• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump could win

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That ain't what you originally said:

Most likely I won't vote doesn't mean indecisive. Just means either I will or I won't. Doesn't mean I don't know about either party. It's a choice of action not a confusion of thought.

I stand by my comment you quoted. Sounds more of an assumption on your part and reacting to your assumption as if it's true. You have to give me more of how you came up with indecisiveness than requoting my statement.

ecco

Veteran Member
Most likely I won't vote doesn't mean indecisive.
I never said you were indecisive. Please do try to keep track of the conversation.
I stand by my comment you quoted. Sounds more of an assumption on your part and reacting to your assumption as if it's true. You have to give me more of how you came up with indecisiveness than requoting my statement.
I never said you were indecisive. Please do try to keep track of the conversation.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Indecisive means the same as the idiom "being on the fence" and not making a decision. You don't have to say the word. English is contextual not literalism. Your first post mentioned the idiom and went on from there.

ecco

Veteran Member
Indecisive means the same as the idiom "being on the fence" and not making a decision. You don't have to say the word. English is contextual not literalism. Your first post mentioned the idiom and went on from there.

Here are your comment and my "first post" in response.
Most likely I won't vote. I don't support either.

That is the exact attitude that got Trump elected.

However, if you can't see a difference between Biden and Trump then you probably aren't qualified to vote anyway.

You said you don't support either.
You said you probably wouldn't vote.

I never commented about indecisiveness or your sitting on the fence. My comments were always directed at you not being able to see the difference between Trump and Biden. I don't chalk that up to indecisiveness.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
then I hope you continue to straddle the fence.

I was responding to this originally. Indecisiveness is what it means to straddle the fence.

"You can't make a decision either way so you sit in the middle"

How did you come to that conclusion based on my decision to vote or not when I did not give context to whether or not I was confused, ignorance, or just deciding what I will or will not do?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
My comments were always directed at you not being able to see the difference between Trump and Biden. I don't chalk that up to indecisivenes

This was later. Where did you get (edit) I didn't know the difference between the two from not yet deciding whether I will vote?

I didn't say who I may vote for, I just said I probably may not vote.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
So, I have to pick a side and if not, I'm supposed to be straddling the fence?

First off, I do need to apologize. I did indeed imply that you were being indecisive and I had forgotten the way I worded that.

My wording was: "If you haven't been able to see what Trump has done to this country, then I hope you continue to straddle the fence."

I should have worded that: "If you haven't been able to see what Trump has done to this country, then I hope you continue your desire to probably not vote.."

How does not choosing mean I do not know what Trump is doing to this country?

For people who recognize that Trump's continued lying and boastful arrogance diminish the Office of the President, the choice should be clear.

For people who recognize that Trump's unilateral withdrawal from treaties presents dangers to our country, the choice should be clear.

For the people who voted for him and now realize that he kept virtually none of his promises, the choice should be clear.

Assumptions of my stance in politics aren't facts. How did you come to these conclusions?

See above.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes. I am quite aware of that. Hence my comments about you being unable to see the clear differences between the two major candidates.

How did you connect not knowing about the two (assumption on your part) and the action to vote or not to vote (I didn't say why, just I will or I will not)?

Instead of just requoting what I know I said, support it with how you came to that conclusion.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I should have worded that: "If you haven't been able to see what Trump has done to this country, then I hope you continue your desire to probably not vote.."

For people who recognize that Trump's continued lying and boastful arrogance diminish the Office of the President, the choice should be clear.

The choice may be clear for many but that doesn't mean they have to vote.

Now if I said I'd choose trump, you may have a point. The act of not voting does not mean anything unless I gave you context to my statement.

Maybe you're saying people "should" vote because of what trump has done?

Trump's issues should compelled everyone to vote and if they do not they are ignorant of what he has done?

I know some people who get upset with others who don't vote. It has less to do with trump (clinton, bush, etc) but more to do with being an american and using ones right to better ones country. Is that why I should vote?

Riders

I heard today Bidens 10 points ahead on populrity again. I guess that was a short popular spirt for Trump.

The race has tightened up.Biden 49 percent Trump 47 percent.Trump could win this.
Of course he could win. This should surprise no one.

He could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue and 40% would still vote for him.

Another 10% will vote for him as long as more than a week or two has elapsed since the shooting.

Do not underestimate the stupidity of the American voting public. I am prepared for **at least** four more years of Trump.

If there is intelligent life out there, and you can hear this message ... go vote for Biden/Harris. Early voting in Texas begins October 13th.

His supporters do not have the attention span to notice his lack of continuity or that his longest coherent message is no more than a single sentence long. or that he can not stay on topic longer than a few seconds.
He is truly one of them.
Exactly. Thank you for articulating what I was feeling but could not put into words. *slow clap*

By the way, this is also partly why scandal doesn’t stick to him and why he’s going to be very difficult to beat in a debate. It’s like, how does an adult win a food fight with a 10-year old? You can’t, you either back down, or you participate and just make yourself look childish. You can only win in a room full of other adults - not jeering children.

As long as 40% of this country cheers bullying and childish insults it will be very hard to beat him. Maturity doesn’t win debates in a room full of children, and we can’t out-bully him - he’s better at it.

That’s why this isn’t just about Biden beating Donald Trump. Frankly, it’s about our side beating the 40% of the country Trumpism represents. This isn’t about Biden out-campaigning Trump or beating him in a debate. Our side just has to out-vote their side. It’s up to us. Trump and Biden are just figureheads of the confrontation between people who support decency vs those who have fallen into a new American fascism, or at least wannabe fascism.