• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump administration launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nor preventing color blind individuals from becoming fighter pilots...
Or those of us with imperfect vision.
(I took the Air Force ROTC exam way back when.
They'd have let me be a navigator, but never a pilot.)

BSM1

What? Me worry?
What reduces the effectiveness of transgendered individuals in a way similar to colorblindness?

Would you want to fly with a color blind transgender pilot?

BTW, my point was that many people are excluded from the military for a number of reasons.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Let's also not forget that both changed their minds. And that it became legal on Obama's watch.
Twas the USSCA which legalized gay marriage, not Obama.

One wonders...
Did they change from what they believed to what they didn't (for political reasons)?
Or from what they didn't believe (but served them politically), to what they did?
Or did they "evolve" with the times to become as progressive as Dick Cheny?
I don't know.
But it's fun to watch.
(I've always been pro-gay marriage. It's common among us God haters.)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Twas the USSCA which legalized gay marriage, not Obama.

One wonders...
Did they change from what they believed to what they didn't (for political reasons)?
Or from what they didn't believe (but served them politically), to what they did?
Or did they "evolve" with the times to become as progressive as Dick Cheny?
I don't know.
But it's fun to watch.
Yes, of course. Obama supported it though, didn't he?

Perhaps their positions evolved over time, like many peoples'.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Would you want to fly with a color blind transgender pilot?

BTW, my point was that many people are excluded from the military for a number of reasons.
A number of reasons that must be around job capability. Color blindness I can see (ha, pun) tangibly effecting performance, but exclusion of transgender is based on unreasonable exclusion by gender not by merit.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
If Trump has the agenda mentioned in the op, I will support him for it. From the article it sounds like it's the ambassador to Germany's agenda, not Trump's. Has Trump made any statement about it or, better yet, offered financial or diplomatic support?

D.T. having some narcissistic symptoms, him not twittering against it, at least shows it is not on the top of his to "twitter list" ... "I am against"

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
What reduces the effectiveness of transgendered individuals in a way similar to colorblindness?

Transgenderism decreases the effectiveness of a combat fighter pilot differently than how colorblindness reduces a combat fighter pilot effectiveness; transgender persons on medical leave for getting gender reassignment therapy or surgery would not be able to do their piloting jobs.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Transgenderism decreases the effectiveness of a combat fighter pilot differently than how colorblindness reduces a combat fighter pilot effectiveness; transgender persons on medical leave for getting gender reassignment therapy or surgery would not be able to do their piloting jobs.
Sounds like a good reason to have a medical leave review board, not bar transgender servicemen. We already review medical and surgical needs on a case by case basis.

Skwim

Veteran Member
U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, the highest-profile openly gay person in the Trump administration, is leading the effort, which kicks off Tuesday evening in Berlin. The U.S. embassy is flying in LGBT activists from across Europe for a strategy dinner to plan to push for decriminalization in places that still outlaw homosexuality — mostly concentrated in the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.

“It is concerning that, in the 21st century, some 70 countries continue to have laws that criminalize LGBTI status or conduct,” said a U.S. official involved in organizing the event.

Trump administration launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality
Just another one of his goofy diversionary tactics:

tenor.png

Shad

Veteran Member

Effectiveness of the unit matters. The Marines already did a study in 2013 that showed all male units preformed better than mixed units by a wide margin.

Body dysphoria is a mental problem thus they are disqualified due to this mental problem. Just like anorexics are.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sounds like a good reason to have a medical leave review board, not bar transgender servicemen. We already review medical and surgical needs on a case by case basis.
Do you realize that you're advocating my position.
What next....will you start collecting antique engines?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Effectiveness of the unit matters. The Marines already did a study in 2013 that showed all male units preformed better than mixed units by a wide margin.

Body dysphoria is a mental problem thus they are disqualified due to this mental problem. Just like anorexics are.
I bet if I looked around sufficiently I could find similar 'studies' about outed homosexual people within units.

Body dysphoria isn't a disorder like anorexia. Not all trans have body dysphoria and body dysphoria is not limited to trans individuals.
Like I said, should be evaluated on a case by case basis.