the election as an "appointment".
But it smacks of dismissing the value of voting.
Note the actual terminology & process described in the
Constitution's 12th Amendment....
Twelfth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I thought she be.......East Indian
a bi-racial person identifies with the group they are raised in.

i have a bi-racial friend who identifies as caucasian. but she has informed me that for some blacks she is to white and for some whites, she's to black.

so for biracial people its often best to ask how they identify most.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
a bi-racial person identifies with the group they are raised in.

i have a bi-racial friend who identifies as caucasian. but she has informed me that for some blacks she is to white and for some whites, she's to black.

so for biracial people its often best to ask how they identify most.
?????

so we should ignore what we see?
as well as bloodline?

well.....the voting system is a circus

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The "people" did not elect Trump in 2016.
Trump lost the Popular Vote.
The Electoral College appointed Trump President.
Well the people did vote in terms of individual states. So the majority did lawfully elect Trump.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I agree. Biden is letting this thing slip from his hands, and if Dems don't start acknowledging, owning, and condemning riots the Dems will get an election day whomping. If Biden doesn't start doing something he will lose.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well the people did vote in terms of individual states. So the majority did lawfully elect Trump.
Not how it works. I votes for Hillary. Officially my vote(and many more due to the atrocity of winner take all) didnt count for **** and was unacknowledged when it came the official tally.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not how it works. I votes for Hillary. Officially my vote(and many more due to the atrocity of winner take all) didnt count for **** and was unacknowledged when it came the official tally.
Population varies state to state. If you go by majority, those states will never count. Only large urban metropolitan states will permanently acquiesce the vote if the electorate is eliminated leaving a great portion of the country out to pasture without a voice.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Population varies state to state. If you go by majority, those states will never count. Only large urban metropolitan states will permanently acquiesce the vote if the electorate is eliminated leaving a great portion of the country out to pasture without a voice.
Florida andd Ohio are pretty much all that matter now. Except for a few states the rest are so predictable it makes a sham of our elections and it makes most of the nation uncompetitive, with those who don't vote as the EC effectively being told to shut up as their voice goes entirely unheard.
We need EVERYONES vote to count, and it count for 1 and no more and no less.

ecco

Veteran Member
Biden had brain surgery
and can't carry a speech in his pocket

he will be a sock puppet

I guess you don't remember Trump mocking Obama for using a teleprompter.

I guess you don't realize that the only time Trump sounds somewhat rational is when he is carefully reading what his speechwriters wrote.

Just one example...
Trump was supposed to give a speech on energy. He went way off script.

By CAITLIN OPRYSKO

08/13/2019 05:00 PM EDT

Updated 08/13/2019 06:18 PM EDT

President Donald Trump on Tuesday headed to a Shell petrochemicals plant being built outside Pittsburgh to give what was billed by the White House as a speech on “America’s Energy Dominance and Manufacturing Revival.”

But the hourlong address was light on energy policy and heavy on stump speech material and off-script riffs, as Trump touched on everything from his love of trucks to his assessment of his potential 2020 rivals. The meandering speech came on a day when the president had already attacked a CNN anchor, endorsed a controversial World Series hero’s potential congressional bid and defended his parroting of a conspiracy theory concerning the apparent suicide of his onetime friend Jeffrey Epstein.

Here are some of Trump's most off-key comments:

On the supposed benefits of natural gas over renewable energy: “When the wind stops blowing, it doesn’t make any difference does it? Unlike those big windmills that destroy everybody’s property values, kill all the birds. One day the environmentalists are going to tell us what’s going on with that. And then all of a sudden it stops. The wind and the televisions go off. And your wives and husbands say: ‘Darling, I want to watch Donald Trump on television tonight. But the wind stopped blowing and I can’t watch. There’s no electricity in the house, darling.'”
Without a script, he's an utter dufus.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That is the exact attitude that got Trump elected.

However, if you can't see a difference between Biden and Trump then you probably aren't qualified to vote anyway.

How does my statement say anything about my knowledge of their differences???

No need for sarcasm.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I guess you don't remember Trump mocking Obama for using a teleprompter.

I guess you don't realize that the only time Trump sounds somewhat rational is when he is carefully reading what his speechwriters wrote.

Just one example...
Trump was supposed to give a speech on energy. He went way off script.

By CAITLIN OPRYSKO

08/13/2019 05:00 PM EDT

Updated 08/13/2019 06:18 PM EDT

President Donald Trump on Tuesday headed to a Shell petrochemicals plant being built outside Pittsburgh to give what was billed by the White House as a speech on “America’s Energy Dominance and Manufacturing Revival.”

But the hourlong address was light on energy policy and heavy on stump speech material and off-script riffs, as Trump touched on everything from his love of trucks to his assessment of his potential 2020 rivals. The meandering speech came on a day when the president had already attacked a CNN anchor, endorsed a controversial World Series hero’s potential congressional bid and defended his parroting of a conspiracy theory concerning the apparent suicide of his onetime friend Jeffrey Epstein.

Here are some of Trump's most off-key comments:

On the supposed benefits of natural gas over renewable energy: “When the wind stops blowing, it doesn’t make any difference does it? Unlike those big windmills that destroy everybody’s property values, kill all the birds. One day the environmentalists are going to tell us what’s going on with that. And then all of a sudden it stops. The wind and the televisions go off. And your wives and husbands say: ‘Darling, I want to watch Donald Trump on television tonight. But the wind stopped blowing and I can’t watch. There’s no electricity in the house, darling.'”
Without a script, he's an utter dufus.

His supporters do not have the attention span to notice his lack of continuity or that his longest coherent message is no more than a single sentence long. or that he can not stay on topic longer than a few seconds.
He is truly one of them.