• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Science Of Delusion

Earthling

David Henson

I don't know if I am supposed to post some blurb here so that atheists or some other group needs to think for themselves with minimal effort, so, excuse me if I've dropped it.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Regarding the firing of Mark Armitage as mentioned in the video: Looking into it as much as I could (I'm unwilling to pay to read his paper) it's apparent he went beyond the scope of scientific evidence to conclude that the triceratops tissue he was examining was evidence of a young earth, his religious belief. His law suit against the University even said, "his work is a reflection of his religious identity," a young earth creationist.* So, Armitage wasn't fired for "making dinosaur soft tissue discovery" as the video asserts (at the 2:30 mark)---it's certainly no surprise that a creationist video misrepresents the facts**---but for his conclusion about it. My guess is that the university fired him because they didn't feel that someone with such a bias, religious or otherwise, could be relied on to make impartial, objective assessments.

*source #25

** And of course, being a creationist video it's load with other misrepresentations as well, which is to be expected.

Last edited:

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
"The controversial discovery of 68-million-year-old soft tissue from the bones of a Tyrannosaurus rex finally has a physical explanation. According to new research, iron in the dinosaur's body preserved the tissue before it could decay."

Controversial T. Rex Soft Tissue Find Finally Explained

Next?
Creationists: You evolutionists can't explain THIS!! HA!

Scientists: Actually, we have explained it.

Creationists: Oh sure, you evolutionists have an explanation for everything, don't you?

:rolleyes:

exchemist

Veteran Member
Amazing how fast they can go from "Impossible!" to "We've figured it out!"
It's called l e a r n i n g.

Science comes from scientia, meaning knowledge. So scientists expect to learn from unexpected phenomena.

In fact, we have even isolated organic matter from Dickinsonia fossils, from the Ediacaran era, more than half a billion years ago. But this was cholesterol: i.e. a fairly simple molecule, that would be expected to be a lot more resistant to degradation than a protein, which as you may know is a long chain polymer, so easily broken by chemical processes.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
And still creationists are mocking it as impossible. Go figure!!!

67bb6b436116f912a4edbd4e6309e199--inner-ear-two-men.jpg

Earthling

David Henson
It's called l e a r n i n g.

Which part? The saying it's impossible or the thinking that you've then figured it out. So starting from a false premise and moving rapidly on to the contradiction usually resulting in correction is, I suppose, learning . . . what NOT to do!

Earthling

David Henson
And still creationists are mocking it as impossible. Go figure!!!

Creationists. You guys pick on those poor ignorant folks too much. Sure, they don't know the Bible and their ideas on creation are, well, almost as bad as yours, but cut them some slack, huh? Peas in a pod.

Last edited by a moderator:

HonestJoe

Not really. Only an n't. "God didn't do it!"
Their conclusion has absolutely nothing to do with any gods. The point is that they actually put in the work investigating the initially unexplained phenomena, coming up with viable hypotheses and testing them as best as is possible to reach a likely conclusion.