• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to revisit the veil question.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Mate, I know that.

I meant "niqaab (and burqa) are excluded" according to the article

Oh okay. Apologies for that. You mentioned "niqaab (burqa)" not "niqaab (and burqa)" like you just did so I misunderstood.

As I said "my own (unique) thought"
Using reasoning...no other source

Okay. So the bottomline is inside the Qur'an there is absolutely no direct reference of a command to anything related to a burka.

Also, the Quran says that one could get married to a non Muslim woman. It doesn't say a woman cannot marry a non-muslim man. Some scholars argued that the mention of some does not mean exclusion of everyone else. The Qur'an does not mention everything in the whole universe. Other scholars argued that inclusion does exclude others just like you said.

stvdv. You cannot just "reason" what Islam commands. You have to have sources. Just your thoughts are just your thoughts. That's not good reasoning at all.

You are correct with some of your statements about Islamic thought. And mind you, they are about Islam, so it's not just "your thoughts" that you just reasoned yourself in to. You got it from the usual islamic polemics on the internet.

If I say something about what ever your faith is and claim "I just used my reason" it's false. I can claim that your women are commanded to marry clouds and quote my own "unique thoughts" as my source. It's invalid. And is untrue. Or I didn't really consider your question but just responded for the sake of responding.

These are fikh issues and different schools of thought have different ideas and sometimes some people could have imposed their personal biases or their personal "unique thoughts" into the theology.

If you want sources, I will give you direct sources. You could always ask for sources.

Cheers.

firedragon

Veteran Member
For many this is more an issue of punishment fitting the crime. Mahsa Amini was arrested whilst wearing a hijab, which is what is legally required in the Islamic Republic of Iran.

So...whether the Quran states an even more modest dress code including facial covering or not is somewhat beside the point. Who is protesting about that? No-one. They are protesting about the enforcement of current laws regarding the hijab by the morality police. They are protesting about the drastic reduction in womens rights since the establishment of the Islamic Republic. And there have been a number of protests first starting 25 days after the establishment of the Republic about mandatory wearing of the hijab. This is merely the latest, and it's yet to be seen if it has a different end result.

Interesting.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I don't take scripture as unquestionable truth.

Nice red herring.

But I, just like you do, accuse you of cherry picking from your religion and that you practice bigotry against others who are not in your so called "westerners 'we' group, and that you cherry pick from other peoples religions. Because I just feel like it. No need for any scholarship, reading, studying or anything. I just do it because that's exactly your standard. Exactly what you do.

You are a cherry picker. Is that great polemics about you Val? It's exactly what you do.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Have you done some kind of study on western women wearing a veil over her head or something? If "you westerners" are like a tribe for you to call your group of people "we", why do some people in your own "we" tribe wear a veil?

Maybe you should ask a few and do a bit of research to find out.
What is my own tribe? I almost never see veils on women of European or American ancestry.

Colt

The death of Mahsa Amini in Iran and resulting demonstrations have people yet again debating what the Qur'an says about veiling. I had a closer look at two verses on the subject, and although a less ambiguous directive from Allah would have saved a lot of uncertainty, it looks to me as though the Qur'an does indeed encourage full-body covering, as opposed to merely 'modest' dress.

The word for word translation of verse 33:59 (The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Word by Word Grammar, Syntax and Morphology of the Holy Quran) says that believing woman should "draw over themselves their outer garments" so that they "should be known and not harmed".

The first underlined phrase seems to define an extra, outer layer of covering, and the second supports that interpretation by indicating that the degree of body coverage should be obvious enough to make Muslim women stand out from others.

Verse 24:31 is long-winded and harder to follow, but it also commands Muslim women to cover themselves to a greater degree than they do at home. They are told to, "draw their headcovers over their bosoms", and to not "display their adornment" except to family members and household staff. The inclusion of non-blood male relatives, such as fathers-in-law and nephews, in the list of those to whom a woman may "display her adornment" is crucial to defining the difference between acceptable dress in the home vs. when out. I think it's safe to assume that a Muslim women would already be modestly dressed in her father-in-law's presence, so to insist on even further coverage when outside the house is consistent with saying that she must bring her head covering down as far as her already covered bosoms, which, by definition, would also cover her face.

IMO, those verses are more suggestive of full-body veiling than not.
Maybe Muslim men should be required to wear blindfolds out in public if they are so horny that they can't look at a woman without lusting after her?

firedragon

Veteran Member
What is my own tribe? I almost never see veils on women of European or American ancestry.

I guess since you have not read the post and are just responding absurdities, maybe it should be cut and pasted. Let me cherry pick the exact post and cut and paste. Good? Or maybe I will give the link so that you could attempt to be relevant.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
It should always be a person's choice to veil their hair or not. Laws should not dictate if someone can or can't cover their hair. To include such laws is kinda infantilising to women like saying that women aren't adult enough to make their own choices on what they can wear. Im not a woman im nonbinary but i do veil my hair tho im not Muslim im a pagan and do so for different reasons. The difference between me and what's going on in Iran is I have a choice because I live in the US. This makes covering my hair empowering in some ways. Those women don't. They have to cover their hair cuz of law which is one thing but being someone was murdered over it it's not a good thing. No one should be threatened with death over a piece of cloth. As for the Qur'an and rules on veiling i don't know much about that subject. I think tho most muslims would agree that someone shouldnt be murdered over hair being covered or not
Haha. There was a group of people in Africa called the touregs. They had a tradition where the men wore a face cover because men were considered beautiful and women had what an Englishman would call "sexual freedom". Not that they were promiscuous, but the laws of the land like you described were very different for them.

The world is so diverse it's amazing. I have been to India and I remember vividly that some time ago, at least in south India busses were segregated. Women sit on one side and men on the other. And most women I would see who were a little older would cover their hair with that shawl part of the saree. But by the time I visited Mumbai I think it was a decade at least afterwards. And as I heard a lot of internal migration from the south to the north had taken place.

You know you should take a look at someones portrayal of a traditional afghani dress for women. It's beautiful. They did cover their head as a custom, but the face was of course left completely uncovered. The face veil is a very very new thing there. That's another long story.

Most of these things have a long story.
I veil my hair as part of my pagan beliefs. I love veiling and even if I leave paganism and no longer have religious beliefs on hair coverings I might still cover my hair cuz of how much I love doing so I do read a lot on different cultures and hair coverings. i was thinking something similar to what you wrote here regarding the touregs in africa and on afghani dress. It's very cultural covering the hair is in places that practice it. I wish i could grow my hair out due to the importance of hair in my tradition but i have intense trauma and can't handle long hair even if no one sees said hair.

Last edited:

stevecanuck

Hmm. Since you have looked closely, what does Yaadhrib mean in the verse? You can look it up in the link you have provided.

As I've said in the past, and will always say when you do this, I'm not going to jump through your hoops. If you have a point, just make it.

firedragon

Veteran Member
It should always be a person's choice to veil their hair or not. Laws should not dictate if someone can or can't cover their hair. To include such laws is kinda infantilising to women like saying that women aren't adult enough to make their own choices on what they can wear. Im not a woman im nonbinary but i do veil my hair tho im not Muslim im a pagan and do so for different reasons. The difference between me and what's going on in Iran is I have a choice because I live in the US. This makes covering my hair empowering in some ways. Those women don't. They have to cover their hair cuz of law which is one thing but being someone was murdered over it it's not a good thing. No one should be threatened with death over a piece of cloth. As for the Qur'an and rules on veiling i don't know much about that subject. I think tho most muslims would agree that someone shouldnt be murdered over hair being covered or not

It is atrocious to kill someone for something as nonsensical as a bloody veil. How dumb and stupid are they? But the thing is this. I do not engage in political things that I do not have direct source information from so that is a topic I keep away from. Some people here have shared various links to various news pages with some seriously doubtful information. So I just keep away from that. My response is for those who make such uneducated nonsensical pseudo scholarly analysis of the Qur'an.

If you want, about "veil" in the Qur'an I can give you a comprehensive analysis. In this thread, if I do that with some of the atheists who pretend to be scholars in arabic and Islam, it's a silly waste of time. I don't do it unless I have a purpose. But YOU ask me Void, I will do so.

I veil my hair as part of my pagan beliefs. I love veiling and even if I leave paganism and no longer have religious beliefs on hair coverings I might still cover my hair cuz of how much I love doing so I do read a lot on different cultures and hair coverings. i was thinking something similar to what you wrote here regarding the touregs in africa and on afghani dress. It's very cultural covering the hair is in places that practice it. I wish i could grow my hair out due to the importance of hair in my tradition but i have intense trauma and can't handle long hair even if no one sees said hair.

The world is a very strange place. Full of diverse places. Diverse cultures. The problem with some is the superiority complex. It's so bad that I think they should be given some kind of medicine. This attitude blinds people from appreciating and having empathy. Not sympathy, but empathy. Right in this very forum one day I was telling a so called "Phd" claimant about an innocent woman in an asian country who has to carry a child, walk 2 miles to catch bus for a doctors appointment. And all this guy had to say was "It's them who decided to have a child". This lady is from a village. They have never seen condoms. They don't know what birth control is. They have never heard of it. Imagine the arrogance and the blindness in this so called "Phd".

This is what the world is Void.

By the way, I like your name.

firedragon

Veteran Member
As I've said in the past, and will always say when you do this, I'm not going to jump through your hoops. If you have a point, just make it.

You are uneducated. That's why you have to make things like this up to get away from admitting you don't know what you are talking about.

It means "draw". In the same verse you cut and pasted. The word means "draw".

In another thread, you were hypocritically arguing that word cannot mean anything but "hit".

This is just to show you that you are practicing a hypocritical methodology of pseudo scholarship to like a prayer spread hatred.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
It is atrocious to kill someone for something as nonsensical as a bloody veil. How dumb and stupid are they? But the thing is this. I do not engage in political things that I do not have direct source information from so that is a topic I keep away from. Some people here have shared various links to various news pages with some seriously doubtful information. So I just keep away from that. My response is for those who make such uneducated nonsensical pseudo scholarly analysis of the Qur'an.

If you want, about "veil" in the Qur'an I can give you a comprehensive analysis. In this thread, if I do that with some of the atheists who pretend to be scholars in arabic and Islam, it's a silly waste of time. I don't do it unless I have a purpose. But YOU ask me Void, I will do so
If you wish you can pm me the analysis.

By the way, I like your name
Thanks. I used to be Rayoflight but decided to go with this one.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Thanks. I used to be Rayoflight but decided to go with this one.

Of course I know who you are Rayoflight. Cmon. ;) Do you really think I will not recognise your writing even if you change your name to Thor?? ;):)

If you wish you can pm me the analysis.

No worries. You ask, I will give. Right here. ;)

Expecting a lot of resentment -_-.

DRESS CODE FOR WOMEN

Firstly, it is vital to cite that the Quran directly tells us human beings that the best clothing or garment is the garment of righteousness.

Children of Adam, We have sent down for you garments to alleviate your bodies, and feathers; and the garment of righteousness is the best. That is from the signs of God, perhaps they will remember. – Quran 7:26

Hijab

Hijab is one of the most famous words in the current world. Some use it for distinction, some for slander whilst most do not know what it means. The word Hijab is generally accepted as a veil that women wear to cover their hair and sometimes even the face. The Muslim clerics propagate it as a way of life for women dictating her behaviour, conduct and dress code. This concept is not a Quranic teaching but a later development by humans.

The word Hijab is cited 7 times in the Quran and never as a piece of clothing.

And between them is a Hijab, and on the elevated platform are men who recognized others by their features. And they called out to the dwellers of the Paradise: “Peace be upon you!” They have not yet entered it, but they are hoping. – Quran 7:46

And we place Hijabs over their hearts, that they should not understand it, and a deafness in their ears. And if you mention your Lord in the Qur’an alone, they run away turning their backs in aversion. – Quran 17:46

So she took a Hijab to separate her from them, so We sent Our Spirit to her, and he took on the shape of a human being in all similarity. – Quran 19:17

You who believe, do not enter the homes of the prophet unless you are invited to a meal, without you forcing such an invitation. But if you are invited, you may enter. And when you finish eating, you shall leave, without staying to wait for a narrative. This used to bother the prophet, and he was shy to tell you. But God does not shy away from the truth. And if you ask his wives for something, ask them from behind a Hijab. This is purer for your hearts and their hearts. And it is not for you to harm the messenger of God, nor that you should marry his wives after him. This is indeed a gross offence with God. – Quran 33:53

He said: “I have enjoyed materialism more than I enjoyed the remembrance of my Lord; until it had set beyond the Hijab!” – Quran 38:32

And they said: “Our hearts are sealed from what you invite us to, and in our ears is a deafness, and there is a Hijab between us and you. So do what you will, and so will we.” - 41:5

And it is not for any human being that God would speak to him, except through inspiration, or from behind a Hijab, or by sending a messenger to inspire whom He wills with His permission. He is Most High, Wise. – Quran 42:51

Could the word Hijab in any of these verses ever be translated as a clothing or lifestyle for women? These are the only use of the word in the Quran. The word Hijab is always used as a barrier, only contributing to these sentences as behind a barrier, beyond a barrier, or a separation. The verse 17:46 speaks of a barrier over their hearts to connote blindness whilst verse 19:17 talks of Mary who left the family and separated from them where the word Hijab connotes measure to separate from someone.

Thus, it is clear that the Hijab (As a head scarf, face cover or behaviour of a woman) is not Islamic, not cited in the Quran, but purely a concoction of later clerics.

MUST WOMEN WEAR THE VEIL?

It is a common directive that women must wear a veil whilst most Quran translations also pose to propagate this notion. A deeper exploration of the Quranic verses in concern reveals a dissimilar path. This scrutiny is never to command women not to wear a veil but simply to expose the truth behind the Quranic teaching, it doesn’t command it but it is your will and you may wear one if you want to, it’s just not a commandment in the Quran.

The most common verse used by men and women alike to propose the concept of a veil is the verse 24:31. I have furnished it below as a step by step process leaving two disputed words in the original Arabic language, Bikhumurihinna and Juyūbihinna.

A. And tell the believing females to lower their gaze and keep covered their private parts,

B. and that they should not reveal their beauty except what is apparent,

C. and let them put forth their Bikhumurihinna over their Juyūbihinna.

....... .– Quran 24:31

The analysis is as follows

A. Women are requested to lower their gaze and keep their private parts covered. The sardonicism to men would be that in the immediate previous verse, the Quran commands men to lower their gaze as well.

“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and keep covered their private parts, for that is better for them. God is fully aware of what you do.”

B. Do not reveal your beauty except what is apparent of it. Žahara = apparent is one of the words people are disputed of where what is apparent could be misquoted as people wish. But this is the word that gives women the freedom of choice to deem what is apparent in her body. It certainly does not define directly what is apparent.

C. The word Juyubihinna does not contain too much disputes since some translators interpret it as breasts and some as cleavage. Basically. The word misquoted is Khumurihinna or Khimr (KH is the letter ha or kha with phlegm) which they interpret as “Shawl” depicting a woman wearing a shawl must cover her breasts with it where in the process of pulling it down to cover breasts, she also covers her face automatically.

Many years after the advent of the Quran, the word Khimar has been used to depict a scarf due to changes in speaking language, just like the word Hijab. The word simply means something that covers. It could be a cloth that clovers a table. Translating the Quran has to be done with the original classical Arabic and it does not mean a woman must wear a head scarf and cover her bosoms with it. It merely means to cover you’r bosoms with a cover which any reader will find appropriate to wear undergarments.

Even though the ‘Khimar’ has now become more commonly known as a ‘head covering’ for women the original meaning of a ‘Khimar’ (plural: Khumur) is any covering of a thing. This is not restricted to a head covering or a covering of the hair. For a man’s turban is also known as a ‘Khumur’ as it ‘covers’ a man’s head while intoxicants known as Khamar, for it covers your mind.
Hair is “Raas” and nowhere in the Quran does it tell you to cover it as a practice. Certainly not a face cover.
There are many people who accuse that the Bible teaches a head-covering. Those who know this subject would immediately identify the passages that are referred. But if you read it you would see that it’s about praying or/and prophesying. Not in general life.

Corinthians chapter 11.

2. I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them on to you.

3. But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

4. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonours his head.

5. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonours her head—it is the same as having her head shaved.

6. For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

7. Aman ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.

8. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man;

9. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.

Verse six does speak of women who don’t cover their hair but its as cited above, when praying. Well, you can read it yourself.

There is no veil, burka, or niqab in the Quran or the Bible.

Peace.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Also, the Quran says that one could get married to a non Muslim woman. It doesn't say a woman cannot marry a non-muslim man. Some scholars argued that the mention of some does not mean exclusion of everyone else. The Qur'an does not mention everything in the whole universe. Other scholars argued that inclusion does exclude others just like you said.
Thanks

A Muslim woman from Iran told me that she can only marry a Muslim man.

Good to know that there are different interpretations about this

Okay. So the bottomline is inside the Qur'an there is absolutely no direct reference of a command to anything related to a burka.
Thanks

I am surprised that so many women use a Burqa if it's not from the Koran

stvdv. You cannot just "reason" what Islam commands. You have to have sources. Just your thoughts are just your thoughts. That's not good reasoning at all
This was a specific reply to someone else, not to you. I know that you want sources ;)

You are correct with some of your statements about Islamic thought. And mind you, they are about Islam, so it's not just "your thoughts" that you just reasoned yourself in to. You got it from the usual islamic polemics on the internet.
No, I did not get my conclusion from usual polemics on the internet

These are fikh issues and different schools of thought have different ideas and sometimes some people could have imposed their personal biases or their personal "unique thoughts" into the theology.
True of course.

If you want sources, I will give you direct sources. You could always ask for sources
Thank you, I keep that in mind. Good to know. You make it easy for me:)

firedragon

Veteran Member
Thanks

A Muslim woman from Iran told me that she can only marry a Muslim man.

Good to know that there are different interpretations about this

Bottomline is, this lady's confession is not Qur'anic. It is the law of the land. But she is correct. And you are correct.

Thanks

I am surprised that so many women use a Burqa if it's not from the Koran

So many women? ;) Brother, I have very very seldom seen women wearing burqas. In some country's it true. But not globally. It's very scarce. Although, since 2012' or so I must admit that the Burqa is getting famous. As I said. This is a new phenomena.

I just gave a Qur'anic analysis on this veil issue. Above. I will give you the post. #76

stvdv

Of course I know who you are Rayoflight. Cmon. ;) Do you really think I will not recognise your writing even if you change your name to Thor?? ;):)

No worries. You ask, I will give. Right here. ;)

Expecting a lot of resentment -_-.

DRESS CODE FOR WOMEN

Firstly, it is vital to cite that the Quran directly tells us human beings that the best clothing or garment is the garment of righteousness.

Children of Adam, We have sent down for you garments to alleviate your bodies, and feathers; and the garment of righteousness is the best. That is from the signs of God, perhaps they will remember. – Quran 7:26

Hijab

Hijab is one of the most famous words in the current world. Some use it for distinction, some for slander whilst most do not know what it means. The word Hijab is generally accepted as a veil that women wear to cover their hair and sometimes even the face. The Muslim clerics propagate it as a way of life for women dictating her behaviour, conduct and dress code. This concept is not a Quranic teaching but a later development by humans.

The word Hijab is cited 7 times in the Quran and never as a piece of clothing.

And between them is a Hijab, and on the elevated platform are men who recognized others by their features. And they called out to the dwellers of the Paradise: “Peace be upon you!” They have not yet entered it, but they are hoping. – Quran 7:46

And we place Hijabs over their hearts, that they should not understand it, and a deafness in their ears. And if you mention your Lord in the Qur’an alone, they run away turning their backs in aversion. – Quran 17:46

So she took a Hijab to separate her from them, so We sent Our Spirit to her, and he took on the shape of a human being in all similarity. – Quran 19:17

You who believe, do not enter the homes of the prophet unless you are invited to a meal, without you forcing such an invitation. But if you are invited, you may enter. And when you finish eating, you shall leave, without staying to wait for a narrative. This used to bother the prophet, and he was shy to tell you. But God does not shy away from the truth. And if you ask his wives for something, ask them from behind a Hijab. This is purer for your hearts and their hearts. And it is not for you to harm the messenger of God, nor that you should marry his wives after him. This is indeed a gross offence with God. – Quran 33:53

He said: “I have enjoyed materialism more than I enjoyed the remembrance of my Lord; until it had set beyond the Hijab!” – Quran 38:32

And they said: “Our hearts are sealed from what you invite us to, and in our ears is a deafness, and there is a Hijab between us and you. So do what you will, and so will we.” - 41:5

And it is not for any human being that God would speak to him, except through inspiration, or from behind a Hijab, or by sending a messenger to inspire whom He wills with His permission. He is Most High, Wise. – Quran 42:51

Could the word Hijab in any of these verses ever be translated as a clothing or lifestyle for women? These are the only use of the word in the Quran. The word Hijab is always used as a barrier, only contributing to these sentences as behind a barrier, beyond a barrier, or a separation. The verse 17:46 speaks of a barrier over their hearts to connote blindness whilst verse 19:17 talks of Mary who left the family and separated from them where the word Hijab connotes measure to separate from someone.

Thus, it is clear that the Hijab (As a head scarf, face cover or behaviour of a woman) is not Islamic, not cited in the Quran, but purely a concoction of later clerics.

MUST WOMEN WEAR THE VEIL?

It is a common directive that women must wear a veil whilst most Quran translations also pose to propagate this notion. A deeper exploration of the Quranic verses in concern reveals a dissimilar path. This scrutiny is never to command women not to wear a veil but simply to expose the truth behind the Quranic teaching, it doesn’t command it but it is your will and you may wear one if you want to, it’s just not a commandment in the Quran.

The most common verse used by men and women alike to propose the concept of a veil is the verse 24:31. I have furnished it below as a step by step process leaving two disputed words in the original Arabic language, Bikhumurihinna and Juyūbihinna.

A. And tell the believing females to lower their gaze and keep covered their private parts,

B. and that they should not reveal their beauty except what is apparent,

C. and let them put forth their Bikhumurihinna over their Juyūbihinna.

....... .– Quran 24:31

The analysis is as follows

A. Women are requested to lower their gaze and keep their private parts covered. The sardonicism to men would be that in the immediate previous verse, the Quran commands men to lower their gaze as well.

“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and keep covered their private parts, for that is better for them. God is fully aware of what you do.”

B. Do not reveal your beauty except what is apparent of it. Žahara = apparent is one of the words people are disputed of where what is apparent could be misquoted as people wish. But this is the word that gives women the freedom of choice to deem what is apparent in her body. It certainly does not define directly what is apparent.

C. The word Juyubihinna does not contain too much disputes since some translators interpret it as breasts and some as cleavage. Basically. The word misquoted is Khumurihinna or Khimr (KH is the letter ha or kha with phlegm) which they interpret as “Shawl” depicting a woman wearing a shawl must cover her breasts with it where in the process of pulling it down to cover breasts, she also covers her face automatically.

Many years after the advent of the Quran, the word Khimar has been used to depict a scarf due to changes in speaking language, just like the word Hijab. The word simply means something that covers. It could be a cloth that clovers a table. Translating the Quran has to be done with the original classical Arabic and it does not mean a woman must wear a head scarf and cover her bosoms with it. It merely means to cover you’r bosoms with a cover which any reader will find appropriate to wear undergarments.

Even though the ‘Khimar’ has now become more commonly known as a ‘head covering’ for women the original meaning of a ‘Khimar’ (plural: Khumur) is any covering of a thing. This is not restricted to a head covering or a covering of the hair. For a man’s turban is also known as a ‘Khumur’ as it ‘covers’ a man’s head while intoxicants known as Khamar, for it covers your mind.
Hair is “Raas” and nowhere in the Quran does it tell you to cover it as a practice. Certainly not a face cover.
There are many people who accuse that the Bible teaches a head-covering. Those who know this subject would immediately identify the passages that are referred. But if you read it you would see that it’s about praying or/and prophesying. Not in general life.

Corinthians chapter 11.

2. I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them on to you.

3. But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

4. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonours his head.

5. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonours her head—it is the same as having her head shaved.

6. For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

7. Aman ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.

8. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man;

9. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.

Verse six does speak of women who don’t cover their hair but its as cited above, when praying. Well, you can read it yourself.

There is no veil, burka, or niqab in the Quran or the Bible.

Peace.
Thank you for all the verses

In the Middle East, do most Muslims agree with how you explained it here?

stvdv

Bottomline is, this lady's confession is not Qur'anic. It is the law of the land. But she is correct. And you are correct.

So many women? ;) Brother, I have very very seldom seen women wearing burqas. In some country's it true. But not globally. It's very scarce. Although, since 2012' or so I must admit that the Burqa is getting famous. As I said. This is a new phenomena.

I just gave a Qur'anic analysis on this veil issue. Above. I will give you the post. #76
I was reading your reply, while you wrote this reply to me;). I really like it, and I appreciate all your effort to clarify this