• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump administration launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know I was wrong what I did. I do regret having sexually harassed somebody, but that was a very long time ago.
Some people who cannot forgive others who've recovered from past wrongs
should look within. They have their past sins too....heinous ones for some.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Some people who cannot forgive others who've recovered from past wrongs
should look within. They have their past sins too....heinous ones for some.
Or I just don't believe that he's all of a sudden so contrite after happily bragging about sexually harassing a woman in the men's room. He only did this 180 after people expressed disgust at him. Now I'm done with it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Or I just don't believe that he's all of a sudden so contrite after happily bragging about sexually harassing a woman in the men's room. He only did this 180 after people expressed disgust at him. Now I'm done with it.
I don't recall it as "bragging".
Nonetheless, of all people you owe him some slack.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Than why did he exclude LBGT individuals from the military?

He didn't, he excluded T. :D

Anyway, I just don't think transgenders are good for the military. Sure, there a bunch of them in there now but I still think it's unwise. Most of the countries that we're having beef with are extremely cruel to transgender people, up to, and including murdering them if they happen to take them prisoner -- just for that fact. The other problem is in accommodations and whatnot. I'm against women in the military for similar reasons, they're likely to be raped or abused... much more so than a man.

Personally, you can argue legitimately the "T" is a mental problem, that comes with psychological problems in addition. You can't get into the military with anxiety, depression, bipolar, and all sorts of other conditions. They're putting a gun in your hands, so... I can't imagine why they'd think that way :D Let's face it, not everyone is suited to be a solider, but it doesn't mean they suck as a human. Our military these days rejects far more people than they accept, for any number of physiological and psychological reasons. Vision too bad, weigh too much or too light, too tall or short, and a million other things.

The other thing is "T" requires special treatment, and the military doesn't do that. It was mostly on that basis anyway.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher

Anyway, I just don't think transgenders are good for the military. Sure, there a bunch of them in there now but I still think it's unwise. Most of the countries that we're having beef with are extremely cruel to transgender people, up to, and including murdering them if they happen to take them prisoner -- just for that fact. The other problem is in accommodations and whatnot. I'm against women in the military for similar reasons, they're likely to be raped or abused... much more so than a man.

Personally, you can argue legitimately the "T" is a mental problem, that comes with psychological problems in addition. You can't get into the military with anxiety, depression, bipolar, and all sorts of other conditions. They're putting a gun in your hands, so... I can't imagine why they'd think that way :D Let's face it, not everyone is suited to be a solider, but it doesn't mean they suck as a human. Our military these days rejects far more people than they accept, for any number of physiological and psychological reasons. Vision too bad, weigh too much or too light, too tall or short, and a million other things.

The other thing is "T" requires special treatment, and the military doesn't do that. It was mostly on that basis anyway.

This has bigotry written all over it...

I doubt you would say the above to this person face to face. This SEAL actually called out people for saying exactly what you said. I, for one would rather have some transgendered soldier that knows how to shoot watching my six, than some slack jawed bigoted hillbilly.

58dc56f0-721e-11e7-9522-5107d5976a99_trnh_jpg_cf.jpg

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

Good point, "Ts" are militarily excluded for their own good.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Wait, who do we owe slack too?

Me... I've been shunned for having exposed myself in the men's restroom at a Bavarian department store restroom to some German lady restroom attendant ...This happened over 25 years ago, before I was married, and way before the me too movement.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Due to the small percentage the special treatment was not a significant cost to the military.

From: Trans healthcare costs are actually a tiny proportion of the US military budget

On Wednesday, when Donald Trump tweeted that the US armed forces would not “allow or accept” transgender people into military service, he argued the Pentagon “cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs” of covering transgender-related healthcare.

That’s been a common refrain for Republicans who oppose open service by transgender members of the military. In June, the congresswoman Vicki Hartzler of Missouri said that the cost of covering service members’ transition care was “over a billion dollars”.

But is the cost really “tremendous”?

Transgender care cost in comparison with total Pentagon healthcare spending

A closer look at the cost of healthcare for transgender military members – these are treatments such as counseling and hormone replacement therapy – suggests it’s more like a drop in the ocean of cash that is the Pentagon’s annual budget.

According to a 2016 study by the Rand Corporation and commissioned by Barack Obama’s secretary of defense, transgender-related healthcare for active duty military would cost anywhere between $2.4m to $8.4m – not billions.

In fiscal year 2014, before the study was completed, the Pentagon spent $6.27bn on healthcare costs for all active-duty personnel. That same fiscal year, the Pentagon spend a huge $49.3bn on all healthcare costs – for members of the military, their family members, and retirees and their families.

These comparisons uses the high-end estimate of $8.4m, which is based on a scenario that members of the military are twice as likely to be transgender as members of the general public.

Transgender care cost in comparison with a single F-35s fighter plane

Even at the high end, transgender care is just a fraction of what the military spends on single items in its budget.

For instance, in February, the Pentagon inked a new deal with Lockheed Martin to buy 90 F-35s – at a steal – for $8.2bn, or $91.1m per plane. The jets are restricted from flying at night or in the rain due to safety concerns.

Transgender care cost in comparison with a combat ship

Here’s how transgender healthcare costs compare with the estimated cost, $478m, of a single Littoral combat ship. Last year, Senator John McCain blasted these ships for having “practically no proven combat capability”.