• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump and Repub congress ignore Puerto Rico humanitarian crisis

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'm not the one telling everyone how things should or should not be done.
But that's not the point I was addressing. Whether we like it or not, I would assume that all of us who access the news do so through "the media", which is the new whipping boy for some, especially on the right.

Now, with this latter part wasn't referring to you as I really don't know what your affiliation is or isn't.

Milton Platt

But that's not the point I was addressing. Whether we like it or not, I would assume that all of us who access the news do so through "the media", which is the new whipping boy for some, especially on the right.

Now, with this latter part wasn't referring to you as I really don't know what your affiliation is or isn't.

I'm mostly left, but sometimes veer the other way on specific things. I was only saying that everything seems easy and obvious to those who are not actually there doing the work. I'm not generally a media basher, but it is a true statement that the media goes for the stories and the "slants" on those stories that increases viewership and advertising revenue. It is a business. I think used to actually be a loss leader for the TV industry "back in the day", when local channels were all you got and the news was at least somewhat more grounded in facts and opinions were discounted. Of course, there was never pure objectivity.....When humans are involved, true objectivity is not achievable.

garden47

AAsZrQw.img

Trump and Repub congress ignore Puerto Rico humanitarian crisis

If the actions of the Trump Administration in Puerto Rico matched his rhetoric, there would be no need for this thread!

Last edited: